News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro Tour Charger Pics? (update)

Started by Pistolpete, February 13, 2008, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

it's not on my ebay page anymore...even though it wasn't that long ago!!! if your nice i'll go into the garage tomorrow & look at the box!!!! but all you have to do is plug in 69 camaro spoiler on ebay and they willl all pop up.. then figure out price wise, the cheapest... cause they are alllll pretty much the same... just a piece of abs plastic!!!
so there tough guy!!!!!!!! lol
:nana:
and hey...shouldn't you be in bed!?!?!?!?
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Blown70

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 05, 2008, 01:35:09 AM
it's not on my ebay page anymore...even though it wasn't that long ago!!! if your nice i'll go into the garage tomorrow & look at the box!!!! but all you have to do is plug in 69 camaro spoiler on ebay and they willl all pop up.. then figure out price wise, the cheapest... cause they are alllll pretty much the same... just a piece of abs plastic!!!
so there tough guy!!!!!!!! lol
:nana:
and hey...shouldn't you be in bed!?!?!?!?

I only paid $36 for mine?  Guess I got a good deal?  I am not going to use it I am going to make a Carbon Fiber one with Red kevlar thread,  So I will use mine only for a pattern.

HITMAN 149

hey blown...
yea they are cheap... not expensive at all... anywhere's from 35-50 bucks!!!
nice score!!!  :2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

MSRacing89

Quote from: Pistolpete on March 04, 2008, 04:50:57 PM
Think I'm going with 18x10 rear and 17x9 front - love the look of MSRacing's 68 so that kind of inspired my size set up

As far as the front spoilers go, you can just bolt on a 69 Camaro spoiler or is there much modification necessary? are they very functional or just show?

Hey Mike...............look what we started!  There is going to be a whole lot of Chargers with  :hah: Chevy parts on them.  I did not think everyone would figure out where the spoiler came from.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

Pistolpete

Hey Gang,

Just ordered the following:

1) Alterktion front and rear suspension package
2) Strange S60 rear end (w 4:10 gears)
3) Wilwood 12.19" MII 4 piston caliper w/ drilled rotors all the way around

Is anyone else running 4:10's ? I was told that with the 5 spd tranny now I should be ok with this - opinions?

Mike if you see this I may call you this weekend to pick your brain - cool?

Also, does anyone have any links to that "open road racing" circuit - I'm thinking I may go for it .......
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

moparstuart

Quote from: Pistolpete on March 13, 2008, 03:36:04 PM
Hey Gang,

Is anyone else running 4:10's ? I was told that with the 5 spd tranny now I should be ok with this - opinions?

Also, does anyone have any links to that "open road racing" circuit - I'm thinking I may go for it .......

wow even with a 5 speed i would be scared of 4:10 on the hiway    3:54/3:55 would sound better to me  :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Pistolpete

you know, thats exactly what I said but the giuy talked me out of it - Like I had nothing to worry about with the new 5 spd?
Considering I'm building her more for "Bull Run" and Open road racing style now than quarter mile I think I may consider dropping em down a bit or at the very least getting a second gear set ?
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Blown70

Quote from: Pistolpete on March 13, 2008, 03:36:04 PM
Hey Gang,

What are the gears in the 5 spd...... I would think a 3:54 would be better too, depending on what 5th is for you.

six-tee-nine

Well I won't go 4.10 anyway.
I want it to cruise comfortable also...because I won't take it to a meet on a trailer.

So considering 18" wheels with 285 45 in the back that gives you a 27" wheel. With a 4 speed you'll do approx. 80 Mph @ 3500 rev's with a 3.55 in the back.
I think 70/80 is a nice highway speed....
If you step up to a 4.10 on the otherhand you'll be close to 4500 rev's....

Afterall it's OR pro-tour OR dragster IMO there can't be an AND here.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

PocketThunder

Does this one qualify as Pro-Touring?  440 with turbo, and a 5-speed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-R-T_W0QQitemZ290208426125QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290208426125

:drool5:   :drool5:   :drool5:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

suntech

Also think that rear end ratio is too wild.
I am going 3.25, with a Mark Williams modular rearend, and a T 56, with 0.64 on 6th. ( 2,97 on first)
I think the 5 speed is app 0,75 on 5th, so i would go a lot higher than 4,10!! :Twocents:
Build the engine for torque, and put long legs on it!!! :D :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Pistolpete on March 13, 2008, 03:51:22 PM
you know, thats exactly what I said but the giuy talked me out of it - Like I had nothing to worry about with the new 5 spd?
Considering I'm building her more for "Bull Run" and Open road racing style now than quarter mile I think I may consider dropping em down a bit or at the very least getting a second gear set ?

