News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you do a burnout?

Started by Dave22443, May 26, 2008, 07:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave22443

Inquiring minds want to know...

If you don't have a "trans brake" or any other "trick" items, what are the best techniques for doing really great burn-outs?  (Street and Strip)

:drive:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Blown68Coronet

I use a line lock. Don't start in first either! If you don't have a line lock, just press on the brake hard bring it up on the convertor and take some pressure off the brake pedal as you give it more gas. You'll be a "pro" at it in no time :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NkVgKSvhoQ&feature=related#

Runner

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on May 26, 2008, 08:32:04 PM
I use a line lock. Don't start in first either! If you don't have a line lock, just press on the brake hard bring it up on the convertor and take some pressure off the brake pedal as you give it more gas. You'll be a "pro" at it in no time :lol:

super sweet cononet Blown68Coronet.   what color is that?

the "dont do burnouts in first gear"  is ment for trannys with out a  first gear low band apply.

if your talking about just for fun, in my roadrunner i just matt the gas pedal and start shifting gears while the smoke flys, at the track i start in first get the tires spining, then shift to second and third, when i see smoke i let off the foot brake and roll out of the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se-WFhU5KQo&feature=related

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Blown68Coronet

Hey Runner,
Thanks,
The color code is TT1, light green metalic.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on May 26, 2008, 08:32:04 PM

And after the burnout  :drive:  this is what you get.....Traction !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Dave22443

Do burnouts help street tires grip better?  I've heard more than one person say it actually makes them grip less??

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

six-tee-nine

Now we're at the subject......

How does it work with a 4 speed? I guess right foot heel on the brake while tip playes the throttle and left foot takes care of the clutch......that is if you don't have extra goodies to help you out...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Blown68Coronet

Quote from: Dave22443 on May 27, 2008, 09:40:56 AM
Do burnouts help street tires grip better?  I've heard more than one person say it actually makes them grip less??

Those are my street tires. Hoosier Quick Time Pro's 31 x 16.5 :D

Regular radials only require a light scrub to clean them off.Anything longer than that it's just for show...but it's fun :smilielol:

Dave22443

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on May 27, 2008, 01:20:41 PM
Regular radials only require a light scrub to clean them off.Anything longer than that it's just for show...but it's fun :smilielol:

And THATS what I'm talking about  :2thumbs:

- Abraham Lincoln

joflaig

And the companion question: how do you get the rubber off your rear quarter panels? Or how do you prevent it from sticking there in the first place?

mikesbbody

Quote from: joflaig on May 27, 2008, 06:59:08 PM
And the companion question: how do you get the rubber off your rear quarter panels? Or how do you prevent it from sticking there in the first place?
There was a product you could buy specially made to get the rubber off but darn it, i cant remember the name! probably availible at a speed shop i think i saw it on the speed channel quite some time ago.

firefighter3931

PAM....no not Pamela Anderson   :D :drool5:     Pam, the cooking spray !  ;)

Spray it on the rear quarters before you burn some rubber and it will come off much easier.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

joflaig

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 27, 2008, 09:35:09 PM

PAM....no not Pamela Anderson   :D :drool5:     Pam, the cooking spray !  ;)

Spray it on the rear quarters before you burn some rubber and it will come off much easier.  :yesnod:

Ron

Drag racing, the only sport where you need white shoe polish, windex and PAM.

Dave22443

Okay, I'll bite.  What do you do with the white shoe polish?  :popcrn:

- Abraham Lincoln

joflaig

Quote from: Dave22443 on May 28, 2008, 05:05:59 AM
Okay, I'll bite.  What do you do with the white shoe polish?  :popcrn:

To write your dial in time if you're bracket racing on your windows (if you don't want to invest in something better).

Rob R

My X is a 4 spd car and I just put it in 2nd or 3rd bring up the rpm to about 2000 and dump the clutch and stand on it...

Blown68Coronet

Quote from: Rob R on May 28, 2008, 09:18:21 AM
My X is a 4 spd car and I just put it in 2nd or 3rd bring up the rpm to about 2000 and dump the clutch and stand on it...

Come on Rob....You know this thread is useless without some pics or vids! :popcrn:

firefighter3931

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on May 28, 2008, 10:48:32 AM

Come on Rob....You know this thread is useless without some pics or vids! :popcrn:

The link is just above Rob's engine pic   :nana: :lol:

http://www.mts.net/~reidfam/Rob1.wmv

That engine making some serious  steam !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Blown68Coronet

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 28, 2008, 11:24:41 AM

Ron

Hey Ron,
Guess my eyes are going on me in my old age :D

firefighter3931

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on May 28, 2008, 12:19:34 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 28, 2008, 11:24:41 AM

Ron

Hey Ron,
Guess my eyes are going on me in my old age :D

You and me both Brother !  :lol:

Ron

R2

I was going to comment on the getting rubber off the rear quarters,,,,,,,
I have had good success with "dish soap",,,,,i put some in a bottle,,,take it with me,,,,,,wipe on a moderate coating with a rag or towel.....race,,,,,,and then after i can use a small amount of water or moist towel....and it wipes right off,,,,AND cleans the quarter at the same time,,,,,,,
I havent tried the other stuff yet,,,,i am sure it would work just as well......
thought i would pass on the dish soap experience to ya'll
Doug