News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transformers 2 / June 2009

Started by THE COLONEL, May 11, 2008, 01:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

This will be a good one.  Maybe better then the first, and we don't even know the plot yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

bull

It's probably not too heavy on the plot anyway.

TruckDriver

I still haven't seen the first one yet ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dkn1997

getting closer... I am all fired up. Transformers 1 is a huge hit in my house since we got it on dvd.   

RECHRGED

cpthowdy1369

They need to add a Dodge Charger Transformer.
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparstuart

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 08, 2008, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: cpthowdy1369 on December 08, 2008, 09:56:30 PM
They need to add a Dodge Charger Transformer.

Thats what I was thinking
it would just be one of those new 4 doors
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TheGhost

Better than them all being some kinda GM product. ::)

I sincerely hope there isn't as much product placement/advertisement in this one.

Oh, and also, I sincerely hope the insanely hot chick is in it, too.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

Quote from: TheGhost on December 08, 2008, 10:53:46 PM

I sincerely hope there isn't as much product placement/advertisement in this one.

Ill take Chevy over new magnum sedan. Of course they always can throw in new Challenger.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

Quote from: TheGhost on December 08, 2008, 10:53:46 PM

she is. Megan Fox is listed as a cast member on IMDB. 
RECHRGED

Mike DC

I thought the first one was way overrated. 

The sound mix was assulting to the point that I wanted to leave the theater. 

The directing was typical Michael Bay without his Ritalin.  I first saw it about 15 years ago.  I was sick of it about 12 years ago. 

The SFX guys were so busy demonstrating elaborate 3-D rendering that they forgot to make the robotic forms have anything to do with the vehicular form of each character.   (Optimus Prime?  WTF?  Changing the whole look of that iconic character was right up there with Greedo shooting first.)

And the product placement?  Please.  When the Autobots were all driving out in the desert the soundtrack should have started playing "Like a Rock." 

2much2learn

I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

Dodge Don

That GL one was pretty good. Wonder how much time it took to create that short?

Here is another

http://1970chargerregistry.com/pictures/transformers.html

baullz

Oh man that GL short was awesome  :2thumbs:

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BrianShaughnessy

I saw the DVD.   I wouldn't want to spend much more than $5 on it.  I'm too old to remember this crap from cartoons or toys so it wasn't that much of a big deal to me.

Megan Fox was the best thing about it. :drool:    :Twocents:   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

cpthowdy1369

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

2much2learn

is there anyway anyone cam make it a jif. where it plays continously, :shruggy: i wanna make that my display pic. :coolgleamA:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

Mike DC

The chick was hot but she seemed nothing like a believable high school girl.  It might as well have been Sarah Connelly or Angelina Jolie in the role.

And if the movie had been real then she wouldn't have still been Shia LeBuff's girl by the end.  She probly would have forgotten all about Marty McFly & his alien-posessed Camaro and started swinging her tush at the 25-35yo soldier dude that was on their side.

Sorry to be so negative but the movie just disappointed me. 

TheGhost

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 09, 2008, 07:42:38 PMSorry to be so negative but the movie just disappointed me. 

You aren't the only one.

Hell, when the title characters of a movie end up being secondary characters, then somethings wrong.  When I go to a movie titled Transformers, I want the story to be about Transformers, not about a couple of teenagers.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Finn

I liked it much better in theaters but I still think its a fun ride on DVD.

There really is no way to describe it in theaters if you didnt get a chance to see it there. I was in AZ at the time and my friend called me up at midnight and said dude you gotta go see transformers so I woke my brother up and we went to a 1am showing (which sold out about 5 minutes after we got tickets*. I came out shaking and I was never into the cartoon or the toys. :2thumbs:
It should be noted that the theaters in AZ make the IMAX in my town look like a 42" plasma.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Drache

The reason they changed the type of truck Optimus Prime was, was because when they put him on the computer screen, physics stated he would have been too top heavy and look weird. The one thing the Transformers movie had a computer program written that the robot modes were made up EXACTLY and ONLY by what their vehicle forms could be, IE the parts of the vehicle had to pretty much make up the robot mode.

Also the biggest problem with the cartoons was how the transformers were always "changing size"! One minute there is a transformer the same size as another, yet he transforms into a spaceship that can suddenly carry his entire TEAM including the largest transformer of them all Devestator which was at least twice as tall as Optimus in one show and yet 4 times as tall in another show. (I own the Anniversary edition of the animated movie).

I was mad that the movie was about the teens and NOT centered around the Transformers themselves... makes me wonder what the GI JOE movie coming out will be like considering they will all be dressed in baby blue camo that says GI JOE mixed into the camo pattern... at least they kept Snake Eyes somewhat the same as the cartoons....

Now as for an "old" Charger as a transformer I love the idea! Give it the "age and wisdom" of Kupp from the animated movie (he's an "old timer" with lots of "war stories").

There was a picture on google somewhere of a 1970 Dodge Charger transformer toy that someone custom created and it looked PERFECT! It actually looked like the F&F Charger blower and all if I remember.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger74

Drache, I'm afraid you will be sorely, sorely disappointed with the GI Joe movie since they are not part of the US Military, but a UN force from my understanding.

Mike DC

QuoteThe reason they changed the type of truck Optimus Prime was, was because when they put him on the computer screen, physics stated he would have been too top heavy and look weird. The one thing the Transformers movie had a computer program written that the robot modes were made up EXACTLY and ONLY by what their vehicle forms could be, IE the parts of the vehicle had to pretty much make up the robot mode.

I've heard this about the new Optimus.   But, I've also heard that this is a cover story for an artistic decision that was really made on much less rational grounds. 

Honestly I believe the latter story. 

It already takes SO MANY twists & turns & slides & extensions of hardware just to turn a 1976 Camaro into the standing humanoid "Bumblebee" robot we saw . . . I think Optimus would have stayed the same if they'd really wanted him to.  I suspect the production designer had just watched too much O.C. Choppers and had too little reverence for the original material.

----------------------------------------------------------------

QuoteAlso the biggest problem with the cartoons was how the transformers were always "changing size"! One minute there is a transformer the same size as another, yet he transforms into a spaceship that can suddenly carry his entire TEAM including the largest transformer of them all Devestator which was at least twice as tall as Optimus in one show and yet 4 times as tall in another show. (I own the Anniversary edition of the animated movie).

Now with this one I really agree with you.

The single biggest hilarity had to be when Megatron turned into a pistol in the old cartoon.  I remember thinking that was ludicrous even when I was a gradeschool kid.  But my personal favorite was Optimus Prime's trailer.  It would just come conveniently rolling into the frame from the side whenever he changed.

Changing Megatron's vehicle form into a military tank was one of the best character changes they made for this movie IMHO.  It works, it fits the character, and the final new choice doesn't have a suspicious cloud of product-placement hanging over it.

Drache

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 11, 2008, 06:12:43 PM
Changing Megatron's vehicle form into a military tank was one of the best character changes they made for this movie IMHO.  It works, it fits the character, and the final new choice doesn't have a suspicious cloud of product-placement hanging over it. 

If I remember correctly, Megatron was some sort of "spaceship" in the movies. Which isn't really new since before megatron landed on earth in the cartoons, he was a spaceship.

what I thought was cool was the official website for the movie while it was still being made had a poll on the greatest "saying" from the cartoons and the winner would be put into the movie. The winning saying was "at the end of the day, one shall stand, one shall fall" which was the famous line from the full length animated movie, the ultimate showdown of the final battle between megatron and prime. Sadly the one saying I was really waiting for was "autobots, transform and roll out" was never fully said, the "roll out" was left out.

The second cool thing about the movie was the voice of Prime was the same as the cartoons! They were originally going to get the same Megatron as well but the voice actor couldn't do megatrons voice anymore and so they just went with someone else.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire