News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody installed a woodgrain dash?

Started by chargermick, March 22, 2008, 09:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I just bought the woodgrain dash kit for my '69, I wrongly assumed that it would take the place of my existing dash pieces. It goes over the originals. I see "knockouts" in the original pieces that line up with the tabs on the new pieces. It doesn't look like too tough of a job, but if anyone has done this already, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Brock Samson

now big whoop,.. it just sticks on, i replaced mine some years ago and found the radio face plate middle section dosent hold to the conture of the indentation and looks like crap...  if you carefully trim around the inside edge (assuming you have a real SE woodgrain facia underneath) it may blend in,.. if the color difference ain't too bad,..
there are other threads about this probably in the interior section.. you could do a search with "Woodgrain" or "Wood Grain" SE Facia and other such key words...
there are new replacment facia panels out for both the '69 and '70 color styles that are perfect, but really pricey...  :eek2:

I finally replaced my entire dash pods with new/used S.E. parts i bought at a Mopar show,.. last yr.. cost a pretty penny... but sure looks a heck of a lot better...
I'll try and post some links to the earlier threads...

good luck