News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

yep, a good looking model. waiting for the other 2, oh wait, is that forien company still in it? :smilielol: i guess mationwide (bush series to me) will still use the challenger this year? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

400/6/PAC

I do like the looks of it. :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 25, 2012, 02:25:21 PM
Quote from: TruckDriver on January 24, 2012, 05:37:24 PM
Ford unveils 2013 Cup Series Ford Fusion

http://www.nascar.com/news/120124/ford-fusion-2013-cup-series/index.html?eref=/news/headlines/cup

beat me to it...that thing looks badass.

Hopefully the other manufactures will follow their lead.

They are Ponch. It is the new Nascar layout for 2013. They want to go back to a more street looking type of car.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

472 R/T SE

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 24, 2012, 05:37:24 PM
Ford unveils 2013 Cup Series Ford Fusion

That's a good lookin' racin' rig.   :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

400/6/PAC

Ryan Newman received two and Denny Hamlin one. Brad Keselowski was the most recent recipient, receiving a $25,000 fine for criticizing NASCAR's move to electronic fuel injection.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/01/26/2959443/nascar-does-away-with-undisclosed.html#storylink=cpy

I didn't know a driver could be fined for voicing His opinion.

nvrbdn

i know ryan newman was very vocal about how he feels about the restrictor plate races.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Junior is very vocal about restrictor plate races on TV all the time...does he get fined?? And I know there are others as well

Noooooooooooooooo!

nvrbdn

ryan is my guy. from the beginning. now that he drives a chevy, i still stay with him. but he isnt considered a fan draw like gordon, johnson, jr,edwards, who are protected no matter what. so when he made a comment that this racing is a joke and no one wants to watch a race like this.  they took offence to it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ChgrSteve67

25 grand for them is like me loosing a $10 hand at the black jack table.

If I talked about the stupid decisions made the company I work for publicly I would get fired before I could pull a dollar out of my wallet.
Without NASCAR these guys would be driving go-carts or flipping burgers for a living.

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on January 27, 2012, 03:33:21 PM
25 grand for them is like me loosing a $10 hand at the black jack table.

If I talked about the stupid decisions made the company I work for publicly I would get fired before I could pull a dollar out of my wallet.
Without NASCAR these guys would be driving go-carts or flipping burgers for a living.

instead theyre flipping race cars for a living...

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 26, 2012, 09:52:25 PM
ryan is my guy. from the beginning. now that he drives a chevy, i still stay with him. but he isnt considered a fan draw like gordon, johnson, jr,edwards, who are protected no matter what. so when he made a comment that this racing is a joke and no one wants to watch a race like this.  they took offence to it.
I like Newman & Stewart also, but like Kurt Busch too, {even Danika Patrick, I think she's good for broadening the sport}, I'm a sick puppy I guess, the thing that really gets me is, the powers to be at NASCAR say "have at it boys", go out try to kill & wreck each others high dollar race cars, but "god forbid" they say any thing about the way the sanctioning body, Good Year Tires or lack of performance & dislike of re-stricter plate racing, that the NASCAR sanctioning body runs the races they participate in, if they are letting them have at it on the track how about let them have an opinion too... Sorry if this offends anyone, but that's just my personal views... I know they need to have some control of stuff they say, but let the guys be guys, not the robots the NASCAR officials want, they have reporters shoving a microphone in there face shortly after a wild ride or wreck, their adrenaline is going thru the roof at the moment, they are bound to say stupid stuff, the TV reporters/press, constantly bait them to say that kind of stuff all the time, for sake of rating, how about fining them too... That's only fair....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

i definately agree that they need to back off a guy and let him cool from an incident before asking questions.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 27, 2012, 05:23:06 PM
i definately agree that they need to back off a guy and let him cool from an incident before asking questions.  :2thumbs:

:iagree: :iagree:
PETE

400/6/PAC

I can't even imagine the adrenaline rush that would come from a 200 MPH crash.

TruckDriver

I can't even imagine the adrenaline rush that would come from just going 200 MPH :P
PETE

nvrbdn

:iagree: just going 200 mph would freak me :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

400/6/PAC

I created a DC.com fantasy nascar team if anyone wants to play.
It is a private group for DC.com members.
The group name is DC.com and the password is Mopar.
Just go to espn fantasy and join or pm Me Your email and I will send You an invite.

TruckDriver

Getting ready to watch the Bud Shootout practice on Speed, and the 48 car for the 500, was conficated already for being illegal, lol. Kyle Petty has a full beard (first time I ever saw him like that) & Hermie Sadler has a full beard, and Jeff Hamond has a goatee going. Wait til you see Jr.'s  beard, lol.
PETE

BigBlockSam

Quotejust going 200 mph would freak me yesnod

me too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

General_01

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 17, 2012, 04:16:02 PM
Getting ready to watch the Bud Shootout practice on Speed, and the 48 car for the 500, was conficated already for being illegal, lol. Kyle Petty has a full beard (first time I ever saw him like that) & Hermie Sadler has a full beard, and Jeff Hamond has a goatee going. Wait til you see Jr.'s  beard, lol.

Surprise, Surprise! "Cheater" Knaus was caught again.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Speed corrected it, they did not have the car confiscated... To bad, lol. They just have to replace the C pillers on the car.

Watching the first practice session, looks like the 2 car drafts are gone. There running in a big pack at 200 - 205mph.
PETE

TruckDriver

Just had a 5 car crash, Both Penske cars, Tony Stewert both Busche brothers. I think Truex got some damage too
PETE