News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

firewall

Started by American_Muscle, May 27, 2008, 08:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

American_Muscle

I'm looking to replace my air conditioning box with a non A/C unit, but the firewall is different, anyone have a firewall out of a non a/c car they'd want to part with? or is there a way to fab it up and patch the old holes.
Kevin
1970 Super Bee Project

1974 Dodge Charger Project

1978 Dodge W200 Power Wagon Project

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 High Output Cummins Diesel with 6 Speed Manual

71green go

What year of car is it?.......there are numerous  differences in a non A/C firewall

American_Muscle

its a 74 coupe WL21 vin
1970 Super Bee Project

1974 Dodge Charger Project

1978 Dodge W200 Power Wagon Project

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 High Output Cummins Diesel with 6 Speed Manual

Charger74

You can even look for one from a satelliet/roadrunner or charger from 73/73, both makes.  I know Charger1973 is wanting to do this as well.

Charger1973

Yeah I would like to do this to mine but all of the cars ive had in the last few years have been A/C cars.  I do know where there is a non AC 74 Satellite sitting and have plans to snag that section and the heater box, if not the whole car sometime... 

Back N Black

Cut out pieces of sheet metal same as the holes you want to fill and weld it. I did it on my 69, here is a pic, it used to be a A/C firewall.

71green go

Harder to cut out areas on a 3rd Gen car.........the seam between the cowel and firewall run right along the booster mount area if its rusted badly....but if not rusted too bad then you can go ahead and try and patch...