News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

To Harvick's credit, he could have spun Brad when passing him but didn't. You could hear him peddling the gas...   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: odcics2 on November 04, 2014, 09:12:05 AM
To Harvick's credit, he could have spun Brad when passing him but didn't. You could hear him peddling the gas...   :Twocents:

Also a risk to Harvick at that time......one never knows for sure if the car you spin doesn't bite you before you get by.....

Honestly, I don't know :scratchchin:......is it just a coincidence everyone showed up at Brad's car as they did? There certainly was plenty of time after Jeff showed up beside Brad's car.......

One thing that seems strange......where was Nascar officials? All I can remember seeing was a few of Brad's crew.......they had to see this coming when Jeff showed up. Normally they get between and separate......

One thing that seems certain......the situation was under control.......until Harvick pushed Brad and run. That's a coward move.  :yesnod:

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if karma wiped that smug look of his face. :Twocents:

thedodgeboys

No driver penalties but...

Jeremy Fuller, a crew member with the No. 5 team along with Dwayne Doucette and Jason Ingle, crew members with the No. 24 team, each have been fined $25,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. All three were found to be in violation of:

• Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty – involved in a post-race physical altercation with a driver on pit road

Dean Mozingo, a crew member with the No. 24 team, has been fined $10,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the completion of the next three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. He was found to be in violation of:

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty – involved in a post-race physical altercation with another crew member on pit road

Kenny Francis, crew chief of the No. 5 team, and Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the No. 24 team, have each been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. They were found to be in violation of:

• Section 9-4A: Crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty

"While the intensity and emotions are high as we continue through the final rounds of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the actions that we saw from several crew members Sunday following the race at Texas are unacceptable," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president/competition and racing development. "We reviewed the content that was available to us of the post-race incident along pit road, and identified several crew members who crossed the line with their actions, specifically punching others."

"We therefore have penalized four crew members as well as their crew chiefs, as they ultimately are responsible for members of their team per the NASCAR rulebook," Pemberton continued. "A NASCAR championship is at stake, but we can't allow behavior that crosses the line to go unchecked, particularly when it puts others in harm's way."

keith88

Im good with that. After listening to the dirty mo radio report today i agree that brad did not do anything wrong and apologize for my earlier comments. But one thing i will this new format has certainly made it more interesting. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

nvrbdn

yes it has. things are heating up. and I'm sure it will continue in the next race. maybe some new villains.

wouldn't want to be the person that takes out a contender. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dyslexic teddybear

Anyone know what happened between Brad and Kasey? Haven't been following Nascar that close ......something must have got the 5 crew riled up.

A383Wing

wasn't Kasey..it was the crew, they are all Hendrick owned, so Kasey's crew went to defend Gordon

or everyone wants a piece of Brad & Joey

thedodgeboys

If I was Gordon I would be pissed at Boyer for bring out the caution. It cost him the win again...

If it wasn't for that caution the 2 wouldn't have been in a position to cut his tire.

I'm i crazy ???

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: A383Wing on November 04, 2014, 09:01:59 PM
wasn't Kasey..it was the crew, they are all Hendrick owned, so Kasey's crew went to defend Gordon

or everyone wants a piece of Brad & Joey

Perhaps the plot is thickening. Didn't know of any particular problem between Brad and Kasey......

As for everyone wanting a piece of Brad......seems a little on track nudge would be easier to hide....... :scratchchin:

Just seems odd, officials seem to not be looking.....a lotta Hendricks crew show up....

Nascar wanted the next 2 races to be interesting.....think they got it.

Chargen69

Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 04, 2014, 09:48:40 PM
If I was Gordon I would be pissed at Boyer for bring out the caution. It cost him the win again...

If it wasn't for that caution the 2 wouldn't have been in a position to cut his tire.

I'm i crazy ???

u are not crazy, maybe he knew who was leading, maybe he didnt, but wouldnt surprise me if he did it on purpose.
these guys have very creative ways of payback

Aero426

The crew people take it in the shorts.   Privately, NASCAR is high fiving over the whole deal.    Someone out there has calculated the value of the media exposure gained.

wingcar

Well, Denny Hamlin stated that he doesn't think most drivers in the garage respect Brad Keselowski because Brad doesn't show any remorse for his aggressive driving style.   Interesting comment on his part but you know what...I doubt Brad's feeling are hurt much as he gets paid for winning races not friends.  And, show me a driver that hasn't "moved" a fellow driver in order to take a position and I'll show you a driver that shouldn't be in the series.  You have to have the "drive" to win if you intend to win.  The name of the game is winning...period.  There is only ONE winner at each race and 40+ also rans.  Brad wants to win the championship this year, as does everyone of the other Chase contenders.  Hamlin also said, "It's tough to win a championship if nobody likes you. That is going to be a very, very tough task."  Sorry Hamlin but as long as the other drivers don't intentionally try to take you out....it's not any harder than it would be otherwise.  Brad has shown he can win with or without help.  And, he is not afraid of "moving" a person to do it.  While I don't care for intentionally wrecking of another driver, the use of a bumper on someone is not a new idea.  And, one of the sport's biggest stars, one Dale Earnhardt Sr. was noted for "moving" more than a few drivers out of his way.  

So are today's drivers more "sensitive" or do they have "convenient memories".  Most of today's driver's would never make it back in the day when "rubbing was racing" meant exactly that.  Hamlin went on to say, "You're just looking for someone to say, 'Man, I'm sorry I ruined your day. I screwed up. I apologize,'" Hamlin said. "When that doesn't get said, then it immediately lights a fire in your stomach that he doesn't have any remorse. He's just like, 'Oh well, it's your problem.' "That just lights a fire in your inside. Especially when you just had a bad day and your season could have rested on that. That really set things off. If Brad would have talked to Jeff, and said, 'Man, I was going for a hole, it was my only chance, I'm really sorry it cut your tire.' Instead, it was, 'Oh well, sorry buddy. You left a hole.' If he did that to me, I would have had the same reaction as Jeff. No question." Is Hamlin a cry baby or what...he needs to grow up, pull up his fireproof drapers and be a man.

He also said, "If you ask me do you want a championship trophy or do you want the respect of your peers, I will take the respect from my peers because that trophy, they can't put in my casket," Hamlin said. "What's the fun of a NASCAR (championship) party that nobody shows up to?"  Maybe Hamlin needs to win a championship before he truly understands what auto racing is all about...Brad can and will make friends "After" he retires.  And, Brad will be polishing more trophies in retirement than Hamlin ever will.
Was Keselowski overly aggressive?  I'll leave it to others to judge, but I will say one thing...if the moved had worked and he won the race Brad would have been a superhero.  And, everyone would have been talking about the great move he made.

Message for Gordon and all the other drivers out there...drive like you want to win or go home.  This year's format has made winning more important than ever and "everyone" is more aggressive or haven't you noticed?
Perhaps it's the "you owe me" attitude of today's drivers that makes me long for the "good old days" when drivers were men...like Richard, David, Cale, etc.....(and perhaps that is one reason many no longer follow the sport as they once did).  I want to watch 43 "men" racing...not 43 "girlie boys" with overly sensitive feelings.  You get well paid to put on a show for the fans..."Behind the wheel" not in the pits after the race.

*I now return my soapbox and return you to your regularly scheduled programming.   :Twocents:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Chargen69

Nascar needs to stop the fender skirt issue, there would be a few less tires cut and the rubbing wouldnt be so inpactful.  would probably take somebody cutting a tire on one and hurting somebody else before they do though

nvrbdn

Perhaps it's the "you owe me" attitude of today's drivers that makes me long for the "good old days" when drivers were men...like Richard, David, Cale, etc.....(and perhaps that is one reason many no longer follow the sport as they once did).  I want to watch 43 "men" racing...not 43 "girlie boys" with overly sensitive feelings.  You get well paid to put on a show for the fans..."Behind the wheel" not in the pits after the race.

:2thumbs: except,     42 "girlie boys" and 1 "macho girl"   :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

This new format seems to have identified the aggressive drivers'.

I was shocked Gordon got so upset.  I think if it had been anyone but BK it wouldn't have been such an issue.

I used to like Harvick as I thought he was old school but the shove from behind screams "girlee".  I mean, if you're gonna cheapshot push someone at least get in their face right away.  Imo, KH is at fault for the melee.   :shruggy:

JB400

Nascar (and other professional sports) are being too politically correct.  Hamlins' statements mirror this.  What Hamlin forgets is, it was good solid racing like seen at the end of Texas and a brawl at Daytona that really put Nascar in the limelight.  He makes it sound like Cale and the Allisons should have been having a tea party in turn 3.  He should go back to playing golf.

Chargen69

Quote from: JB400 on November 05, 2014, 11:40:02 PM
Nascar (and other professional sports) are being too politically correct.  Hamlins' statements mirror this.  What Hamlin forgets is, it was good solid racing like seen at the end of Texas and a brawl at Daytona that really put Nascar in the limelight.  He makes it sound like Cale and the Allisons should have been having a tea party in turn 3.  He should go back to playing golf.

100% right.

wingcar

and not just in the sports world I would add..................... :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

odcics2

Quote from: JB400 on November 05, 2014, 11:40:02 PM

I was there for that brawl!   Infield, too!!   :cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

that's not surprising..look how many reporters he beat up years ago

JB400

Chase Elliot won the Nationwide Championship.  Youngest driver ever to do so :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

Quote from: JB400 on November 09, 2014, 01:22:56 AM
Chase Elliot won the Nationwide Championship.  Youngest driver ever to do so :2thumbs:
:iagree: :2thumbs:

I had to work until 6:30 last night. Who won the race?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

brad k won on a late restart passing kyle b to take the win.  brad couldnt hold off kyle earlier and kyle took a nice lead. but with the late caution it was green white checker and some how brads old tires walked around kyles newer tires. the kid kept his car clean in the restart to get the napa car to the championship. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.