News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RH Mirror position.

Started by Sixtyeight, April 01, 2008, 02:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixtyeight

Hi,

Due to circumstances I need to mount a RH mirror on my '68 Charger. Yeaa I know.

I found one on ebay. Here's the question; how to determine the correct position to drill the neccessairy holes?  :-\

Thanks

Jeroen.

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

Back N Black

Pull off the driver mirror and take the measurements from there.  :2thumbs:

Shakey

I have seen this come up in the past so when I disected a pair of doors I thought I should take some photos of where the mirror mounts.  Now, keep in mind this is the driver's side door and I am not 100 % sure if the mirror on the passenger side goes in the exact same spot but if I was to take a guess my answer would be "why not".

Hope these help.

gj69charger

I just copied the measurements from the driver's side.

Sixtyeight

Do you have a good sight to the back with that angle?

Jeroen

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

gj69charger

It's not bad. I can see anything coming up on my right side and good enough to back up. I needed it because I can't see anything out the back window with the roll cage.

HITMAN 149

jeroen..
sweeeeeeet car you put together there by the way!!!!  :2thumbs: always wanted to tell you a hell of a job!!!!!!!!! i'm jealous!! lol
i'd ask keepat, i know he has a pass mirror on his, i have one, just didn't put it on yet, not till after body work is all done.
take care!!!
-john
:2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

kab69440

Quote from: Shakey on April 02, 2008, 07:42:39 AM

I have seen this come up in the past so when I disected a pair of doors I thought I should take some photos of where the mirror mounts.  Now, keep in mind this is the driver's side door and I am not 100 % sure if the mirror on the passenger side goes in the exact same spot but if I was to take a guess my answer would be "why not".

Hope these help.
`

That's an interesting pic, Shakey... On my '69 driver's door, the front of the mirror gasket is 21.5 inches from the farthest forward point of the door. On your door, that measurement is nearly in the center of the mirror pedestal. On another '69 door I have in the basement, the front of the gasket sits 20 3/16 inches from the farthest forward point of the door. Wonder what's up with that?  Are we to assume that  mirror mounting was something less than an exact science? Anyone else care to take a measurement on their factory remote mirrors for comparison?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

69chargerboy

Hi Jeroen, I agree with HITMAN 149. You may want to give Keepat an email, he's a cool guy,  he's done it before.  :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,32417.0.html
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup