News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct colors for steering column

Started by chargerguy111, March 02, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerguy111

What are the correct colors when restoring a 68 Charger steering column?The car is black.Thanks.

Chatt69chgr

If you will use the search feature, I believe you will find the information you are looking for including pictures, etc.  I am sorry I don't have the links off the top of my head but I know this has been extensively discussed on here so you have come to the right place.  If you can't find it, holler back and someone on here will be able to give you exact info as to where the data resides.

gasoline_24

The correct color is black suede.  The only company manufacturing this paint is MoPaint.  They are pricey, but the product is top notch.  I purchased a pint and this was enough to cover all parts that were the black suede.  They will also provide you with a list of all of these parts.  The black suede is a textured finish that is very durable.

resq302

What kind of texture would this be?  I have never seen on that has had any kind of texture on it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Rolling_Thunder

I powder coat my pieces semi-glass black
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

gasoline_24

It is kind of like a fine sand is added.  I am not sure I am explaining it correctly, but this was the correct finish for the dash and steering column.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: gasoline_24 on March 03, 2008, 02:13:43 PM
It is kind of like a fine sand is added.  I am not sure I am explaining it correctly, but this was the correct finish for the dash and steering column.

Suede is correct .  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JimShine

You can find other sources with a little research. If you have spray equipment, autocolorlibrary.com will sell it to you. Their prices are good. I had them mix me up the hard to get organosol and it was high quality and the price was more inline what you would expect to pay for paint.

gtx6970

Quote from: gasoline_24 on March 03, 2008, 01:50:32 AM
The correct color is black suede. 

Provided it's a black  or white interior car. It's the same finish and color as the metal dash frame btw

gasoline_24

That is correct.  It is also used on the A/C vents on the outside and the rear defrost bezel.