News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANYBODY EVER STOOD UP AND FOUGHT THE H.O.A ???????????

Started by skip68, May 15, 2008, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Interested in any and all responses!!!! Any hierarchy info would be great too :2thumbs: ! Dealing with a serious problem with a bad house. And we (our buddy/neighbor included) have put up cameras  to protect our homes! (Kids& Cars! :smilielol: :2thumbs:)
Mind you we live in a good neighborhood, except for one dam tweek house!!!!!!!! :brickwall: :flame: :eek2: Anyhoo!  ;D Getting harrased by the HOA for all kinds of stupid sh*t!!

Thanks a bunch! :yesnod:
The Skips ;)

There is so much more I could add, but it's late and anyone interested can post q's or P.M.! Thanks again! :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Rocky

You skipped alot of facts.  Which makes it pretty much impossiple to understand your situation.  The only thing I could decipher is that you and a neighbor are having a problem with tweekers, but the HOA is on your ass?  Doesn't make much sense to me, please clarify.

BTW, HOA's don't make much sense to me anyway, but I won't get into that argument at this time.

BB1

I thought you meant (Hemi Owners Association)  :slap:

Then there would have been blood drawn :boxing_smiley:

I don't buy homes with HOA, mostly because I have a lot of junk in my yard anywayzz.

Delete my profile

Goodz

What is a tweek house?  and why is the Home Owners Association bugging you?
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

Arthu®

Quote from: Goodz on May 16, 2008, 06:56:19 AM
What is a tweek house?

My best guess is that it is a house full of tweakers? Tweakers being people that use methamphetamine (speed, meth, chalk, whatever you want to call it). I really don't see tweakers being a problem though, my experience with tweakers (limited) is that they will mostly stay inside for days (even as much as weeks) without light (you can't stand light, when you are high), there is a tendency to forget to shower, etc though. So I don't see them causing loads of problems, but the house is probably not very well maintained and there will be activities 24/7.

I don't understand the relation to the H.O.A. though...

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Tilar

Quote from: BB1 on May 16, 2008, 06:52:07 AM
I don't buy homes with HOA, mostly because I have a lot of junk in my yard anywayzz.

I wouldn't have any place with a HOA, Simply because I wouldn't have anyone telling me what I can and can't do with my property.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Tilar on May 16, 2008, 07:20:37 AM

I wouldn't have any place with a HOA, Simply because I wouldn't have anyone telling me what I can and can't do with my property.

Time for Mrs. Skip to volunteer to be on the board of the HOA.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

Well, the house across from us is not selling avon at all times of the night, I know for sure! :smilielol: Anyhoo, our friend/neighbor down the street, put a tall pole in his yard with three cameras on it to view the street. We got a petition signed for approval from majority of other neighbors. He sent in the petition, and got a warning letter to take the pole down. He has since requested a hearing and the first time they responded, they said a meeting would take place last month. He took off work, to attend but they told him that the meeting was cancelled because they lost their building to hold the meeting! BS! :flame: They gave him another approx. date for the meeting and the HOA ended up having a secret meeting at a members house in the neighborhood (3 members attended), and did not tell our friend where it was even after he went to a few members homes and asked. Most said, "we'll let you know!" :rotz: Now that he is really fighting this ,...they are starting to harrass he and his wife. They got 7-8 write-ups in the last two weeks!!!! One of the latest complaints is his shed in the back yard. When they bought the house 4 years ago, he got approval for said shed, and now all of a sudden, it's in violation??? There are other petty write-ups like a small stain on his driveway, garden hose not completly off the driveway, ...silly sh*t like that!

Now the pole that he put up, has three camera's and his plan is to give the homeowners a dedicated web link to view the street. (Password protected). We also have approval from the Vegas P.D.!
The amount of traffic going into and out of this problem house would blow your mind!!! Everyone in the neighborhood is aware of this problem. In fact ,.......one of the Board Members lives NEXT DOOR to it!!!!! So, we have started to get warning letters too, about our "Dangerous" garden hose, just barely touching the driveway. (They sent a great photo!!! :smilielol:) I assume it's because they know we are friends and have tried to help with this problem!
Chuck went to the HOA this morning(video camera in hand :2thumbs:), so I'll see what he found out, but I think were pursuing an attorney next! Keep ya posted!
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Blown70

Well this would be why I live in the country yet again,   :rotz:  I have seen some issue that friends have with HOA, and want to puke, I think I would actually hurt someone if I had to deal with a bunch of JA$$ that held secret meetings......

Sorry to hear about this and hopefully you will get some resolution to your problem.

TOm

bull

Quote from: Tilar on May 16, 2008, 07:20:37 AM

Until your neighbor starts parking refrigerators and couches on the front lawn, 15 junk cars on the street and 54 cats in a school bus, right? People are always against HOAs until they wake up one day and realize that their neighborhood suddenly looks like Sanford & Son.

472 R/T SE

I have to agree with Curtis.  Wow there's a first.  :icon_smile_wink:

After we moved into our new house we had a HOA trying to throw their weight around but never got off the ground and soon dissipated.  Now I wish it was intact.  Boats in driveways, a/c units hanging out windows, etc. really trashes the 'hood.  Sure, if I didn't like it we would have moved out to the country but with my conditions and my wife working less than 2 miles to the hospital we'll deal with the neighbors.

I thought when a person signs papers on their newly bought house they were made aware of the covenants?  I know we were.

I do feel for you Mr & Mrs. Skip.  All it takes is a few self righteous HOA members to jack it up for the rest.  They should spend their time dealing with the meth house first and the pole later.  With tweekers comes guns...

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 16, 2008, 02:30:19 PM
I have to agree with Curtis.  Wow there's a first.  :icon_smile_wink:

After we moved into our new house we had a HOA trying to throw their weight around but never got off the ground and soon dissipated.  Now I wish it was intact.  Boats in driveways, a/c units hanging out windows, etc. really trashes the 'hood.  Sure, if I didn't like it we would have moved out to the country but with my conditions and my wife working less than 2 miles to the hospital we'll deal with the neighbors.

I thought when a person signs papers on their newly bought house they were made aware of the covenants?  I know we were.

I do feel for you Mr & Mrs. Skip.  All it takes is a few self righteous HOA members to jack it up for the rest.  They should spend their time dealing with the meth house first and the pole later.  With tweekers comes guns...

Yea, I'm not saying HOAs are all perfect but if they're run by decent people who simply want a nice, safe and clean environment in which to live they can be your best friend. And a decent-looking neighborhood is good for property values so in essence a bad neighbor can cost you money.

miller

Quick question, what can the HOA really do if you decide you don't care about their silly rules? You bought the house, they can't take if from you, so what else can they do as a punishment?

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

moparstuart

Quote from: miller on May 16, 2008, 03:52:59 PM
Quick question, what can the HOA really do if you decide you don't care about their silly rules? You bought the house, they can't take if from you, so what else can they do as a punishment?
  they can attach a lien to your house and yes that will cause a mess if you ever try to sell ! 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

last426

They fine you, put liens on the home, and foreclose.  I deal with such things in court all the time.  Go to www.marlia.com to see an original 71 hemi.  Kim

skip68

We actually have on VIDEO the younger son,  in the garage, sitting with a pistol. He gets a phone call, and then procedes to "stash" the gun on top of a box or something, that is only two feet high. Oh, did I forget to mention, there is a little, (they say) 5 year old that lives there too. There are four generations living in a single family dwelling. 8 people for 3 bedrooms! ::) Chuck is at the code enforcement right now, but he talked to a employee at that office over the phone earlier, and they said they are trying to change the laws regarding #'s of residents in a dwelling! :brickwall: This is god dam Las Vegas! We have code rules in Ca. you would think it would be here too, considering how large and important this city is! :shruggy:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
P.S. Here is a link of the raid they did last year on the same house, same people!!!!!!! (We hadn't moved here yet!) But the person that wrote it is the son of the HOA member that lives next door to said house!!! :scratchchin:

http://yeyende.blogspot.com/2007/06/no-seriously-my-life-really-is-this.html

MichaelRW

If you don't already have a copy get a copy of the Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions. This document should spell out exactly what the specifics are for the HOA. That should help in knowing whether you or any one else is in violation and even whether the HOA itself may be violating it's own rules.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

dkn1997

The 38 year old married/kids/mortgage/job guy in me says you have to be patient, let the police handle it, make peace with the HOA, yada yada yada.

........Then theres the other part of me that would love to see mr and mrs skip and the kids walk across the street and go chuck norris on the crackheads!  that situation pisses me off just reading it.  It's really beyond explanation why the HOA takes the crackheads side on this.  you mean to tell me that a crackhouse conforms to all of the HOA rules?  can't imagine they have all of thier garden hoses tied up in pretty french braids and a stainfree driveway....

maybe it's time for you to rally any rational concerned neighbors and have your own meeting.  they were willing to sign a petition already and if they are fully aware of the HOA's actions, they may be willing to do more than just pencil whip a piece of paper...at the very least, try to get enough of them to vote out the current HOA leadership.  easier said than done, yes...probably lots of little school girl politics going on, as with any HOA..  but still worth a try.

RECHRGED

skip68

Yeah, I agree! Very pissed off with the internal "corruption". We are trying to do a GOOD service to community members by informing them about what is going on when they go to bed at night (and alot of times in the day, when owners are working!!!). And I have to tell you all, that Chuck is a very good man, who want's to only help, not hinder the police/swat. (Actually we are working with them! and it's not the first time or the second time, either!)
My only advice to potential home buyers: Go at nighttime, and sit in your car just to watch what's going on. You'll probably get a whole new perspective on a potential home investment!
Mrs.Skip ;)

BigRed66

Sorry to hear about your problem...that being said, THAT is exactly why I live in the sticks on my 5 acres...just leave me alone...I will put up what kind of drapes I want, build a fort for my kids as high as I want, put whatever kind of pool I want in my yard wherever I want...I cannot stand those HOA dillholes telling me what to do....I can't stand anyone telling me what to do, for that matter...but where/how I choose to live in a home that I am paying for is my business...even if I had a problem with a neighbor, where I live, you go to the Township meeting, voice your concerns, and they handle it as diplomatically as possible...if you don't comply with a Township edict in a reasonable amount of time, depending on the violation (environmental, nuisance, upkeep, whatever), the County will step in and levy a fine...it rarely comes to that, though...I live among some decent people, and also the Amish (I keep telling Mose Yoder that his buggy'd look badass with a 3-foot wing on the back of it, or maybe some Bumblebee stripes, but, as of yet, his ride is strictly black and 1 HP...he'll come around...), so everyone on my road keeps their stuff kept up...EFF the HOA, though...
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

dkn1997

Quote from: BigRed66 on May 16, 2008, 06:20:24 PM
...EFF the HOA, though...

Now there's a Vanity plate for the skip family.  EFDAHOA
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

Quote from: dkn1997 on May 16, 2008, 05:23:29 PM........Then theres the other part of me that would love to see mr and mrs skip and the kids walk across the street and go chuck norris on the crackheads!  that situation pisses me off just reading it.  It's really beyond explanation why the HOA takes the crackheads side on this.  you mean to tell me that a crackhouse conforms to all of the HOA rules?  can't imagine they have all of thier garden hoses tied up in pretty french braids and a stainfree driveway....

The HOA probably sees Mrs. Skip and company as an easy target and the HOA is afraid of the Meth house.  Mrs. Skip, do you know all the members of the HOA?  Is one of the member living in the Tweekers house maybe?

Quote from: BigRed66 on May 16, 2008, 06:20:24 PM
...I live among some decent people, and also the Amish (I keep telling Mose Yoder that his buggy'd look badass with a 3-foot wing on the back of it, or maybe some Bumblebee stripes, but, as of yet, his ride is strictly black and 1 HP...he'll come around...), so everyone on my road keeps their stuff kept up...EFF the HOA, though...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   1 HP   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

QUOTE: The HOA probably sees Mrs. Skip and company as an easy target and the HOA is afraid of the Meth house.  Mrs. Skip, do you know all the members of the HOA?  Is one of the member living in the Tweekers house maybe?

I would Highly doubt that! Did you look at the raid thread that I posted ? Why would anyone give a membership to people like that?

Now, that is RATIONAL thinking,......................................but you never know. I seriously doubt it! I wish I could post all the complied footage from that house so you could see first hand! Just not that computer friendly yet as far as posting vid's /Pics. And we don't want too much out there yet!
:yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

PocketThunder

Quote from: skip68 on May 16, 2008, 11:41:23 PM
QUOTE: The HOA probably sees Mrs. Skip and company as an easy target and the HOA is afraid of the Meth house.  Mrs. Skip, do you know all the members of the HOA?  Is one of the member living in the Tweekers house maybe?

I would Highly doubt that! Did you look at the raid thread that I posted ? Why would anyone give a membership to people like that?

Now, that is RATIONAL thinking,......................................but you never know. I seriously doubt it! I wish I could post all the complied footage from that house so you could see first hand! Just not that computer friendly yet as far as posting vid's /Pics. And we don't want too much out there yet!
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

the raid thread?  no i didnt see it.

skip68

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 16, 2008, 11:46:26 PM
Quote from: skip68 on May 16, 2008, 11:41:23 PM

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

the raid thread?  no i didnt see it.
I'm sorry Pocket, I meant the link that i posted in this topic!  :icon_smile_big: Very interesting stuff!

http://yeyende.blogspot.com/2007/06/no-seriously-my-life-really-is-this.html