News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

Looks like JJ is gona take it again.
Only hope for Carl is if Jimmy don't show up. ;D ;D ;D

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

I think JJ is going to win it. Bummer.

That is not a shocker that Ray is leaving. I think he went into ownership on a high, but the stress of being an owner and trying to find sponsorship and budgets was just not his bag.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

400/6/PAC

Quote from: General_01 on November 11, 2008, 05:24:18 PM
I think JJ is going to win it. Bummer.

That is not a shocker that Ray is leaving. I think he went into ownership on a high, but the stress of being an owner and trying to find sponsorship and budgets was just not his bag.
Looks like a lot of sponsers are droping out next Year.
They said Texaco and Mabey the car Manufactures wont be sponsering next Year.

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Did you guys see that Johnny Benson won the Truck series championship? That was a great fight. Personally, I did not really care if Johnny won or Ron won until Kevin Harvick started blocking for Ron and giving him the lead so he could lead laps. That pissed me off. :flame: If Ron is going to win it, let him win it. Great strategy by Johnny and his team on that last pit stop helped him win the Championship. He finished right ahead of Ron. He will also be remembered for winning the last championship when the series was sponsored by Craftsman. Next year it's Camping World.
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

PETE

bigred68

Good morning everyone!! I just wanted to remind anyone who might be interested that the NASCAR awards ceremony from New York is on tonight 12-5-08. Its on ESPN classic at 9pm. Please make sure I'm correct of time and chanel by checking NASCAR.com Take care!

j.j.

mikepmcs

you are correct sir.  2100 hours on espn classic
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

68coronetGLwannabe

I am sad to see the season over because where else are you gonna see so may commercials with a little racing thrown in. :Twocents:  Plus if I heard Jimmy Johnson one more time :RantExplode:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

TruckDriver

PETE

General_01

They were already talking about that with 3 races to go during the season. You can't get money if you aren't winning races or at the very least being competitive. Petty Enterprises hasn't been competitive for the last 15 years or more. Sponsors want to see their product name in Victory Lane and up front getting TV coverage if they are going to dump that kind of money into a race team. I would rather see Petty Enterprises end myself. It has just been slow torture watching it become a team that is there to fill one of the last of the 43 slots on the track rather than a team that can win on any given Sunday, because frankly, they have never had a shot at winning in years.
496 stroker
4-speed

Mefirst

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the hype with NASCAR racing.. :brickwall:

Its like W.T.F 30-40 some cars going round in a damn circle.. They only turn left... Like you could watch the start and about 5 of the first laps, then go mess about with your own ride in the garage, then return to the TV an hour later and you would not have missed any thing.. Well may be one or two big pile ups in turn 3 or 4 (that's another thing, its a freaking circle, it doesn't have fukn turns!!! The damn track is just one big ass turn...

I think they need a rule change... really mess with the minds of the racers.. and audience... like at the half way mark of the race, they should turn the cars around and drive around the track the other way round. That might make it interesting, like see if the drivers can handle a car turning right... shouldn't require that much intelligence from either drivers or the audience...

My :Twocents:

General_01

Quote from: Mefirst on December 10, 2008, 09:59:46 PM
I'm sorry, but I just don't get the hype with NASCAR racing.. :brickwall:

Its like W.T.F 30-40 some cars going round in a damn circle.. They only turn left... Like you could watch the start and about 5 of the first laps, then go mess about with your own ride in the garage, then return to the TV an hour later and you would not have missed any thing.. Well may be one or two big pile ups in turn 3 or 4 (that's another thing, its a freaking circle, it doesn't have fukn turns!!! The damn track is just one big ass turn...

I think they need a rule change... really mess with the minds of the racers.. and audience... like at the half way mark of the race, they should turn the cars around and drive around the track the other way round. That might make it interesting, like see if the drivers can handle a car turning right... shouldn't require that much intelligence from either drivers or the audience...

My :Twocents:

I really don't get drag racing. I mean, all they do is drive in a straight line. How hard is that?!! And don't get me started on crashes. How do you crash just going in a straight line?  :Twocents:

Just so you know, your little blurb sounds just as stupid as what I just wrote.
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Drag racing to me is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry boring. The only time I watch is if it is all classic cars (or street stock) cause then it is like going to a car show. I.E. Pinks or Pass Time where at least it is all basically modified street racers. A 3 second race doesn't even give you enough time to think if you enjoyed that run :Twocents:

The sad thing is, they could of run 5 races in the time it took me to type this out.  :P
PETE

The70RT

Your slooooooooooooooooooooooow  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

PETE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

General_01

I am thinking Bobby wanted out so he could find another ride before Daytona since everything is up in the air at Petty. I bet he does end up at Earnhardt Ganassi.
496 stroker
4-speed

NHCharger

Read that Ray Evernham just cleaned out ALL his personnel possessions at Gillett/Evernham Motorsports AND that Elliot Sadler got the boot and is being replaced by AJ Almandinger.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

General_01

We already knew Ray was getting out. I didn't know about Sadler. Can't say I am surprised though.
496 stroker
4-speed

bigred68

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bigred68 on December 27, 2008, 09:06:26 PM
Third; PLEASE be careful of the pics of the females. I find them hot (BTW I noticed the other peircing also!!) ;)  but this is family, work friendy type of board and therefore, discreation must be used. That being said ENJOY!! and WELCOME!! and PM me some of those "other"

Dude...kettle meet pot!

bigred68

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 30, 2008, 08:54:33 PM
Quote from: bigred68 on December 27, 2008, 09:06:26 PM
Third; PLEASE be careful of the pics of the females. I find them hot (BTW I noticed the other peircing also!!) ;)  but this is family, work friendy type of board and therefore, discreation must be used. That being said ENJOY!! and WELCOME!! and PM me some of those "other"

Dude...kettle meet pot!
yup. sorry. you're correct. I won't get worse than that. Just.. couldn't help it. ;)

Arizona Dave

Shawna in her Tropicana days.
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave