News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr Angry's Daytona

Started by Zinc, March 05, 2008, 08:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Sounds awesome Mike! I cant wait to see it done! Its awesome that it'll be a full out road warrior. Thats the same thing I want to do with my car. I dont plan on building a 5 point show car...just a great looking fast road machine :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

justin1987

Quote from: NYCMille on May 08, 2008, 04:40:38 PM
2.5-3 more weeks and it will be rolling at full throttle...

My car will be rolling at full throttle at the same time. :2thumbs:

I can't wait to see the finished product.

MoParMetal

Hey Guys -

I'll throw out some specs on the car. Most everyone knows that I bought the original car from Jim (471_magnum) which is exactly what the motor is. I drove the car 900 miles back from Indiana to NYC and hammered it... car ran perfect the entire trip, that being said, Jim built one hell of a mill for this thing. It also has the same 5-speed OD that Jim installed but with a different rear which is why this car was the perfect donor car for my project.

Stuff I've done... upgraded brakes... BIG ONES!, one off custom wheels - no bling here, all business, 500 plus mile range without the use of a fuel cell - every bit of the suspension was upgraded to make it do everything better than my black '68. Looks... once again, all business, there is nothing on this car that is not fully functional. It's also not overly complex so that God forbid you break something, you'll be able to fix it... I learned this from my '68 and I'll be damned if I'll stray from a great formula that works. This car will also be run at least 10k miles in less than 8 months starting in June... we have some BIG things planned for it. Like I said, this is no show car, this is a full out road burner that was made to be driven hard and put away wet.

One of my biggest issues is seeing all these magazine cars that you see once and never see again. This car is absolutely print worthy and then some, but unlike 9/10th of the cars you see in magazines, this one will driven A LOT to prove to people you don't need to spend 200k for a custom that works, drives and performs beautifully.

this is kinda the same route im going with my beetona.
my biggest question are the headlights.
i will patiently await to see what you have come up with.
lots of chassis pics!

looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: justin1987 on May 08, 2008, 04:55:59 PM

My car will be rolling at full throttle at the same time. :2thumbs:

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Yeah ,but this isn't costing you anything!  :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Finn

you've got a 471 engine, 500+ mile range, and no fuel cell?

but....what....how?

Fuck I should have just kept looking at the pictures so I wouldn't have to worry about having my mind blown! :brickwall:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Zinc

Quote from: Finn on May 08, 2008, 07:53:21 PM

but....what....how?

They don't call them "wingcars" for no good reason!, Mike's gonna refuel like this, no stopping!

moparstuart

Quote from: Zinc on May 08, 2008, 08:21:47 PM
Quote from: Finn on May 08, 2008, 07:53:21 PM

but....what....how?

LMAO    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

They don't call them "wingcars" for no good reason!, Mike's gonna refuel like this, no stopping!

471_Magnum

The best I ever got with that motor was 18 mpg.... and that was leaned out, running with cruise and the 3.55 gears. 16 mpg was closer to the norm.

The aero might buy you a mpg... but you ain't going to hit 20 mpg... especially not at the velocities I'm anticipating you driving it.

So... you've got to have 8 to 10 gallons stashed somewhere.

Me thinks there will be a hidden auxillary tank. Maybe inside the wing.

With 500 mile range, you're going to need a big pickle jar as well.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Troy

He didn't say anything about not enlarging the stock tank (or sticking fuel somewhere else)... you guys need to think creatively. ;) On the real Bullrun race, Mike said he averaged 10-11 mpg in the 68 so even if he does slightly better in the Daytona he'd still need another 19-20 gallons capacity. Those guys he's been hanging out with from Bullrun (Rawlings, Collins) added 24 gallons to a Ferrari 550 and still had room for a spare - and presumably a change of clothes(?).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Steve P.

Hey Mike. Are you adding ANY other type of fuel??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

472 R/T SE

I would guess it's gonna have some characteristics of this one.

Remember this thread, it may hold some clues' for what's going on inside Mike's head.  :D
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16220.0.html

PocketThunder

I think my C500 is going to be the C500 version of Mikes Mr. Angrier....  Maybe i'll even get chance to race in a future Bull Run....  :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Daytona Guy

Can't wait to see it - Mr.

MoParMetal

its been a week where's the new teaser pic?

:popcrn:

its almost the end of may!!!
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

tan top

:drool5:  can't wait to  see this thing  :drool5: :yesnod: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NYCMille

Two more weeks and we'll be rolling... of course we will need to stop, so we'll be using these.  :D

justin1987

moparstuart

mikepmcs

bas#$%d.  I never liked this guy. :icon_smile_cool:
Of course I have a full poster in my living room of Mr. Angry, but I really don't like him or his Cah! :D

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TUFCAT

I personally never had anything against Mike!.......he's been great to all of us on this board.  But why all the secrets???   It can be annoying after a while.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 15, 2008, 09:01:37 PM
But why all the secrets???

It makes the final product seem even more awesome :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

You dont suppose there will be a Viper V10 under the hood to match the brakes do you guys?  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TUFCAT

Naw, that 440 was built to be reliable....and reliability was part of his recipe.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 15, 2008, 10:13:48 PM
Naw, that 440 was built to be reliable....and reliability was part of his recipe.

Actually, its a 471 Magnum ;)