News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbie here :) Hello from Detroit

Started by 69*F5*SE, April 03, 2008, 02:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69*F5*SE

Hi to all. After lurking for several months and reading an abundance of great info I've finally decided to register. My name is Ted and I live in the Metro Detroit area.  Yep, Motown.  Where a lot of these gems we love so much were built.  I've got a 69 Charger SE that's in during resto condition as of now and is on hold till I can find more time and money to further its rebuild.  So, I guess you'll be seeing me around from now on here and there.  Hope I can be of some usefulness to someone elses needs.  I'll have to figure out how to come up with an avatar etc.. Thanks.   :2thumbs:

FLG

PocketThunder

Ummmm you've been reading here for months now and you dont know about our picture addiction!  Pics man!   :scope:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

gj69charger

Welcome. Where in Metro Detroit? Not many Chargers on my side of town.

bull

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 03, 2008, 02:23:27 PM
Ummmm you've been reading here for months now and you dont know about our picture addiction!  Pics man!   :scope:
:iamwithstupid:

runningman

69*F5*SE

I hope this works. I'm knew at this  :shruggy:

69*F5*SE

Hey the pic worked!!   For you local guys, I'm stuck here in good ole  :hah: Roseville, MI. 

PocketThunder

Damn dude your car looks like its comming along nicely!  Did you have a lot of metal work to do?   :hack: :smash:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

superduperbee

Welcome ! I'm from Warren. Mine's on page 69 of Post Up

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

Welcome aboard, good lookin' project you've got there. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

69*F5*SE

Sadly enough, the picture makes things look better than they really are at this point.  The quarterpanels are in rough shape and need replacing due to the schmuck that I gave a bunch of money to in order of repairing them.  He mangled the quarters with crappy welding skills and poor patch jobs.  He loaded them up with mud (filler) in order to pass them off as fixed. I mean about a half inch of filler on the lower halves behind the wheelwells.  If things work out, I'll just do the work (re-work) myself.  In the pic the whole front end is blasted to bare metal and is still bare metal till this day.  It's coated with Picklex 20.  This was done a few years ago.  The Picklex 20 kept most of the metal rust free for about 3 years now. That sh*t works great! It's expensive but is worth every penny.  Anyhoo, it's at a standstill right now until I can get to working on it. Hopefully this summer I can get something done.  I ripped out the trunk in order to replace it.  What a job that was.  So The car isn't as far as it looks in the pic. 

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikesbbody

welcome ted  :cheers: stick around, this is a great place The aftermarket is getting quite good when it comes to 2nd gen chargers perhaps that could be something to think about re: your quarters?

runningman

I am fairly close, if you need anything let me know!  Matt

69chargerboy

Welcome! You hit the motherload of Dodge Charger knowledge! This is the best place to be.  :2thumbs: :cheers:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

69*F5*SE

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the welcomes I've received.   

Spike

Just north of Detroit here  :wave: Welcome.

0X01B8

Welcome.   :wave:  I'm in Lansing, BTW.

280bb0

Welcome  Im in New Baltimore working on a 72

hemi-hampton

I live in Warren. If you need any work done or help or advise or paint job let me know, I own a Mopar Restoration Business near Roseville, Michigan. Visit me anytime at 9 1/2 mile road & Gratiot (a.k.a Stephens road 1/2 mile east of Gratiot at Clovers Collision. LEON.