News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Word of mouth is a beautiful thing. Made a new friend.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 03, 2008, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

A person I know who has several Chargers, gave me a number of a guy that has worked on her 70.  I found where he works and it's only 5 minutes from where I work.  Cool.  I stopped by and introduced myself.  Seems he's been a huge Charger Mopar guy for decades.  He's got tons of parts for 68 to 70 Chargers and asked what I needed?   Anyway, I'm going over his house in a few weeks and I'll come back with pictures.  The pictures listed here are from the garage he works at.  He has 2 mint 68 Chargers and the 69 is all original including the paint and black on the hood.  That's a plus in this hobby, lots of nice new people to meet.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Kewl!  I see he has the V21 but only partially? :scratchchin:
It should cover the cowl as well....

PS---its painted on with Organasol black, not a decal
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 03, 2008, 07:01:29 PM
Kewl!  I see he has the V21 but only partially? :scratchchin:
It should cover the cowl as well....

PS---its painted on with Organasol black, not a decal
Well, if it's 100% original.  Maybe not?  :shruggy:

PS---Decal wording corrected.  Thanks. 

O.K I gave the guy a call.  He has owned it for the last 25 years.  He bought if from, and still knows the original owner.  The cowl is the same original blue as far as he knows.  There are small touch up areas like in back of the 1/4's etc... but thats it.  He went to look at the fender tag and said there is another small tag attached to it.  I told him from what I have read on the site that tag was for the inspectors to tear off, and  LEAVE IT ALONE.  When I go up in a few weeks I'll take detail pictures of the engine compartment as it is an A/C car and all original also as the whole interior.  This will be great for reference shots.
(Up date).  He'll check to see if it has V21 on the tag and let me know tomorrow.  If not, Oh well, someone painted it themselves 40 years ago.  Hey, it happens.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikesbbody

It always pays to talk to people thats for sure! sometimes a lead goes nowhere other times you meet someone who ends up being a good friend, and that person may be in a postion to help you out (in this case parts for your charger)  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mikesbbody on April 03, 2008, 07:25:38 PM
It always pays to talk to people thats for sure! sometimes a lead goes nowhere other times you meet someone who ends up being a good friend, and that person may be in a postion to help you out (in this case parts for your charger)  :2thumbs:
Hey it's Mike!  Yea I got my "402" oil pan with windage tray from him.  One less thing to hear " that's not correct" about. :icon_smile_wink:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Rob, this is an unrestored, original paint factory V2 Hemi orange car with the V21 hood treatment option.....use this one as a guide....also like you stated check the tag! ;)

Also interesting to note is the rear marker light appears to be body color :scratchchin:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

:o   WOW a WOWEE!   Thanks Chris. Dang thats rare.

Ummm? body color rear marker?   Oh, boy.  I'm getting a bad feeling about this.  We'll see.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 03, 2008, 07:37:38 PM
:o   WOW a WOWEE!   Thanks Chris. Dang thats rare.

White interior as well.... :thumbs:

for your V21 viewing pleasure a "restored to the tag" V2 RT/SE with the V21

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Tilar

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 03, 2008, 07:35:43 PM
Also interesting to note is the rear marker light appears to be body color :scratchchin:

It's probably just the sun shining on the red lense that makes it seem to blend in.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Tilar on April 03, 2008, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 03, 2008, 07:35:43 PM

It's probably just the sun shining on the red lens that makes it seem to blend in.
Nope, Chris did a good job of checking the picture out.  I talked to him today.  It is a 49,000 2nd owner car.  But.....   It is an XP  383 A/C car not R/T with V21 option as I had originally thought.  He said there is a tag attached to the fender tag that say A1 in a circle stamp and would like to know what IT means?  Inspector stamp, correct?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Its probably an assy line tear off tag....made of aluminum, the various stages of the assy line would tear off their appropriate sectiona of the tag....some made it out with some of these tags in place....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Intersting photo's of the restored RT/SE with the V21 Chris. Noticed it has the turn down exhaust tips? N95 car as well?

Gotta love how it looks with the luggage rack, and the rocker moldings though. SHARP. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

i was just thinking about your other thread.. i guess the knife cuts both ways eh,..
somewhere in the bible it says something to the effect of live by the sword, die by the sword...
eh, what ya' gonna do?..  :shruggy:

69_500

Wow how times flies. I just was glancing over at the side of the screen and noticed that not only has Rob went over 1,000 post, Brock is rapidly approaching 10,000 of his own. Man oh man.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on April 04, 2008, 07:28:19 PM
Wow how times flies. I just was glancing over at the side of the screen and noticed that not only has Rob went over 1,000 post, Brock is rapidly approaching 10,000 of his own. Man oh man.
Reminds me of when people comment on our children with " wow they are getting so big"  and the only thing I think is. That means I'm just getting older.  ::)

Brock Samson