News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who can tell me the difference between these two products... (yes auto related)

Started by RD, May 04, 2008, 03:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

take your best guess besides both are packaged differently :D... will provide the answer later if no one guesses it right off
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Old Moparz

The one on the right is taller, so it probably has more in it & weighs more. That means the portion on the bottom in the container on the right is compressed due to the extra weight, & will be thicker & take longer to pour, especially in winter.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bordin34

The one on the right is the exact same thing as the left, but much cheaper?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

suntech

Not familiar with any of them, but looks like the one from Comp is a brak in additive, with some of the additives redused in modern oils, to protect flat tappet cams. Like Zink etc.
The synergyn sounds more like a friction reducer, like Slick 50, and stuff like that. :shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Death1970Proof

"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

73-charger-383

Drache

Quote from: 73-charger-383 on May 04, 2008, 10:27:36 PM
the one on the left tastes more like original Dr. Pepper

What's the difference between Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pip?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

terrible one

Quote from: Drache on May 04, 2008, 10:47:45 PM
Quote from: 73-charger-383 on May 04, 2008, 10:27:36 PM
the one on the left tastes more like original Dr. Pepper

What's the difference between Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pip?

That Dr. Pepper is an actual beverage and Mr. Pip isn't?

RD

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 04, 2008, 08:26:21 PM
What I want to know is what the can of Chevy orange-red is for :scratchchin:

picture was taken at my machine shop :D

the difference is (drum roll).....

the one on the right has been formulated to have more zinc, BUT both products are made by the company on the right out of Durant, Oklahoma.

comp assembly lube costs 10.99 a bottle, the synergyn is around 15.00 per bottle (i think).  the synergyn bottle has more and has been formulated to carry more zinc (practically that is all it is, from what i am told).  my machine shop states they put two bottles of synergyn in every build they put together.  then, you should put in one bottle for every 5 quarts at an oil change if you have flat tappet cams.

I actually can get the stuff at 14.00 each (a discount from the machine shop, wholesale is 13.25 methinks).  so if you all want some, i think i can manage a group buy.

i put a dab of this stuff on my finger, swirled it between my finger and thumb, wiped off my finger, and rubbed my finger and thumb together and it was still slick... wiped it off again, did the same thing... still slick.  this stuff coats really nicely.  My machine shop has switched to this in regards to assembly lube on all products (diesels and gasoline engines).

I put a bottle in my charger when I put the new cam in.  only time will tell, but I have heard good things by doing some searches on the web.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

thanks for the info, what is difference between those products and slick50 ?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

RD