News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEW '69 Charger Tail Light Lenses??

Started by bill440rt, May 23, 2008, 07:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks for the heads up Bill!

Its such a good time now for a Charger owner who is actively restoring their car.....SOOOOO much is now available in the repro part selections.....is the Charger going to be like the Camaro's & Mustangs where "you can build the whole car with parts from a catalog" soon ???

:thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Wow, beautiful part at a fair price.  Those are on my list!   :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bill440rt

The only thing that scares me is that the seller has a feedback rating of ZERO. I wonder if any other vendors will be carrying these?  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69bronzeT5

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for repro tailight lenses FOREVER. I hope they are real.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BrianShaughnessy

I sent some questions his way...  we'll see.   0 feedback not a good sign usually.

I'm wondering if these are pieces from that company that Jude / Charger Afcionado was involved with.    There were some ads in MCG or someplace with repro tail lights but I never saw them in person. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bsakal

Does the hand come with them? It could come in "handy". :smilielol:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

DodgeChargerNeeded

0 feedback is not always bad. If they are new sellers with a new product they have to start somewhere. Maybe bookmark the auction and keep an eye on there feedback for a month or so and see how happy other customers are with the service
Jeff

mikesbbody

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 23, 2008, 08:03:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up Bill!

Its such a good time now for a Charger owner who is actively restoring their car.....SOOOOO much is now available in the repro part selections.....is the Charger going to be like the Camaro's & Mustangs where "you can build the whole car with parts from a catalog" soon ???

:thumbs:
so much is now available for second gen chargers and of course the always popular e bodies but what about us third gen guys? still, good news for all the 2nd gen guys  :2thumbs:

resq302

Funny, I just got a call from Premier Plastics (Amanda) who was offering me the set of repro 69 tail light lenses.  When I told her that I did not need the lenses but the tail light trim, she claimed that they had me down as wanting the lenses and the trim.  I wonder if it is Premier Plastics under a new name?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mikepmcs

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 23, 2008, 11:46:10 AM
I sent some questions his way...  we'll see.   0 feedback not a good sign usually.

I'm wondering if these are pieces from that company that Jude / Charger Afcionado was involved with.    There were some ads in MCG or someplace with repro tail lights but I never saw them in person. 

Brian,
Did you get a response from this seller.  Seller also has a grille center up there and claims to have 10 complete grilles for sale as well.
What makes me a little nervous is the fact that seller doesn't accept paypal and doesn't give the location(city, state) those 2 things always raise a flag with me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-Grille-Grill_W0QQitemZ320254565587QQihZ011QQcategoryZ42606QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BrianShaughnessy

Here's what I got back:

QuoteHello,
No, I am not the manufacturer. I buy in bulk from the company that manufactures these products. Yes, I have the lenses in stock, although they are not painted. Only the ebay item will be painted, but they are easy to paint. I am selling the unpainted lenses for $275.00. Thanks

- gmchrome818

And after asking how much for painted

QuotePainted would be $300.00.

- gmchrome818

I'm now waiting a reply to asking how he wants to handle a deal.

Non paypal types make me nervous.    I may understand why some people may choose not to use it but as a buyer I like the system.   

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 27, 2008, 07:12:44 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 23, 2008, 11:46:10 AM

Brian,
Did you get a response from this seller.  Seller also has a grille center up there and claims to have 10 complete grilles for sale as well.
What makes me a little nervous is the fact that seller doesn't accept paypal and doesn't give the location(city, state) those 2 things always raise a flag with me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-Grille-Grill_W0QQitemZ320254565587QQihZ011QQcategoryZ42606QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

v/r
Mike

myk

I see no reason why a seller wouldn't use paypal, unless they're worried about paypal intervening in the event that they SCAM someone...

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 23, 2008, 08:03:22 AM

Its a blessing and a curse. The only reason that parts are being made is because it is financially feasible. Which is a direct result of the higher cost of ownership of these things. Though if there is a good steady demand (can there be with a fixed supply of chargers?) prices will eventually be a bit lower because of the larger pool to spread the development costs over.

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

I emailed & asked where they are from. They're from McKinney, Tx which is the exact same place as the other ebay account that sold for Premiere Plastics. Lets see if the new user name brings new customer service.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 31, 2008, 02:19:18 PM
I emailed & asked where they are from. They're from McKinney, Tx which is the exact same place as the other ebay account that sold for Premiere Plastics. Lets see if the new user name brings new customer service.   ::)

That's the same info I got.   Meanwhile somebody bought that first pair for $255.  He's got another pair on ebay for $250 now but still no buy it now or paypal.

I'm holding off for now...   I just need a better driver side - pass side is OK.

Maybe whoever bought them is a member and will contribute?

70-500-SE-EXPORT

I got ripped off by premier plastics. Paid them $600 in January and never got the 69 charger grille I paid for 4 months later. They are scumbags and scammers. They do not answer the phone or return phone calls.  I once called them from a blocked phone # and they finally picked up.. I told them they better ship my grille immediately and they hung up on me. I had to file a claim with my credit card and I got my money back after 4 months. ! If this seller on ebay has 0 feedback and they are are from McKinney TX they are the premier plastics. They must have shut down their other account and opened up another one to cover bad feedback. I have a friend who placed a order for a grille with them and paid in full. He said they sent him SCREWDRIVER in a big box!! He signed for the package and because he signed for it the credit card company would not give him his $$ back because premier plastics had a tracking # and proved they shipped a package to his house and he signed. I called the better business bureau and reported them. I hope nobody on this forum gets ripped off like I did. STAY AWAY FROM PREMIER PLASTICS!
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

69*F5*SE

Thanks for the warning. Glad you got your money back. You should start a separate thread about this for all to see.  Just copy and paste to the new topic.  :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 06, 2008, 10:23:46 AM
Thanks for the warning. Glad you got your money back. You should start a separate thread about this for all to see.  Just copy and paste to the new topic.  :Twocents:
There are several threads on this site about people being ripped off on the repro grilles.

Type in "repro grilles"
Here's one of several.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36149.0.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BEAPARTS

It is Premier Plastics, be careful.  If they are like everything else produced by them they are casted and not injected acrylic.  Casting is a very cheap way to make a part.  The lens is cast from a resin which, in inself isn't a really terrible thing, it's only really bad. A resin casting will change colors and melt at relatively low temperatures. If you get a set of those lenses I would suggest not taking your car out in the sun.  I wouldn't even consider making any injected acrylic piece that way. :Twocents: