News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does broadcast sheet indicate power or manual brakes?

Started by timinator, May 13, 2008, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

My 69 doesn't have a fender tag. All I have is a broadcast sheet and I'm trying to figure out if it was a manual or power brake car from the factory. Here's a pic of it. Does this give me the info I need?

69CoronetRT

That portion of the BS does not give you a good indication of whether it is a power brake car or not. Look on line 6 the sheets for the B section and look for the numeral "1" under 51 POWER. That will tell you what you want to know.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

timinator

That part of the sheet is gone right under the B51 so I can't tell. Manual brakes just had a rod from the pedal to the master cylinder, right? My other Charger has power brakes and there's a bracket and pivot assembly.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Email me a scan of the sheet & I can try and decode it for you..  I can lay out the codes on what your tag should look like if you wanted to get a repro....

admin@1969chargerregistry.com

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

timinator,

That section of the Broadcast Sheet does indicate your car had manual brakes (can tell it's an XP auto car without the SE package and without cruise control from that same snippet as well).

Under the CL/BRK PEDAL is listed 42, which is the truncated part number 2823542.  That indicates a brake pedal assembly for an automatic car with manual brakes.  If your car had power brakes, it would have a 43 in that box.  The 22 under FRONT BRAKE only indicates that it had 10x2-1/2" front drums.

:cheers:

hemigeno

Forgot to mention...  the same section of B-cast sheet also shows you have a 383 2bbl engine... with 2.71 gears...

69_500

Ah Gene has been staring at the stack of papers too long hasn't he?  :yesnod: Admit it Gene, how much time have you spent pouring over those sheets since we picked them up last year? I know I've read through them at least 15 times already.

hemigeno

Too long, and the stack of files on my desk here at work will back that statement up (which is also why I'm still at the office at 7:30pm)

:lol:

<<<  Shuffles back to the stack of files...