News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hard to find parts?

Started by C500, April 24, 2008, 05:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

What have you found to be the hardest parts to find for your Charger?  :shruggy:

What are the most over-priced parts in your opinion (both new and second hand parts, big or small)?  :shruggy:

Keen to know what you guys think, and what year Charger you have. It's getting easier now with so many parts being re-produced, feel free to include parts that weren't being re-popped when you were searching way back when.............

I found the hardest parts to find were park-lamp housings for my 68, now being reproduced.

Most overpriced were clock knobs when I was hunting. Was bidding on several sets on ebay that went for $40+ a while ago. Re-popped now also.

:popcrn:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

rt green

grills and grill chrone on 69's. . always seems higher than it should be. supply and demand i guess. could've built 2 camaros for what i have in the charger
third string oil changer

TeeWJay426

GOOD taillight lenses for a first gen.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Goodz

Fenders and Rear Quarters for a 71.  Almost impossible to find in steel and the prices when you do are insane. 
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

Chatt69chgr

Bendix power brake booster; grill and grill parts; stainless exterior trim for rear window.

JimShine

1968-9 Seat tracks
1968-9 Control arms with sway bar tabs

69bronzeT5

Decent '69 grilles
Good clean '69 tailights
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikesbbody

power bulge hoods for 3rd gens (espicially 71's) dual cut out rear valances. most of the repo stuff is for 68-70's.

Nacho-RT74

In general...GOOD Body panels

them, I'm agree on 1st gen stuff, and some 3rd gen.

2nd gen... we can say is the "easier"
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Ghoste

SFRT

1.  the little black screws for the 2 extra speaker grills on the 3 speaker dash
2. 69 seat tracks
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chad L. Magee

May not be the most expensive, but definately rare and a pain to find: factory turn signal delete plates for the hood of a 1970 Charger.  How many 1970 Chargers have you seen with them?.....

I was lucky to get a nice orginal set of them for my /6 Charger from ebay five years ago......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

dpm68

Quotecould've built 2 camaros for what i have in the charger
I heard that.

hemihead nc

...disc brake master cyl for a 66 B Body, have you even seen one????

Troy

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on April 24, 2008, 08:23:01 PM
May not be the most expensive, but definately rare and a pain to find: factory turn signal delete plates for the hood of a 1970 Charger.  How many 1970 Chargers have you seen with them?.....

I was lucky to get a nice orginal set of them for my /6 Charger from ebay five years ago......
I've had a set for sale in the Classifieds for two months without a single inquiry... :shruggy:

Hardest to find parts for me have been the emblem and switch cover for a 68 dash, good seat belts, and 68 tail lights.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Troy on April 24, 2008, 11:43:25 PM

I've had a set for sale in the Classifieds for two months without a single inquiry... :shruggy:

Hardest to find parts for me have been the emblem and switch cover for a 68 dash, good seat belts, and 68 tail lights.

Troy

I think that is due to the rarity of the delete option on 1970 Chargers that were produced.  Almost every 1970 Charger that I have seen at shows and magazines have the turn signal lights in place.  When I ask other owners about seeing a delete plate, I get a deer in the headlights look as they thought every one came with lights there.  I have even been asked "Why would you not want lights there?".  If I would have not bought my set, I definately would have bought yours, Troy.  I have seen them on earlier 1968-9 Chargers as I have a set for those somewhere in my stash....

I have been lucky on the 1968 Charger taillights as there was a junkyard owner at the local Mopar swapmeet the past few years that usually brings a couple sets each time.  The chrome housing are usually lightly pitted, but can be brought back with a bit of work and chrome polish/rust remover that I use- good enough for a driver or for rechroming for show.  The actual plastic light covers are mint on them, without breaks, and can be brought back to show quality with a little wax polishing.  Since I am moving out of the area this year, I doubt I will make it to the next one in Feb 2009, or I would have looked for a set for you.  If you know someone that can make it to that event, it would be worth having them check out the guy who is usually set up on the far notheast side of the building as he usually is the one with them.  This year, he was asking $25/each side with good inserts, $20 if they were cracked/broken if I remember right......

I did think of another rare, oddball part: a radio delete plate and cover.  I know those are rare on 1966-7 Satellites and Coronets (usually optioned on the hemis for drag racing), but have not heard much about them on later model Chargers.  Could you order them that way in 1968-70?.  If so, it seems I have another Charger type I need to hunt for......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

68 CHARGER R/T

sorry guys to go off topic but what would you guys pay for rear window trim for a sec gen in good condition  :shruggy:

chargerman68

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on July 13, 2008, 11:36:07 PM
sorry guys to go off topic but what would you guys pay for rear window trim for a sec gen in good condition  :shruggy:

100-300 +
driver -show
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

71_deputy

Quote from: Ghoste on April 24, 2008, 07:52:23 PM
C chromes on a first gen.

and chrome top fender turn signal housings!!!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

craigandlynda

hardest to find part? metric threaded muffler bearings...

konigcharger

i'd have to say the drivers aid package/ map light insert for 3rd gens been looking for like 4 years and have only ever seen one 

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Spike

I made a couple sets of these, slow at work and I was trying to see if I could. They came out all right.
Original one is on the bottom.

Spike

Quote from: Ghoste on April 24, 2008, 07:52:23 PM
C chromes on a first gen.

C chrome is made, the rest of the tail light chrome is in the development stage by Metro Parts Company.
Deck lid trim is already available.

hemi68charger

a complete headlamp washer option package for the '71/'72 Chargers equipped with the concealed headlamps..  But, found it.................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection