News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoParMetal

Ouch man. My uncle told me to look at my car as a "buisness venture" and told me I should sell it and buy a reliable newer daily driver. :icon_smile_blackeye:

He'll eat his words when I'm done.
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

71gtx

kid is that charger me no is 71 plymouth gtx kid was a plymouth   :rotz:

Joshs68

someone posted a comment on my youtube clip that a 318 sounds mean with glasspacks, and asked it I had enough power to turn those tires, then he said 318's rule.
I called him a moron
check it out on youtube under Joshs68.

tan top

Quote from: FastbackJon on March 18, 2008, 04:14:43 PM
A guy told me after seeing my '67 Charger that his uncle bought one just like it brand new, except that it was a '69 and also a convertible.    :shruggy:
                      :scratchchin: :smilielol: easy mistake to make i guess :smilielol:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

six-tee-nine

Quote from: mxzx440 on March 20, 2008, 12:50:41 PM
Quote from: kylem4711 on March 18, 2008, 07:18:54 PM
Quote from: mxzx440 on March 18, 2008, 02:51:39 PM
I over heard a couple of kids in a parking lot talking about my car and the first one says "Hey look, it's the car from the Fast and Furious."   :down:

uhh, a charger is in the fast and the furious.  may have not been the right year,  but only charger lovers know the correct years.

take it as a complement man

I forgot to add the word GAY to my original post.. "Hey look, it's that gay car from the Fast and Furious"  as they are standing by their non-gay crx.
Otherwise I would have taken it somewhat as a compliment.

Oh yeah?

I would invited him for a ride in my GAY charger, but after 2 blocks I wonder how gay he would look with his pants full of crap.....That would be that.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

charger_mike75

Oh yeah I almost forgot another common one I hear,

Someone asks what kind of engine I have in it and I tell them it's got a 383, they then ask why I have a chevy motor in it. ::)

72chargerSE

Quote from: Khyron on March 20, 2008, 11:33:54 AM
Well, I wasn't going to post in here, but I have one.

I was at Pep Boys (Local car place) and was looking for an intake manifold for the Charger. When they asked what engine size I responded 440.

Pep Boys for a intake manifold?

modmidget

A gal I work with told me I didn't care about the environment because my car doesn't have any smog control devices.  Then she went on to tell me I should take the car to an auto wrecker and have it crushed.   :RantExplode:

Brightyellow69rtse

its our american right to pollute the planet with our cars, ill let idle till it runs out of gas with open headerers if i want to.   thats what i tell tree huggers when they wine about pollution.........Mike

kylem4711

Quote from: Brightyellow69rtse on March 21, 2008, 04:38:16 PM
its our american right to pollute the planet with our cars, ill let idle till it runs out of gas with open headerers if i want to.   thats what i tell tree huggers when they wine about pollution.........Mike

well you sure did sould like an idiot there...
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

hemihead

Quote from: rav440 on March 20, 2008, 07:27:02 PM
right after i got the runner in 01 i called an exhaust shop for a quote i told them i have a 1973 PLYMOUTH road runner and id like a price on an exhaust system . so they gave me a price and said i could bring it up to the shop coz they wernt to busy .
so i drive up there goe in the offce tell them im the guy that just called . "  you the guy with  the 73 CHARGER " .... no it a 73 road runner " oh yeah thats right "
so i leave them the key they tell me it will be a few hours and they will call when its done .
a few hours goes by i get a phone call  " the exhaut is done you can come pic up your CHARGER "
i go up and go to pay the guy that did the work on the exhaust tells me " man , that is one clean CHARGER " him i let slide because of the fact he was under the car doing all the work and couldnt see it had road runner and PLYMOUTH plastered all over it .  :rotz:

i get the question [ mainly from MOPAR guys in condesending tone ]
" why do you GTX badges on a road runner ? you know they are two diffent models dont you ? "  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :brickwall:

my friend and i had to deal with a real dip$h!t i had the runner and my friend had his 68 R/T CGHARGER , this goof walks up and asks if we know where he can find a 68 CHARGER with out a motor , we told him we wernt aware of any for sale , he proceeds to tell us he has a 429 and wants to put it a CHARGER , so i say you mean a 426 " no i have a 429 ford " i ask  him why not get a TORINO and put the 429 in it ? " coszzz i like CHARGERS " i just got up and walked away . way to much stupid for me to deal with  :brickwall: :brickwall:
If you have Mopar guys making that comment about the GTX badging , they aren't really Mopar guys .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Mike DC

Tell the enviro-wackys that restoring an old car is recycling.
It takes a ton of environmental damage to construct each replacement modern car.

And how many modern disposable cars aren't built if you drive the same musclecars for several decades? 

And old cars are made of more steel, which is ultimately a lot more biodegradable than plastic materials.

Brock Samson

Any folks that complain that our cars are polluters can go take a flyin... &%!  :yesnod:

i was out cruizin the road runner today and not an hour ago a woman parking her car along side me at a light said "Nice Challenger! I haven't seen one of those in ages"...
  should i give her a pass even though she was staring right at the road runner decal on the quarter panel?..

and if she gets a pass, do i have to then go post his on the "other" thread?..

