News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Tubular B-body K-frames

Started by superduperbee, February 17, 2008, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superduperbee

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 17, 2008, 11:06:45 PM
SO, Dickinskin is it all in yet :shruggy: :slap:   LEON.

shhhiiittttmmaaammmaaaaaa

I noticed the angle was way off on the passenger side upper control arm.  The jackasses put the ball joint in upside down :RantExplode: I will have to put it in the right way then flip the control arm over, still waiting on the shocks :shruggy:, no answer to email.....no one answering phones. Just painted the spindles tonight, will install tomorrow and post pics. I looked through the Summit catalog and found the brake setup that works with the Mustang II spindles. Summit has free shipping too. :rofl:

superduperbee

Here's the setup. My Detroit muffler hanger is keeping the stress off the steering rack till WHENEVER the shocks show up.

superduperbee

Quote from: superduperbee on August 18, 2008, 12:48:51 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 17, 2008, 11:06:45 PM
SO, Dickinskin is it all in yet :shruggy: :slap:   LEON.

shhhiiittttmmaaammmaaaaaa

I noticed the angle was way off on the passenger side upper control arm.  The jackasses put the ball joint in upside down :RantExplode: I will have to put it in the right way then flip the control arm over, still waiting on the shocks :shruggy:, no answer to email.....no one answering phones. Just painted the spindles tonight, will install tomorrow and post pics. I looked through the Summit catalog and found the brake setup that works with the Mustang II spindles. Summit has free shipping too. :rofl:

Here Leon.......a picture is worth a thousand words :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: how's that for steering geometry?

hemi-hampton

CUSTOM :scratchchin: :rofl: :slap:  Is that a Muffler hanger or Coat hanger. Dont damage your muffler bearings :slap:

superduperbee

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 18, 2008, 11:22:53 PM
CUSTOM :scratchchin: :rofl: :slap:  Is that a Muffler hanger or Coat hanger. Dont damage your muffler bearings :slap:

That's good old fashioned Detroit muffler hanger :rofl:, fresh from the dry cleaners :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

superduperbee

4 weeks now and still waiting on the shocks. No response to email, no one answering the phone. :flame:

hemi-hampton

When nobody answers the phone or e-mails, how were you able to order them in the first place :scratchchin: :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:

superduperbee

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 23, 2008, 10:29:48 PM
When nobody answers the phone or e-mails, how were you able to order them in the first place :scratchchin: :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:

They answered the phone  when I wanted to order, answered my questions and took my money. Mabey they check the caller ID then push a button to send calls they don't want to answer somewhere else?

superduperbee

Finally got them on the phone today. Someone forgot to leave him a note about the shocks? He apologized and promised to send the parts. The control arm can not be flipped over either. I removed the ball joint and the arm is only threaded halfway down, also cut for the rubber boot on the one side. So I got 2 driver side control arms. That means someone else got 2 passenger side ones around the same time. So waiting for the right control arm as well as the shocks :popcrn: At least I have other things to work on while I wait.

superduperbee

5 weeks and still waiting for shocks and correct control arm. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

hemi-hampton

superduperbee

superduperbee

I have emailed Magnumforce 3 times in the past 2 weeks. 2 times were to send photos of the incorrect control arm so he could 'verify' that they sent me the wrong part. The other one was to check on the shocks I was suppose to get nearly 2 months ago. No reply to any of the emails, no parts yet. Luckily I'm not in a big hurry to drive this car. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

hemi-hampton

WingCharger

So, of the three options you have for tubular front suspensions, which one do you think would be most suited for a daily driver vehicle, with, lets say, a new 5.7L Hemi in it? :D :scratchchin:
I saw these on a car a while back in a magazine, and have really become interested in them. Dont know why? :-\

Blown70

Alterkon (spelling) from Reileys.  However, there BEAV, you dont have a car yet I would not be worried, I would suggest staying with the stock suspension.

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/

You will spend for most complete (including brakes) $4,000 to 6,000.

If you get your stock one set good I do NOT See the need for it.

Tom

WingCharger

Quote from: Blown70 on September 13, 2008, 08:47:21 AM
Alterkon (spelling) from Reileys.  However, there BEAV, you dont have a car yet I would not be worried, I would suggest staying with the stock suspension.

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/

You will spend for most complete (including brakes) $4,000 to 6,000.

If you get your stock one set good I do NOT See the need for it.

Tom

Okay! :2thumbs:

I kinda have an idea. Since I am young now, I if I get a charger anytime soon, I will just build a complete, low buck, junkyard 383 or 440, bored and a big cam, and get it running, and fix any structurally dangerous rust. Throw on a Janek wing too. No nose or anything else. I want to do the big buck resto, daytona clone, and 5.7L swap when I get older, and have some cash.

Keeping the rust and bad paint, but put a big motor in, ultimate sleeper. "You want to race THAT Civic?" :D

superduperbee

superduperbee

Quote from: WingCharger on September 13, 2008, 08:00:23 AM
So, of the three options you have for tubular front suspensions, which one do you think would be most suited for a daily driver vehicle, with, lets say, a new 5.7L Hemi in it? :D :scratchchin:
I saw these on a car a while back in a magazine, and have really become interested in them. Dont know why? :-\

While I think the Magnumforce setup is great and well engineered, I would not recommend anyone doing business with that company. I have been waiting 2 months for shocks. The owner has not answered emails or returned phone calls. I will probably buy an upper control arm from another company since I will probably never get the correct one sent. I will probably have to buy shocks somewhere else as well, just so I can put the car on the ground and move it around to work on it.

hemi-hampton

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: superduperbee on September 16, 2008, 01:30:03 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on September 13, 2008, 08:00:23 AM

While I think the Magnumforce setup is great and well engineered, I would not recommend anyone doing business with that company. I have been waiting 2 months for shocks. The owner has not answered emails or returned phone calls. I will probably buy an upper control arm from another company since I will probably never get the correct one sent. I will probably have to buy shocks somewhere else as well, just so I can put the car on the ground and move it around to work on it.

Their product does not overcome the problems with customer service...    agreed
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

superduperbee

Has been 2 months now. I'll be looking up the California attorney general and better businesses to see about filing complaints against this company.

NMike

call your credit card company for a charge-back. just figure out the total for the one arm and the shocks. i bet you'll get a better response.

superduperbee

Quote from: NMike on September 22, 2008, 12:04:51 AM
call your credit card company for a charge-back. just figure out the total for the one arm and the shocks. i bet you'll get a better response.

Sent a cashier's check so no charge back. I will send a copy of my invoice and cancelled check to the attorney general. I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem?

superduperbee

Someone on the site has offered to sell me a set of arms. Is there any difference between 70 and 71 Charger upper control arms?