News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Applying decals

Started by AmadeusCharger500, April 10, 2008, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

How do I do this? I am concernd about them coming out crooked. I bought the stripe kit for the body and hood.

BronzeOnSteelies

I saw a good article in Mopar Muscle Magazine on how to apply stripes. I would say it was approximately Feb or March issue. one of the decals was a side stripe and the other a tail stripe.

I haven't done it myself.
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

NMike

phone the local decal/sign shops and ask for a quote on applying the decals. leave it to someone who can guarantee a perfect job. nothing worse then peeling off the crocked stripes and buying new ones for the third or fourth time.

bill440rt

This topic has been covered NUMEROUS times here, try doing a simple search.  :horse:

I did a thread on this very topic not too long ago installing a bumble bee stripe on my '69. It's really not too hard, there's more prep involved than anything else. Take your time & do not rush. Measure, measure, measure, & measure again. Be sure your surface is smooth & wax/grease free.

Here's a link:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29293.0.html

Good Luck!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

AmadeusCharger500

Well I always take the chance and do things myself, and I am willing to pay the price for the experience. Its not perfect but it came out ok! Getting the bubbles out was a little aggravating and there was an over lap on the rear of the bulge which I thought I could just cut with a razor and peel. Ends up a day later that stuff is stuck like glue so I did a little damage to it. Now on to the sidestripes and my follow up question.

Thanks everyone

AmadeusCharger500

Sorry had to put up another, just happy with it.

bill440rt

Hey, looks GREAT for a first-timer!!!  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

The side stripes should be a piece-o'-cake for you now. Do they go over the roof as well??
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

AmadeusCharger500

Yeah they do!
I'm afraid of the overlap on them!

stevekarlo

I had some small bubbles that just wouldnt seem to come out of my airgrabber hood decal. I was able to solve it by using a very sharp exacto blade. Didn't cut the decal, just made the smallest pinhole with the very tip of the blade (These blades are super sharp when new) The tiny pinhole allowed the air in the bubble to escape as I smoothed over it. And the hole is sooo small that it just dissappears when the decal lays down flat.

Charger-Bodie

If you leave the bubles alone they will come out on their own!

BUT, If you mess with them you will stretch the vinyl and they will be there forever . Just set it in the sun a few days . the warming and cooling will make them go away.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............