News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar's in May branson missouri show pictures (ROAD TRIP) birdable blows-up

Started by moparstuart, May 04, 2008, 07:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Well after wiring up our electric condenser fan infront of the radiator up in the nose , and tuning the carbs the car was running great . We were running 17 miles to the gallon off the center two barrel. The car temp had come down to around 180 degree's. We got to about  an hour and 1/2 out side of kansas city on 13 hwy at the deep water exit and Kaboom . The block in the birdable is toast .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

well I had a great time driving my car the last two weekends . It was the first time i got to drive it in 11 years. Yes we had our up's and downs. With a horrible ending but No I'm not giving up on my dream car and no It's not for sales. Just going to build another better stronger motor and go cruising again.   

moparstuart

:flame:     :smilielol: :lol: :nana:  Our super friends from iowa and minnesota had to get on the road home. They still had a long drive ahead. Great friend wayne perkins sat and waited with us for two hours on the side of the road Hemi daytona and all. While our very good selfless Friends Leo and deron mcgraw unloaded there trailer in Kansas city kansas and drove down picking us up. This is a great hobbie with amazing people that i am so blessed to know.

moparstuart

:popcrn: more mopar friends from iowa stop to check on us

moparstuart

:drool5: trailer   :pity:   , oil spot  :flame:

moparstuart

:popcrn:  now sunday night we are all safe and home 

Death1970Proof

Quote from: moparstuart on May 04, 2008, 10:08:26 PM
:flame:     :smilielol: :lol: :nana:  Our super friends from iowa and minnesota had to get on the road home. They still had a long drive ahead. Great friend wayne perkins sat and waited with us for two hours on the side of the road Hemi daytona and all. While our very good selfless Friends Leo and deron mcgraw unloaded there trailer in Kansas city kansas and drove down picking us up. This is a great hobbie with amazing people that i am so blessed to know.

This still proves that this can be still a hobby and there are great people willing to help! great pics and story! Thanks for sharing! Sorry about your 440 (?) but was amazed at your 17mpg average. What do you have 3.23's and auto???
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

moparstuart

Quote from: Death1970Proof on May 04, 2008, 10:24:10 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 04, 2008, 10:08:26 PM

This still proves that this can be still a hobby and there are great people willing to help! great pics and story! Thanks for sharing! Sorry about your 440 (?) but was amazed at your 17mpg average. What do you have 3.23's and auto???
3:55 auto but that average was all Hiway mileage! and just on the road back today before it blew up !  I guess they run the best before they blow ?

moparnutty

More pictures from Branson.

Fitz73Chrgr

Sorry to hear about the bad luck.  Glad some Mopar friends helped you out!  I recognize quite a few of those cars from around MO.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Daytona R/T SE

Damn, Stuart, That sucks!  But ya know something? Those road trip photos of yours make me want to get my Daytona clone going....BAD!

Where did your buddie's pink Challenger 'vert come from? It looks a whole lot like one a friend of mine used to have...

hotrod98

Sorry to hear about the 440 going south on you. Seeing the pics makes me wish we had driven the cudas up for the weekend. Now, if we could just get some of those wingcars back to Branson in August for the Super Summer Cruise...maybe we could get together at Lambert's on Thursday evening.  ;D

Oh yeah, my daytona clone is coming together nicely. I start assembling the nose this week. It should be ready by Branson.

Anyway the birdable looks great.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

WOW!  the top looks great !   :nana:

that is truly a KABOOM! it's been a long time since I've seen a 440 do that.  :pity:  :cheers:  it's just an excuse to build a better motor . i got an extra 440  short block I'm not using if you want it.   :scratchchin:
   that sucks, BIG TIME  but you all made it home safe . and the baby is resting in your garage .

it's incredible how people in this hobby will go out of your way for ya. its refreshing to see that. kinda gives ya some hope for humanity.   Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Lowprofile

Wow! Great story stuart! Sorry to hear about your engine bro. Your car looks great.....love the color combo. I have to say [like many others here] the folks in the car hobby are the best!  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

terrible one

Awesome pictures, I'll bet that was fun! Of course, it's horrible what happened to the 440 but it's great that you didn't let it ruin your time devoted to enjoying the hobby. Also, it's definitely a great thing to see the amount of help you got from other enthusiasts. I'm really digging the picture with you kickin' it in the chairs with the car on the side of the highway.

Oh, and Lambert's is awesome! (In Arkansas myself)

dads_69

Stuart, awesome photos and a road trip to remember. Whats a mopar w/o issues right?  :2thumbs:

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

RD

cant wait to see what you find out as to why it did that... sorry to hear about your loss *sniff sniff*
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

thanks guys , I'm kinda suprised after waiting so long to drive it that I have been so calm . I just figure theres nothing I can do about it now so why get upset .  Life is to short right !  I did enjoy driving it while it lasted and man does it draw a crowd , have to be really careful people swerving at you camera phone in hand and trying to drive .   

RM23U2

Thanks for sending out the e-mail. Man, it's just sad to see a 440 block headed for the smelter. :bawling: But your attitude about it is great! :2thumbs: If mine ever does something like that I hope to be that calm about it!

Awesome pics! I like the concept car (at least I think that's what it is??). I remember seeing pics of it years ago.

Is it a repro or the original ...?
Mopar - OnlyTheBest!

............. 2002 Intrepid R/T ............................ 1972 RR/GTX

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sorry to hear the misfortune Stuart :rotz:  Show looked like a great time with lots of cool cars :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 04, 2008, 11:20:20 PM
Sorry to hear about the 440 going south on you. Seeing the pics makes me wish we had driven the cudas up for the weekend. Now, if we could just get some of those wingcars back to Branson in August for the Super Summer Cruise...maybe we could get together at Lambert's on Thursday evening.  ;D

Oh yeah, my daytona clone is coming together nicely. I start assembling the nose this week. It should be ready by Branson.

Anyway the birdable looks great.  :2thumbs:
larry i didnt know you were working on your daytona  , that great

justin1987

Quote from: RM23U2 on May 05, 2008, 08:53:46 AM
Thanks for sending out the e-mail. Man, it's just sad to see a 440 block headed for the smelter. :bawling: But your attitude about it is great! :2thumbs: If mine ever does something like that I hope to be that calm about it!

Awesome pics! I like the concept car (at least I think that's what it is??). I remember seeing pics of it years ago.

Is it a repro or the original ...?

That is the clone.

66chargerkid

Its a clone forsure but ITS AWESOME! I love that car. I saw it for the first time last year in eldorado kansas and tried not to drool on it.

69_500

Ouch, sounds like the weekend started off a little rough, brightened up considerably then went south in a hurry. Glad to hear though that nothing catastrophic happened when the engine blew though, like a pile up on the interstate or anything along those lines. You still going to have the car at the Monster Mopar right?

moparstuart