News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Indygenerallee

Good to see Brad win! Go #2!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

dyslexic teddybear

Good to see everyone agreeing...... :angel:

I'm just kinda bummed about.......coulda been a pair of Dodge's going for a championship........

From what I have read......some dude named Sergio didn't like Dodge racing in Nascar......or racing Vipers for that matter.....

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on October 19, 2014, 04:42:02 PM
Lagano and Keslowski are just punks.
:iagree: At least Johnson is done lol. So better BK then the #48 car :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

keith88

Just because brad USE to drive a dodge does not mean you have to like him. After his whacked view of what happen last week dose not help that issue! I lost a lot of respect him in that deal. :slap:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

TruckDriver

I lost a ton of respect for BK as well after last week. Now I see him like Joey Logano... A punk kid :Twocents:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

maxwellwedge

Feel bad for Junior, don't care about JJ or Kyle.
BK is old school aggressive....I like that (unlike most of the boring sponsor suck-ups) and the last champ in a Mopar.
It think it will come down to Kevin and Brad....with Jeff hovering close.

wingcar

I for one will really, really miss not having Jimmie Johnson in the hunt for another championship.   :D
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Chargen69

gordon isnt missing him either

keith88

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 20, 2014, 08:21:57 AM
Feel bad for Junior, don't care about JJ or Kyle.
BK is old school aggressive....I like that (unlike most of the boring sponsor suck-ups) and the last champ in a Mopar.
It think it will come down to Kevin and Brad....with Jeff hovering close.
Same here but BK could at least own up to what he did and not lie about it on TV especially when everyone could see it on in the replay!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

JB400

I'm more of a Penske fan than I am a BK or Logano fan.  His team has always had to play 2nd fiddle to Hendrick, Roush, and Childress in Nascar.  I also liked Rusty when he was driving for Penske, especially at the short tracks.  Penske always seems to pick aggressive drivers.  I thought having KB and Allmindinger was a good choice until each driver screwed up pr. wise.

dyslexic teddybear

Dodge fan.......not so much a Penske/Brad fan.

So.....agree, lost a bit of respect for Brad.

My problem is with Nascar.......if Brad bumping on pit road is bad.....set a penalty for it and enforce it equally. Brad sure has not been the only one......

Something did happen during the race I never expected......I actually cheered when the 10 took the lead from 48......

wingcar

Same here but BK could at least own up to what he did and not lie about it on TV especially when everyone could see it on in the replay!
[/quote]

I believe BK said he wasn't proud about what happened the previous week while in the victory circle.   I would have to go back and watch once again.  Bottomline, he did address what happened the previous week.  And, I am sure he now realizes that it didn't put him in the best light.  I am also sure that Mr. Penske had a little sit down with BK after that race.  
I am glad BK made it to the next round.   The last 20 or so laps were the best of the whole race.  It was neat to see Danica take the lead.....and from Johnson no less!   Danica's pass of the 48 and BK's passing of  Newman on the last lap were the best moves of the day!

odcics2

As long as a toyota doesn't win!   :flame:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

nvrbdn

rooting for newman all the way. cant deny his constant top 10 finishes are doing the job. he had absolutely no help at the end of the race. tonys crew came up behind him and could have pushed him to the win but they both went side by side and slowed down the outside lines so there was no help on the top.

glad hendrick lost 3 of 4 drivers in the chase. too bad it wasnt a clean sweep.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

well that sure messed up my bracket  :rofl: I had Jr in the last 4  :flame:

it was cool to see the 10 car take the lead away and hold it for several laps it would have been a cool win  :drool5:

my new last 4 are the 2,22,24 and the

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Looks like Kurt Busch and Danica will be switching crews after this weekend:  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/stewart-haas-racing-switches-teams-of-kurt-busch-and-danica-patrick-144216464.html

It might be a bigger benefit for KB, probably not so much for Danica.

Chargen69

This is the beginning of the good ole "how do we keep KB without losing everybody else on the team"

JB400

McMurray is on pole at Martinsville :2thumbs:  Logano outside pole.

wingcar

Johnson out of the race.....I'm happy
Jr. wins...............The world is happy

nvrbdn

i am content since newman is still hanging in there. :2thumbs:

I know im really wishing for the stars, the moon, and all the planets,  but if ryan could just finish (and im not saying i have to have a championship victory or anything like that) above all the hendrick drivers, and all the stewart/haas drivers (also known as the other hendrick drivers) then my year will be great. :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

was i sleeping? i thought jeff hit brad?

Chargen69

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 02, 2014, 07:16:40 PM
was i sleeping? i thought jeff hit brad?

just watched a replay in slow motion, brad moved up a 1/2 line and stayed put, jeff came down on him. 

TruckDriver

This was the best part of the whole race, the fight in the pits, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1bSUYLsVr4
PETE