If my Charger had 4.10 gears instead of the 3.54s , First gear would be useless! I have a 27" tire (approx.)

I wouldnt go with 4.10s unless you plan on some pretty tall tires.  :Twocents:

PS I also have a 5 speed.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

suntech

QuoteI am not going to use it I am going to make a Carbon Fiber one with Red kevlar thread,  So I will use mine only for a pattern.

Very good idea!! :2thumbs: Planning on doing the same stuff, but with the complete front valance, with integrated spoiler.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Blown70

Quote from: suntech on March 13, 2008, 04:29:37 PM
QuoteI am not going to use it I am going to make a Carbon Fiber one with Red kevlar thread,  So I will use mine only for a pattern.

Very good idea!! :2thumbs: Planning on doing the same stuff, but with the complete front valance, with integrated spoiler.

WOW that will be  :2thumbs:.  What color you going with for the kevlar thread?  Or that maybe top Secret....  I am going to pattern mine a bit different as it seems everyone would have the same I would like a bit of a different but yet cool look..... I have plenty of fabic so I may be making a few mistakes....

GOOD LUCK and let us see that when you are done!!! :2thumbs:

HITMAN 149

that's that raffle charger from michigan that out of state residents COULDN'T get in on!! he's had it on ebay 2-3 times already!!! frigggggin sweet car!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

autodynamics

for rear end formula....u can use this i did mine with 3:91 with overdrive, http://www.keislerauto.com/tools/mopar_analyzer_5sp.html with the stick.try it i think its very useful...Pete

OttawaCharger

Pete,
It seems to me that every good Pro-touring car needs to have name.  What did you name your car?   :D
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

suntech

QuoteWOW that will be  .  What color you going with for the kevlar thread?  Or that maybe top Secret.... 
Hehe, on secret, depending a little on body color. There are som many different colors, so it is kinda cool to have something that matches the rest of the car. The color i am thinking about for my car, will be black carbon. :yesnod:

Blown70

Quote from: suntech on March 14, 2008, 01:23:34 PM
QuoteWOW that will be  .  What color you going with for the kevlar thread?  Or that maybe top Secret.... 
Hehe, on secret, depending a little on body color. There are som many different colors, so it is kinda cool to have something that matches the rest of the car. The color i am thinking about for my car, will be black carbon. :yesnod:

Check your PM's

autodynamics

Quote from: OttawaCharger on March 14, 2008, 12:15:23 PM
Pete,
It seems to me that every good Pro-touring car needs to have name.  What did you name your car?   :D
ovrchrgd..

Pistolpete

Hey gang,

I think I am going to drop it down to 3.90's or 3.56's - I really need this thing to perform on the highway.....thanks for the input.
As far as a name for the charger? I'm kinda liking GRIM REAPER or maybe just REAPER ? - I think it kinda works with the (eventual) gun metal and black paint scheme!
That reminds me I'll post a pic of the colour test panel we did - LOVIN' IT!!

gonna paint the engine compartment now while the engine is being overhauled  (yes I decided to do a monster 440 rather than Hemi crate) and do all the "GO" stuff this year, drive it in the summer, then all the "SHOW" stuff next year (body/Paint trim)
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Blown70

Quote from: Pistolpete on March 15, 2008, 10:34:14 AM
Hey gang,

I think I am going to drop it down to 3.90's or 3.56's - I really need this thing to perform on the highway.....thanks for the input.
As far as a name for the charger? I'm kinda liking GRIM REAPER or maybe just REAPER ? - I think it kinda works with the (eventual) gun metal and black paint scheme!
That reminds me I'll post a pic of the colour test panel we did - LOVIN' IT!!

gonna paint the engine compartment now while the engine is being overhauled  (yes I decided to do a monster 440 rather than Hemi crate) and do all the "GO" stuff this year, drive it in the summer, then all the "SHOW" stuff next year (body/Paint trim)

I think that is a good Idea with the Gear.  Esp for all else you have going on with the build.  I think the 4:10 would be wayyyy to much.

Like the name.....

suntech

Go at least down to 3.56. It will make it soooooooooooo much nicer on the highway!!:2thumbs:

nitrousn

Quote from: autodynamics on March 13, 2008, 05:24:07 PM
for rear end formula....u can use this i did mine with 3:91 with overdrive, http://www.keislerauto.com/tools/mopar_analyzer_5sp.html with the stick.try it i think its very useful...Pete

It depends on which OD ratio. I had my dana 60 built with 3:73 and I will run the :62 OD ratio. The 5 speed with the 3:73 gear is like the 883 with a 4:10.

Pistolpete

some update pics........
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd