News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hood pops up in the corner

Started by chargerscott, April 02, 2008, 10:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerscott

my hood pops up in the back/passenger side corner. what do you think the problem is?

if i bought a fiberglass hood will i have to change the hinges?

1969chargerrtse

I See that now and then and just push it down.  Maybe you can lower the hinge via the mount bolts?  Otherwise, worn mechanism?   I think the problem with the fiberglass hood is that on the AAR Cudas and TA Challengers the hood hinge was always try to push the hood up and then the hoods would have a curve in them.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

MichaelRW

Sounds like you may have a bad/bent hinge(s).
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

FLG

Yea sounds like a bad/bent hinge. You can try to lower the hinge a bit by loosening the bolts...but sometimes that only makes things worse. If its only up by a bit..just push it down until you get new hinges.

yeahitsgotahemi!

Fiberglass hoods require low tension springs. Using the steel hood spring would pop the hood up in the middle. I would use a prop rod instead of springs.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

Nacho-RT74

not bent hinges... hinges need to be rebuilt. elongated holes at rivets attachents  makes that. Bigger rivets or bushings will fix.

( don't ask me how I know that  ::)... I still need to fix mines, both sides. more the driver side )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemihead

If you go with a glass hood , use the T/A or AAR Hood Springs .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin