News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just got my baby back. But I do need help.

Started by DREDILSKI, April 30, 2008, 09:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DREDILSKI

Wuz Up! My name is DRE and I just my dad to pass down his 1973 Dodge Charger SE that I have been in love with since the age of two.  but I am having a hard time locating parts for it on Year One.com and Summit.  I am looking to get it back in at least good condition. Right now I'm looking to get it rewired and after that I already have a person doing body and paint. Me; not knowing the best process to take; I'm thinking after body and paint, drive-train touch-ups or improvements, interior and then accessories. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out with some tips on this process, as well as some websites to were I can find parts, light lens, all the chrome pieces for the body and any other little thing you guys might be able to come up with.  Once again thank you for your help, as big or as little as it may be,  THANK YOU.
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

The70RT

Quote from: DREDILSKI on April 30, 2008, 09:41:23 AM
Wuz Up! My name is DRE and I just my dad to pass down his 1973 Dodge Charger SE that I have been in love with since the age of two.  but I am having a hard time locating parts for it on Year One.com and Summit.  I am looking to get it back in at least good condition. Right now I'm looking to get it rewired and after that I already have a person doing body and paint. Me; not knowing the best process to take; I'm thinking after body and paint, drive-train touch-ups or improvements, interior and then accessories. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out with some tips on this process, as well as some websites to were I can find parts, light lens, all the chrome pieces for the body and any other little thing you guys might be able to come up with.  Once again thank you for your help, as big or as little as it may be,  THANK YOU.

Just do a search on this site. You can find almost all the info you need and if not just ask. As far as parts your best bet is eBay or just search the internet for idividual people selling parts.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chatt69chgr

Look up BEA mopar parts on the net and see if they have anything for your car.  They are reproducing a lot of parts now that were never reproduced in the past.  As was suggested, EBAY is a good place to look.  I think BEA sells on there also as do a lot of the other outfits selling Mopar restoration parts.  Oftentimes, you can look at the EBAY listing and figure out who the outfit is and then use google to look them up if they don't tell you their contact info on the EBAY site.  You have to be persistant as a lot of these places are hard to find.  If you have specific parts that you can't find a source for, then ask on here and someone will probably know where to get them or at least tell you they have not been repoped.  Who knows, someone might have a used part they could part with.

Kevin68N71

Don't forget the tons of ads you will see in a copy of Hemmings Motor News.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

Charger74

Mainly DRE, since you have a 3rd Gen, you will have a hard time finding stuff for our cars other than Ebay and a few other vendors. BEA is one of the best, the two you looked at won't have a lot of really specific interior stuff.  You should be able to get a repo wiring harness from them though.  Also check out the 3rd gen site in my sig.

Big Lebowski

Year one sells a new main wiring harness $500?, the front engine harness is $150 i think.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."