News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Making a General Lee?

Started by skip68, October 09, 2005, 09:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I make my 68 a General Lee?

YES
1 (7.1%)
NO
13 (92.9%)
50/50 Split
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: October 14, 2005, 09:15:19 PM

skip68

My son is 9 years old and loves the Dukes on CMT. He wants me to make my 68 into a General Lee, and I think it would be cool to :icon_smile_cool:. My wife is split 50/50 on it. :-\ I will not change the car or cut it up(front grill-rear lights)the car has no rust or body damage, so to change it would be wrong to me. I told her it's only paint and stickers and can be painted back to blue again. What do you think?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Judhudson

If it needs a repaint, and you have a couple hundred (if you plan to repaint and buy graphics) I'd say go for it!   I mean, to your son, he'd probably think he would have the coolest dad in the world.   Plus, if you both get tired of it (I'll buy it! ;D), it won't be a problem to take the decals off or to paint it stock color.

Khyron

If you're going to use it, and not cut it, get a 69, leave the 68 in one piece.

My 2 cent

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

Hey Khyron, I would never change any 2nd gen. charger. It would be like driving a pinto as a getaway car ::)JUST WRONG! I just was wondering what other people thought. I would get a 69 if I could afford it, but I've got to finish the 68 and my wifes 67 Camaro soon. My goal is X-mas or mid Jan. on the charger, and May on the camaro. Got my priorities in check :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

4cruzin

I say go for it!!  Like you said . . .you can always change it back.  Be nice to have a 69 but sometime you have to work with what ya got!  I'm sure your boy is going to be very excited!!  Very cool!   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Khyron

Sounds like some nice projects you got there :thumbs:

I personally like the 68's. though I have always loved the 69's. I have seen some 68 Gen lees around and they just look a bit off.

Now, stick with the color and not the sticker kit :thumbs: and that would be a sharp ride.

Or maybe a magnetic 01 and flag....That would still keep the kid happy ;)

hmmmmm, do they make those?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

That's a good idea Khyron. I'll look into some magnetic graphic kits. At least I know that I can put those on myself without messing it up to bad! :icon_smile_big:

JimShine

Tony at Buildagenerallee.com makes magnetic decals. He made my Georgia style graphics.

skip68

Hey JimShine, thanks for the info, I'll check him out. Looks good from here, how about up close? Thanks again.

JimShine

They look great upclose. I wrinkled my flag, but that was my fault (you wouldn't have that problem with magnets). Tony offered me a replacement at half price, and I will likely take him up on that. If you want any detail pics, PM me and I will get whatever you want tomorrow.

skip68

Thanks again, I just looked at his site and I think I'll be contacting him in a day or so. The prices are not as bad as I thought they would be. Again, THANKS :icon_smile_big:

'CUDA360

NAHH

If you have a '68 then you have to make it a bullit car :icon_smile:

Or better yet, a "Blade" Charger. One shows up at the "Fling" shows now and again. Just don't add the huge ultravilot lights to it, I don't think the Police would like that

Our 68 Obsession

My 68 was turned into the General. Even had the taillight panel changed to a 69. I'm turning it back because its a 68, painting it black and making my own "Black Bullitt". Just my opinion, but a 68 should stay that way, if it was a 69 I'd keep it the General Lee.

Wakko

I say go for it.  Sure it won't be correct..but who cares..your son will love it and you'll have some fun.  Have you been to www.cglfc.com yet?  There's a couple guys on there with '68 Generasl, here's a couple pics:  IMO the smaller pushbars look better on '68s than the wide ones, and if you want the correct CB Antenna, PM me.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

'CUDA360

Like I said I don't go for all the G'Lees but that '68 is cool. The round tail lights look right at home  :icon_smile_cool: