News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is the most dominate age for Charger owners Poll

Started by Charger-Bodie, February 25, 2008, 05:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age group are you in? please Charger owners only.

0-21
22 (8.5%)
22-25
19 (7.3%)
26-31
23 (8.8%)
32-36
45 (17.3%)
37-45
87 (33.5%)
46-51
38 (14.6%)
51-60
19 (7.3%)
60-100
7 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 260

69_500

29 years old here. Guess the poll doesn't really ask how old you were when you bought your car but everyone else is answering that part too, so who am I to stop something right?

Bought the 500 when I was 25, bought my first Charger (a 1970 model) in 1996 when I was 18.

Mass_Mopar

I bought my charger when I was 15, I'm 22 now.   :cheers:
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

smasherofall

I was 27 when I bought mine, 47 now. I've owned it 1/2 its life   :2thumbs:

41husk

I voted 46-51 because I am 46, but I bought both of my chargers before I was 45 :shruggy: and had my first charger whaen I was 22.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68RT4ME

44 yrs old now. Got my 1st Charger at 21. (Thanks Troy). Until last year, I hadn't owned a MOPAR since 1989 when my then wife said those famous words... "Honey, I'm pregnant".  :brickwall:  Bye bye MOPAR, hello Nissan Pathfinder for her and the kid.

Now he's off to college in the fall and I finally got to by my toy's. Oh, and the Pathfinder?  Not a collectable  :(
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Death1970Proof

"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Winged 1

;)
Have 2 now but owned 4 total over the course of the last 51 years.
Eric

Chatt69chgr

Wow!  I'am surprised there are so few Charger owners over 60.  I'am 62.  Oh well----there are some benefits.  I can order senior citizen coffee at Hardees.  Now I wonder if I could get some of the Charger repop suppliers to give me a senior citizen discount---ha, ha---fat chance.

General_01

I am 40, so I am older than both of my Chargers. :'( I bought the '71 when I was 21 though  :icon_smile_big:)
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

moparstuart

bought my first charger in 84 at age 16 it was a 70 R/T top banana wish i had it now
   Now we have a 69. 87shelby and son has a 66,
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 27, 2008, 08:10:34 PM
Wow! I'am surprised there are so few Charger owners over 60.

I think there may be a computer issue here as well.

Most of the over 60 gang that I talk to that are into cars don't own or care to own a computer.

My Uncle is 76 and he always says he would like to know how to use a computer but when you put one in front of him he won't touch it even if you tell him what to do.  Its kinda funny watching him hold my notebook while we drive around tuning the Fuel Injection on my Charger.  I'm still working on him.

AKcharger

The 80's generation rules!!!!

these things were plentiful and Cheap in 1982!

73chgrSE

Yep, I bought my first '73 in 87 for $1500.00 the stereo system  in it was probly $700.00 at the time. And the car was built. just had a crappy interior and needed paint.

Musicman

37-45  :think:  Let's see, as I recall that particuler age group falls under a very specific catagory  :scratchchin:

Midlife Crisis is a term used to describe a period of dramatic self-doubt that is typically felt in the "middle years" of life, as people sense the passing of youth and the imminence of old age. The condition is most common in the ages ranging from 35-50.

Individuals experiencing a mid-life crisis are said to have some of these feelings:
·   search of an undefined dream or goal
·   a deep sense of remorse for goals not accomplished
·   desire to achieve a feeling of youthfulness
·   need to spend more time alone or with certain peers

They are also said to exhibit some of these behaviors:
·   abuse of alcohol
·   conspicuous consumption -- acquisition of unusual or expensive items such as sports cars, gadgets, tattoos, motorbikes, etc.
·   depression
·   paying special attention to physical appearance

Thank God I'm not in that catagory  :smilielol:

:cheers:

Musicman

Boy... it sure did got quiet around here all of a sudden  :scratchchin:

1969chargerrtse

Well, let me say being 52 in May that I found it sad that I'm in one of the smallest groups?  Never had any of the mid life crisis feelings listed.  Also never went through the 7 year Itch thing?  I loved the look of the Charger since the first one came out in 66.  By 69 It was a deep deep love for the design and power of that car, and most Muscle cars of the era except Ford, though I did love the Shelby.  It's weird to read the mid life examples because I truly never ever felt any of those feelings.  Not looking to change the thread but anyone else go through the mid life crisis?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Musicman

The whole Midlife Crisis theory has never been based in reality, it's just one of those old wives tales... but it still has it's uses at times like this when your looking for a laugh  :smilielol:

69charger440

My charger is 14 years older then me! Man, it is a great role model!!!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

KMPX2

Ghoste

It would be interesting to break it down further and see where the age groups fall out with the year of Charger owned.

CB

I was (still am) 34 when owning my Charger.
Now waiting 2 more weeks on the arriving of my Barracuda.

If I decide to sell the Fish ever, I'll go find myself a nice Charger again.
Oh wait... I already know a rust free '69 Charger waiting for me :brickwall:
CB

PS didn't vote because I don't own a Charger no more
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

RT/SE

Well, I recently reached a milestone in my life by turning 40.  Take a look at the photo of my birthday cake.  The car on the cake is not mine.  My Charger is currently under restoration so one of my buddies supplied a photo he took years ago at a car show to my brother who planned the whole party.  However owns the Charger - your car was the star of my 40th B-Day party!!!! 

charger_mike75

bullit68