News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 brake line help

Started by 73chgrSE, February 25, 2008, 02:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

There is a hollow bolt that holds the front brake line to the calipers. Does that hole in the bolt have to line up perfectly with the hole from the hose? Seems like it would need to but how do you do that?.

Also, the haynes book shows 1 washer above and one below that bolt but when I took mine off it had 2 below, when i put it back on like that it leaks. I'll try it like the book shows. :icon_smile_question:

doctorpimp

The hole in the bolt does NOT have to line up with the hole in the hose.  Fluid will transfer within the banjo fitting. 
Yes, the book is correct one washer goes on either side of the fitting.  The washers provide the seal.  I always change the copper washers for new, especially when working on brakes.  Any Auto Parts store should have replacements in bulk.  Bring the bolt with you to ensure you have the correct sizes.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

73chgrSE

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216