News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 charger 4-speed console

Started by brothacharger, March 21, 2008, 07:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brothacharger

im about to put my console together and im lost!. ive never seen a 4-speed console. i have hardware- top plate, door, lights- im about to get my side trim and the console shell itself.im confused about the console carpet and 4-speed console cover if and one has some advice or pics anything would help  ive restored auto consoles but  ive never seen a 4-speed.   THANKS

Ghoste

I'm sure there are some pics on here someplace of the two consoles but I can't for the life of me recall what the thread was.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

What is that hump made out of? Looks like wood in that shot. Are they reproduced? And what's that forward hole for? Questions, questions. :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on March 26, 2008, 03:27:02 PM
What is that hump made out of? Looks like wood in that shot. Are they reproduced? And what's that forward hole for? Questions, questions. :shruggy:
They repro the humps in fiberglass and metal.  I think like 200.00 for stamped steel and 70.00 ish for fiberglass.  I thought they get welded to the floor hole area, but doesn't look that way in the pictures.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Troy

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 26, 2008, 05:57:02 PM
They repro the humps in fiberglass and metal.  I think like 200.00 for stamped steel and 70.00 ish for fiberglass.  I thought they get welded to the floor hole area, but doesn't look that way in the pictures.
You're thinking of the part that gets welded to the floor pan to cover the giant hole that gets cut for the shifter. This piece covers that one. The 4-speed consoles have a chunk missing to clear the floor as well. This particular cover is made of some sort of pressed fiberboard. The reproduction part is plastic but I've never held one so I don't know how thick is is. I never really paid attention to the forward holes (there's a matching one in the console body) so I don't know what to say about that. If you need more pictures ask quick because this thing is shipping out next week.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Troy on March 27, 2008, 03:22:02 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 26, 2008, 05:57:02 PM
You're thinking of the part that gets welded to the floor pan to cover the giant hole that gets cut for the shifter. This piece covers that one. The 4-speed consoles have a chunk missing to clear the floor as well. This particular cover is made of some sort of pressed fiberboard. The reproduction part is plastic but I've never held one so I don't know how thick is is. I never really paid attention to the forward holes (there's a matching one in the console body) so I don't know what to say about that. If you need more pictures ask quick because this thing is shipping out next week.

Troy

I guess the only other questions or pics request I'd have is how it's attached. Am I seeing rivits? And who sells the repop version?

bull

Looks like Tony's Parts has them. Anyone else you know of?

http://tonysparts.com

694spdRT

The forward hole in the hump is so you can get access to fasten down the console. There is a screw that goes into the slot in the console and secures to the mount welded on the top of the floor tunnel.

From memory the repo is approximately 1/8" thick.

I bought mine with a bunch of other stuff from Legendary Auto.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi