News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is WRONG with this? LOL

Started by twinscrew698, April 05, 2008, 07:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74-StreetMachine

The first thing I noticed were the round side marker lights.  Second thing, were B F Goodrich radial T/A tires available in '79?  I don't think they were but I'm not sure.  440 Magnum badge on the fender. What year did they start putting 440s in Chargers?
Watch me turn beer into pee for $5.

Death1970Proof

Thats looks like a real nice car....the '68 marker lights are really confusing me though.... :scratchchin:

I believe they did mention about switching out the wheels and tires though...
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

twinscrew698

Yeah thats a lot of money not to list the truth all the way HUH?

mally69

Never seen one with 68 side markers. Well, its probably somones customized affair, unless that is the very last 67 charger that got the new 68 side markers, highly doubtfull on that.

resq302

thought the biggest factory engine put in a 66-67 charger was the 383 4 bbl. :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

UFO

The 440 magnum was added to the line-up in 67.
Page is out of the sales brochure.

nh_mopar_fan

Interesting. This is my car which was a one-owner car when I got it. The original owner added the 68 side markers at some point. I never thought I'd see another. I wonder if there was a dealer out there that was making a habit of doing this? My car was a Texas car.

FastbackJon

Nice white '67 but he doesn't list the VIN. Can't tell if it is a real one or not.

Here's another '67 with '68 marker lights.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

chargerboy69

I did not know you could get a buddy seat up front either in 67.  :shruggy: I thought the console was the only option.

After posting this I did learn you can get a buddy seat.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

sick dawg

The 68 marker lights on a 67 is something I've seen more than once. There are about five 67's in my area that show up at all the local events and two of them have 68 marker lights on them.  I always thought the owner did it, but now that I'm starting to see pictures of more and more of them I'm starting to wonder about it.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: resq302 on April 05, 2008, 09:16:40 AM
thought the biggest factory engine put in a 66-67 charger was the 383 4 bbl. :shruggy:

66 got 318A, 361B, 383B and then jumps to 426 Hemi

67 got the new 318LA, 383B, 440RB and then Hemi.

I think 68 sidemarker is a nice ad on those!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Kevin68N71

I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut (geez I sound like my dad) that those side marker lights were a change in rolling production in the latter part of the 1967 production year.  Then they naturally carried over to the 1968s.  It would be interesting to compare build dates on those with the round side marker lights with those that don't have them.  Bet they are all later build dates.

The chances that owners were changing or adding side marker lights as a popular thing to do is slim to none.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

TK73

Woman at work has a '67 Town and Country with side markers, confused the hell out of me.  Apparently people would have them put on... also heard that you could get the round markers to put on that were just reflectors...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

440fan

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on April 06, 2008, 11:55:05 PM
I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut (geez I sound like my dad) that those side marker lights were a change in rolling production in the latter part of the 1967 production year.  Then they naturally carried over to the 1968s.  It would be interesting to compare build dates on those with the round side marker lights with those that don't have them.  Bet they are all later build dates.

The chances that owners were changing or adding side marker lights as a popular thing to do is slim to none.

VERY common for Dodge to do this at the end of a model year. Just curious on what you guys think this car may be worth? Have not seen a lot of 67 chargers with a 440  around by me.

70 Charger RT

Quote"What's wrong with this?"
Did you notice the Canadian flag hanging from the ceiling?  Car location says Florida.  Could it be a snowbird dealership in Florida?
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

FastbackJon

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on April 06, 2008, 11:55:05 PM

Good theory, but it is just that. The 1966/67 Charger Registry has pictures of '67 Chargers ordered by sequential VIN. Just scroll down the list, lots of later built '67 Chargers with no marker lights. Scrolling backwards you don't even see one with marker lights till you get to Marc's dark blue '67 that I posted above, which was built about 78% of the way though the year, and he's the original owner and put those on.

Entire list:
http://www.firstgenregistry.com/list/?year=67

Or start at the last car with a side picture (built July 11th, 1967) and use the back arrow to look through them.
http://www.firstgenregistry.com/list/indv.php?year=67&pic=9810802

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Magnumcharger

In a junkyard, somewhere in California.
I'd love to get these quarters for my brothers '66 Charger. Obviously, there would be these two holes to patch first.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mally69

Probably a late option maybe. Interesting.

Ghoste

Not a late option.  It was not uncommon for owners of 66 and 67 Mopars to add the 68 style marker lights to their cars.  They were attractive and being round, they were easily added to any car without messing up the body lines.

Pistolpete

no matter how you slice it thats a great looking 1st Gen. Gotta admit they've really been growing on me lately :thumbs:
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Kevin68N71

Oh look out, those 1st gens WILL grow on you.

Years back I was hot on them...that folding rear seat and armrest---there was one for like $1000 but it had the 361, and I wondered about that engine. 

It is a neat car, and every bit mid-60s.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

Dave22443

Several years ago, I restored a '66 Mustang for my wife.  For safety at night, I rewired the parking lights to be on with the headlights and added the round '68 Mopar side marker lights.  I wish I had a picture to show you, but I thought they looked pretty good.  When I sold the car a few years later, the new owner was pretty impressed with them as well.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on April 09, 2008, 08:59:18 PM
Not a late option.  It was not uncommon for owners of 66 and 67 Mopars to add the 68 style marker lights to their cars.  They were attractive and being round, they were easily added to any car without messing up the body lines.
:iagree: As an example, this Daytona's original owner seemed to really like the round '68 lights too. ::)

Here's a local Cramaro I found one day...squint & you'll make out some side markers on the back that the car wasn't born with. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)