News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone have any of these matchbox cars?

Started by Drache, April 02, 2008, 01:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Shakey

I probably smashed a bunch of those with a hammer when I was a kid.   :yesnod:

LeeBoy

Yep, I've got the red big banger charger and a red challenger like the blue one pictured.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

bordin34

I've got a yellow and a blue Challenger like that one.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Chad L. Magee

I have a couple of the Chargers (red, white, blue) that were well used and another two still new in the original cardboard boxes (only opened the end enought to see the car type).......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

TruckDriver

I used to have one of those Challengers new in the box yet, that I just sold this past fall. But it was red with a white top.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 02, 2008, 05:10:26 PM
I used to have one of those Challengers new in the box yet, that I just sold this past fall. But it was red with a white top.

That's the one I still have, & with the box too.

The Chargers looked like cartoons to me so I never bothered with them.

I actually bought a new pair of Hot Wheels today, one for me & one for my daughter. Both are red '69 Super Bees with six pak hoods & black tail stripes. Other than the black grille & bumper, they look nice. She hasn't been opening the packages ever since she asked me why I haven't opened mine.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ramit

I have got the challenger also but it is the red one with a white top.  I have never seen those other colors.

HITMAN 149

ohhhhh boy i'm afraid to ask?? why?? are they worth like a million dollars now?!?!? i have 2 of them... but my childhood apparently got the best of me back then!!! i still have alllll of my orig matchbox's from when i was a kid.. even all the beat up repainted 1/2 apart crash cars!! lol
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

HITMAN 149

here's all my orig one's from when i was a kid.... i have all the newer one's that i buy upstairs, in a big old trunk. i usually only pick up the muscle cars now.. not all the funky lookin one's.
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Brock Samson

i'd really like to see an original Hot Wheels charger if anyone has one from back in the day... i remember a purple one i had at age 12 that looks alot like mine does now... minus the hood scoop...

C_stripes

Quote from: Shakey on April 02, 2008, 01:41:52 PM

LOL,  You too huh? :icon_smile_big:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

HITMAN 149

and the rest... are they worth anything?!?!?!? anybody know??? i haven't even checked????
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Chad L. Magee

I forgot to mention the two other Charger related Matchbox cars that I have, both from the late 1960s and still new in boxes:

small size Charger I concept car and King Size (about twice the regular size) 1968 Charger in blue.  The larger one had an original price of $1.29 back then........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on April 04, 2008, 10:03:49 PM
The larger one had an original price of $1.29 back then........

I used to get a buck a week for doing chores.  My Mom & aunt would take my cousin & I to the store every Saturday morning so we could spend our allowances.  I'm thinking they were .99 cents back then.  I didn't mess with Matchbox, only Hot Wheels.  I traded off any that had paint chipped. I kept them all wrapped in tissue so they're all in nice shape. 
All the Hot Wheels and baseball cards are somewhere in my attic.   :eek2:

derailed

hitman, your collection made me feel like I was in a timewarp, I still have mine up in my mothers attic somewhere.

mikesbbody

Quote from: C_stripes on April 04, 2008, 07:13:10 PM
Quote from: Shakey on April 02, 2008, 01:41:52 PM

LOL,  You too huh? :icon_smile_big:
at least im not the only one here that use to do that  :lol:

terrible one

. . . and my parents thought I was crazy for "crashing" my toy cars with a hammer! Glad to see everyone else loves destruction too!

JimShine

My poor parents bought me 2 or 3 dozen General Lees. I would hit them with rocks, then hammers, and finally as I got older I got crafty with the Dremel tool and I would cut them apart at the appropriate seams.

Chris G.

Hitman has a pretty close comparison to what my car cases look like. Lots of odd ball stuff that I bought as a kid. Nothing worth anything to the next guy though.

Anyway, here's my scrap yard of the cars mentioned.

troy.70R/T

Anybody ever seen one of these? the grill looks like a 70 Challenger and so does the rear end. but the side view looks more like a 71 Charger (notice the louvers in the rear quarter window) it has a 1970 Mattel date on the bottom. Is is also a Hotwheels. Just wondering cause I picked it up at an antique mall last weekend for $2.00

chargerboy69

Wow this is a old thread with a few people who have not been on here for a long, long time.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

troy.70R/T

well it was just the first match box thread I came across so I thought I would post. 

Old Moparz

Quote from: troy.70R/T on March 22, 2012, 08:32:20 PM
well it was just the first match box thread I came across so I thought I would post.  

That's cool, it'll give me a chance to post photos of a purple Charger that Brock asked for all those years ago.   :smilielol:

You can't see it too clearly, but yes, it has a HEMI.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bill440rt

Quote from: troy.70R/T on March 22, 2012, 08:05:37 PM
Anybody ever seen one of these? the grill looks like a 70 Challenger and so does the rear end. but the side view looks more like a 71 Charger (notice the louvers in the rear quarter window) it has a 1970 Mattel date on the bottom. Is is also a Hotwheels. Just wondering cause I picked it up at an antique mall last weekend for $2.00

The Dixie Challenger HW is a spin off of the ol' Rodger Dodger. Basically the same without the engine sticking thru the hood.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce