News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need power for Tach and radio

Started by AmadeusCharger500, March 06, 2008, 02:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I have a 74 Road runner. I want to hook up an aftermarket tachometer and radio.
The wires under the dash are pristine and uncut. I don't want to start cutting wires without knowing of a better way first.
Can anyone one suggest were to get the juice for these items?

Thanks

tims68charger

i have a 68 charger,i put in an aftermarket radio.i used a clip,i think from radio shack.all it does is clip over the fuse,has a male spade sticking from it.put a feamale end on your power wire from radio and slip it on.no cutting wire harness,still uses radio fuse.hope this helps.tom

Rolling_Thunder

there should be an ACC and 12V source blank on the fuse block...      just connect them there...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

AmadeusCharger500

How do I connect them to the blank slots?
Solder them?

Nacho-RT74

you have two direct sources to choose:

Circled one is acc source bullet kind terminal, coming from acc fuse on fusebox and feeds all the extra stuff on car, like rr deffoc, A/C blower, tach, etc...

Circled 2 is extra sources, NON FUSED ( so an advice would irt be install a fuse in line ). You have there two cavities with male spade terminals, one comes from BATT and the other is ACC. Is simply a soplice from buss bars on back of fusebox.

THIS IS A 74 HARNESS

Another source would it be also the back of fuisebox. Buss bars have also a prong there whare plugs the sources to feed the buss bars. Some or both of the stock terminals what feed the buss bars porbably already have the male built in terminal on same female terminal to splice from there more power sources. If not, then use a female/male built in terminal and insert there.

are you replacing the stock radio or mounting an extra aftermarket one ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AmadeusCharger500

I am mounting an additional aftermarket stereo. I also need power for my aftermarket tachometer.
Thanks so much for that picture. I am saving it for future reference.