News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use XV Motorsports Power Window conversion? How did you mount the switch?

Started by Corellian Corvette, April 25, 2008, 01:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

I put the XV Motorsport power window regulators into my 68 charger. Went in very easily and they seem to work well.

However, they use GM style power window swicthes and they are pretty thick. I'm not sure how to mount them in the door panels. Anyone do this?

4aThrill

what the you are going to put GM switches in a Mopar  :spank: if there thick I would put them in a place there hidden but in a place for easy access though. if you have a floor shifter column put them in or around the floor column so they look like they goo there or something like that :D

UFO

Do they have the same number of wires?How about converting them to work with mopar controls.
The original location is the same spot as the cranks were.

sick dawg

I like the kits that use your window crank for the power window swicth. you can't even tell by looking at it that there are power windows in the car. Too cool! :cheers:

BrianShaughnessy

Legendary door panels have an imprint for the factory switches on the back side surrounding the crank hole that can be cut out which is by the door.    The XV setup's switches are almost the same size - just a bit smaller so you need to handtrim each from the template they provide.  If you cut out to the exact factory size you went too big.   But if you ever get factory switches you have room to grow.

Once in place,   be sure to trim the long leg of the switch - it sticks out about 1/4" from the wiring harness - to prevent a short to ground / blown fuse  (DAMHIK).  I  advise putting a piece of plastic sheet or some other non conductive material on the metal surfaces behind the switches.

Haven't figured out the slight bulge in the master switch in the driver's door yet.   One of the regulator bolts is holding out the master harness deal which in turn is pushing  the panel out some.   Might need to grind the bolt head down or replace it with a rivet.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.