News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lost supplier of sand for sandblasting

Started by AmadeusCharger500, April 08, 2008, 12:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I have always bought fine sand in the Quickcrete bags from home depot. This has worked great for me and the small sandblaster I have. Even though the sand is fine I still had to sift it so my gun wouldn't clog.
Any other sand was just too course to run through the gun.

Well now they don't sell it anymore!

Where the heck am I to get my sand?!!

moparstuart

yeah someone told me they are calling to non enviromental friendly  ??? 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

superduperbee

burnt69

Do you have a local cinderblock place? Thats where i get mine.

daytonalo

Yes , A concrete supply house . I but single -o to triple ooo for 4.50 per 100 pound bag , super cheap .

2Gunz

If sand isnt environmentally friendly we have a problem......

Doright

Yep they say it's not freindly to the enviroment!
The EPA is wacko! Thanks BIG Brother!

I only use 120 sand for general blasting from a Brick supply house.
I use Glass and this other red stuff for car parts from Harbor freight its spendy though

I would like to find a supplier of soda though
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

nitrousn

Quote from: 2Gunz on April 09, 2008, 02:39:16 AM

If sand isnt environmentally friendly we have a problem......

The issue is silica sand.

daytonalo

The problem is OSHA !! Silicoses is a lung condition one could get if he doesnt have the proper breathing euip

AmadeusCharger500

So the fine sand is bad for my lungs, and that is why its being pulled off the shelf? Or is there something added that is actually bad for the environment.
If its bad for the environment I will stop using it but for my lungs well, I guess I'll go have a cigarette now.

How do you blast the big parts like suspension pieces or the underside of a hood with glass and such? In a very large cabinet?
Thats why I use sand. I didn't think it would harm anything if I sprayed a bunch of sand in my yard.

The70RT

Silica sand was pulled sometime ago. I don't think they pulled the fine sand because of Silica though. Maybe it is a temporary thing?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

daytonalo

I don't know where you live , but I can buy it all day long !!! PS , Howe Depot is not a supplier for people in the Business ! One more thing , Google abrasives , there is about 100 different type

hotrod98

There are lawyers that have discovered that they can find clients with lung problems and go out and sue the abrasive companies and settle out of court. My neighbor is the vice-president of a major sand and gravel company here and they no longer sell fine #4 sand to the public because of a recent lawsuit. In fact, no one sells it around here.
I never blast unless I'm using my fresh air system. People that use sand, even with just a dust mask, are exposing themselves to major health issues. Personally, I think that people that harm themselves mis-using a product should not have the right to blame others, let alone sue them and profit from it.
Because of all of the morons out there, the guys that need and use these products correctly have to suffer.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams