News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Think this is worth $1500?

Started by C_stripes, April 30, 2008, 07:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kid

Quote from: C_stripes on May 01, 2008, 05:57:22 PM
Well.  It looks as if I am going to go pick it up this week end.  I am getting excited.  I will let you all know how it goes.
Sweet :2thumbs: !

That thing was definitely worth $1500 :yesnod: . Nice score!

moparmusclecars

"A Road Runner is not worth $60,000, I don't care what engine it has."

I'm not offended by this comment, and I'm not here to start a pissing match either. I'm also not here to attack anyone. I'm only posting to possibly show some "real" awareness. Cars in my opinion are only worth what someone else is willing to buy them for regardless, whether they be a Road Runner, Charger, or a Sport Fury. That is why Ebay has actually become a good guideline for what "items are really worth". Closed deals that are "paid for" are good indicators to me that apparently someone else thought it was worth "X" amount of money. My 1971 Road Runner with original 440-6 pack and four speed is a rare car in that it has almost every possible option available in '71 and I've been offered way more than 60,000 dollars for it. (This is just the closest example that comes to mind right away). Also check the link out below on this Road Runner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-PLYMOUTH-ROAD-RUNNER-HEMI-GALEN-DOC-S-MATCHING_W0QQitemZ160231929213QQcmdZViewItem

I happen to own two Road Runner's and a Charger. I like all the Mopars.
I personally believe the drive train in any car "does" dictate what it really is worth to the people that can honestly afford to step up and buy it.  Please just remember though, all this is just my own opinion on things. Thanks  ::)

Kevin68N71

Quote from: moparmusclecars on May 01, 2008, 10:40:18 PM
"A Road Runner is not worth $60,000, I don't care what engine it has."

I'm not offended by this comment, and I'm not here to start a pissing match either. I'm also not here to attack anyone. I'm only posting to possibly show some "real" awareness. Cars in my opinion are only worth what someone else is willing to buy them for regardless, whether they be a Road Runner, Charger, or a Sport Fury. That is why Ebay has actually become a good guideline for what "items are really worth". Closed deals that are "paid for" are good indicators to me that apparently someone else thought it was worth "X" amount of money. My 1971 Road Runner with original 440-6 pack and four speed is a rare car in that it has almost every possible option available in '71 and I've been offered way more than 60,000 dollars for it. (This is just the closest example that comes to mind right away). Also check the link out below on this Road Runner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-PLYMOUTH-ROAD-RUNNER-HEMI-GALEN-DOC-S-MATCHING_W0QQitemZ160231929213QQcmdZViewItem

I happen to own two Road Runner's and a Charger. I like all the Mopars.
I personally believe the drive train in any car "does" dictate what it really is worth to the people that can honestly afford to step up and buy it.  Please just remember though, all this is just my own opinion on things. Thanks  ::)

Yes, but you miss my point.

In a free market, anything is certainly worth whatever the market will bear.  And certainly, a rare 426 hemi 4 speed sunroof car with other bizarre options is worth more than  a slant 6 car, in terms of what the market will pay.

My statement was based on my personal perceptions of value.  I don't think it is worth a one or two years of  pay-or more- for these cars.  I am glad I got mine when I did.  I bought my 1971 Super Bee for $7000.  I think the car is worth now $15,000, maybe.  But it isn't worth $30,000 like some might pay for it.  I make a very good living, but I wouldn't shell out $150,000 for a Superbird.  If ya got the money go for it, but for ME, personally, that car is not worth more than $50,000, if that.  My idea of value is the amount of pleasure I would get out of the car for what I paid.  I could buy a Ferrari, a Corvette, a lesser Mopar, all for the price of a Superbird.  To me, that is just not value.  The other cars are not slower, give just as much pleasure, etc than the Superbird.  I don't pay out my dollars because a market tells me to.  Again, that is just how I feel, most Mopars are priced out of what they are worth.

If I were starting over, I would look for the cars that the market has not overinflated (although the whole market is overinflated.)  Certain Corvettes, Panteras, 390 AMX, Jensen Interceptors, and others.

As far as Ebay is concerned, check the Mopar section under the completed auctions.  Quite often, the "Reserve not met" entries far outnumber those successfully sold.  A number of those cars sold on auction sites have had rust and other issues glossed over, just ask some of the people here who have purchased them online.  Ebay should not be solely relied on for determining market value.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

bull

Where were those pictures taken? The landscape looks familiar.

BROCK

There is a brown 383 car just like this downtown in a "not for sale" lot.  It's been there for years. 
Now I know.  It's a 1970 sport fury.  Thanks!
Oh!  Buy it!!!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Charger_Fan

Well?? The ad's gone, did you get it? :popcrn:
Let's see some pics! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

billssuperbird

the front marker light out of 1970 fury  go in a nose of a superbird :yesnod: :popcrn:

TheGhost

Bump, cause I wanna know if he got it, too.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

C_stripes

I didn't get it and its a bit of a sore spot. But I'll live.  There is probably better cars anyway.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

CHRGR SE

$1500 is nothing for that car. It's worth at least $3k on the left coast.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.