News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does gravity bleeding actually work?

Started by StockMan, March 24, 2008, 05:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StockMan

I've never heard of gravity bleeding brakes, does it work well.  I would be concerned about spots that might hold onto a bit of air.  Does one still need to bleed the master cylinder manually?

Thanks

Steve P.

Yes.. When ever you change your master you should alllllllllllways bench bleed it. It can be done on the car, but you stand a BIG chance of spraying brake fluid on your paint and your paint will not like it..

Gravity bleeding works well. As long as you keep a good level in the master you will not suck air into the system.

Good luck...........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

StockMan

Sounds good, I'm going to give it a try.  If I'm careful with bleeding the master cylinder I should be ok, I hope.  What I'll do is put a light cloth over the res before I begin.  I found out after I had it installed that bench bleeding was the way to go.  I've got fresh paint to. 

Thanks.