News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lokar throttle cable!

Started by 69charger440, March 21, 2008, 10:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger440

What lokar throttle cable will work best with my 69 charger 440! I have the kickdown setep! But my throttle cable broke, so I want to put a lokar on to replace it!!! If you have a part number that would be great!!!

:popcrn:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

Ghoste

I have a Lokar throttle cable on my car but I don't recall a specific part number.  Likely the speed shop where I bought it just used a Mopar specified one.  Did you check their website?

http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/tc_kd.htm

I don't see a Mopar sepcific one there, just a couple of different cut to fit ones.

firefighter3931

The 24in cable will work fine in almost all applications unless the intake manifold is really tall. Lokar lists a 24in cable in black and stainless on their website linked above by Ghoste.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

I really can't recall the length that mine was but 24 sounds about right.  That's on top of a Holley Street Dom and a one inch spacer.

69charger440

I used the 24 in. It seems that I have a heavy gas pedal! I am also using the Lokar kickdown setup. It feels like it is binding up. But I cant seem to find it!!! I see that the 24 in is a little long. Maybe that where my problem is!!

Ghoste

Could be.  Make sure that any curves in the cables are as gentle as you can make them.  What are you using for return springs?

69charger440

I bought a return spring from the local auto parts store. Maybe I should get a heavier one!!!

firefighter3931

Make sure the throttle blades aren't hanging up on the base gasket (common problem) or that the throttle shafts aren't sticky.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69charger440

Will take a look at that. Thanks  Firefighter