71ChallengeHer

Another stupid comment. I have gotten this one too many times " Does your old man know you have his car out? "  :slap:

C_stripes

Quote from: hemihead on March 21, 2008, 05:40:46 PM

my friend and i had to deal with a real dip$h!t i had the runner and my friend had his 68 R/T charger , this goof walks up and asks if we know where he can find a 68 CHARGER with out a motor , we told him we wernt aware of any for sale , he proceeds to tell us he has a 429 and wants to put it a CHARGER , so i say you mean a 426 " no i have a 429 ford " i ask  him why not get a TORINO and put the 429 in it ? " coszzz i like CHARGERS " i just got up and walked away . way to much stupid for me to deal with  :brickwall: :brickwall:
If you have Mopar guys making that comment about the GTX badging , they aren't really Mopar guys .

I heard from a very reliable source about a 68 charger R/T around Challis ID that has a ford 351 in it.  He said he talked to the guy that owns it and the guy said he allways wanted a charger but when he found one. There was no engine or trans in it. He then proceded to go on about how he has a few fords so he pulled the engine and trans out of one of them and threw it in the charger.  :'(
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Death1970Proof

Quote from: C_stripes on March 22, 2008, 10:11:29 AM
Quote from: hemihead on March 21, 2008, 05:40:46 PM

my friend and i had to deal with a real dip$h!t i had the runner and my friend had his 68 R/T charger , this goof walks up and asks if we know where he can find a 68 CHARGER with out a motor , we told him we wernt aware of any for sale , he proceeds to tell us he has a 429 and wants to put it a CHARGER , so i say you mean a 426 " no i have a 429 ford " i ask  him why not get a TORINO and put the 429 in it ? " coszzz i like CHARGERS " i just got up and walked away . way to much stupid for me to deal with  :brickwall: :brickwall:

I heard from a very reliable source about a 68 charger R/T around Challis ID that has a ford 351 in it.  He said he talked to the guy that owns it and the guy said he allways wanted a charger but when he found one. There was no engine or trans in it. He then proceded to go on about how he has a few fords so he pulled the engine and trans out of one of them and threw it in the charger.  :'(

My ears....oh my god they are bleeding!!!!!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

squeakfinder

It was probably easier to put the 351 in a Charger than a mustang. :smilielol:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

ACUDANUT

A "friend" of mine told me "Nice Charger".... My brother bought one new in 1970 with a 440 and it had twin 4 barrels on it.  I told him only Hemi's had 2- 4 barrels on them, and he called me a idiot.
**also..why don't you put Hemi-heads on that 440. It will run better.  I told him I was saving those for my slant 6.

charger490

one more
I bought a new 68 charger 4sp HEMI  and they did not put much gas in so i had to stop to get some. the 17 year old came out to fill it up and i told him i would do it  as i dont want gas spilled all over the car.i told him to check the oil. when he opened the hood he said whats   an old man like you drving a car like this. i was 36. i said i will show you why in a  in a sec. when i left i left 2 black marks down the street.

C_stripes

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 22, 2008, 12:02:37 PM
A "friend" of mine told me nice Charger.... My brother bought one new in 1970 with a 440 and it had twin 4 barrels on it.  I told him only Hemi's had 2- 4 barrels on them, and he called me a idiot.
**also..why don't you put Hemi-heads on that 440. It will run better.  I told him I was saving those for my slant 6.

I have heard of dealer installed duel 4 set ups on 440's.  One of my friends has an intake and carbs. The intake has a pentastar on it also.  I'll see if I can get pics.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

ACUDANUT

What is C-spripes ?  Hey if you give me your e-mail. I will send you a picture of my 73 Ramcharger.  I tried to post them here, but this dumb set up we have tells me the file is too large.. I never have a problem posting pictures except here in our web-site. Moderators...Are you listening ??

CB

Quote from: charger490 on March 22, 2008, 05:05:42 PM
one more
I bought a new 68 charger 4sp HEMI  and they did not put much gas in so i had to stop to get some. the 17 year old came out to fill it up and i told him i would do it  as i dont want gas spilled all over the car.i told him to check the oil. when he opened the hood he said whats   an old man like you drving a car like this. i was 36. i said i will show you why in a  in a sec. when i left i left 2 black marks down the street.

:2thumbs:  :lol:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

MichaelRW

This one is hot off the press. Yesterday I've got the garage doors open since I'm rinsing down the race deck flooring. The Charger is sitting in the middle of the driveway. An old beater Honda CRV pulls up (no hood on it). A guy and girl get out of the Honda. The girl hangs by the Honda while the guy walks towards the Charger. I start to walk towards the Charger too to keep a close eye on the guy. The guy says "Hi, I'm David." I say hi back to him. He starts gushing about the car, how beautiful it is, etc. Then he says "does it have a 350?" No, it's a 440. "Wow, a 440!" Then he says "Is this a Super Sport?" I then told him "Man, this isn't a Chevy. I point to the Charger R/T emblem and then walk back to the garage.  ::)
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

FLG

Heres another one hot off the press,

Yesterday me and a few friends are parked under the expressway. Got the charger parked in clear sight when a woman passes by in sebring...get the "Wow nice car", i politely respond with a "Thank you". She then squints as and says "Oh is that a CORVETTE, i dont have my glasses". I say "No its a 73 Charger". Then then quietly says to herself "Chevy, dodge, ford, dodge, chevy....um....DODGE right?" ...I respond "yep".

She then goes on to explain she is going to get the new challenger and "You can really see the similarities between the cars"  :brickwall:

Brock Samson

obviously a LOT of "Trained Eyes" out there..  :lol:    :scope: