News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dying seatbelts

Started by six-tee-nine, April 01, 2008, 01:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

I need seatbelts for my 69...
Red ones....

So scanning the Bay.........difficult to find.....off course, what else.

Black ones come around from time to time, but are these easy to dye in red or will black be to dark to brighten up?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Chatt69chgr

Someone on the forum may have tried this and, if so, hopefully will provide first hand experience. 

Otherwise, Rit dye is cheap.  Check out their website for recommendations on dyeing from one color to another.  Sometimes you mix differenct colors of their powdered dyes.  Depends on what you are going from and to.  Then go to the junkyard and get some seatbelts to play with.  Do some experiments and see what works.  Then report back as to what the results were.  Don't forget that you MUST follow the Rit instructions.  Rit dye is an analine dye.  It will not work properly until you get the water temperature up to around 180 degrees F.

As an alternative, isn't someone repoping these now?  Like Peter Gee or his USA rep BEA?  Or were they just talking about doing it?