News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Learned a little about procrastination today

Started by uud looz, April 21, 2008, 07:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uud looz

I bought a new battery for the charger about two weeks ago mainly to replace the interstate battery with a Mopar battery, (for appearance reasons only as I had no problems with the old battery last year.) When I went to take the old one out I noticed that the battery tray was getting rusted and corroded, so I ordered a new tray and put off installing the battery until the new tray came in. So today I finally got the charger out,washed it and decided to take it for a ride. It turned over a little slow but started and I figured it would come back up as I drove it. I went to a sporting goods store and when I came out there were a couple of guys standing there checking out the car, I chatted with them for a few minutes then had to get going. Tried to start the charger and... it turned over a little then...Click...Click...Click. Let me tell you any sense of pride I had from those guys complimenting me on the car was quickly changed to embarrassment.   :brickwall: I ended up calling the wife to have her bring a jump box to get it going again, the whole time knowing that I had a new battery home on the bench just made it worse.   :flame:,  I get home finally and the UPS guy had been there and guess what he dropped off... the new battery tray. :brickwall: So needless to say the new parts are now installed.

derailed

Quote from: uud looz on April 21, 2008, 07:59:34 PM
Let me tell you any sense of pride I had from those guys complimenting me on the car was quickly changed to embarrassment.   :brickwall:
I think that feeling pretty much goes for everyone in this hobby at one point in time. I had a situation like that with my Lemans at an ice cream joint one time. Had the old starter that didnt like the headers for about an hour after you shut the car off.