News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro Tour Charger Pics? (update)

Started by Pistolpete, February 13, 2008, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

:scope:

And from the looks of things you have to give up on hair...  :lol:

o.k. I'm sorry.. :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 22, 2008, 10:33:32 AM

:scope:

And from the looks of things you have to give up on hair...  :lol:

o.k. I'm sorry.. :shruggy:
OMG  i'm LMAO
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

suntech

QuoteAnd from the looks of things you have to give up on hair... 

Hehe................... exactly!!!

A real pro-tourer spend the money on gas and tires,  instead of hairdressers :2thumbs:

QuoteI would say ultimate goal in a "pro-touring" car is out perform a newer, comparable car, on any road condition or in any weather.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

six-tee-nine

I personally like the addition of modern days comfort stuff like power windows and remote central locking doors but of course It has to stay old school so no aftermarket plastic buttons for the power windows

For me towards the Charger it means better brakes, better handling and safer electrics  :icon_smile_tongue:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

NYCMille

Whattya' mean... I'm not even in those pics!

Pistolpete

BWAHAHAHA..........thats hilarious!! never noticed that it was a "curly" convention!

Mike you get a bye this round....we've seen you on TV............unless that was rug..............hmmmmm

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Pistolpete

BTW, I agree a pro tour car should perform and handle like a modern day sportscar (or better) without looking like it from the exterior. At least thats the plan anyway.

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

and it starts.................

just picked up my new Kiessler/Tremec 5 spd. set up yesterday and am taking her to the shop.......
ordering my alterktion front end this week, looking at a strange S90 rear end - anyone used strange set ups before or have opinions?
looking (half heartedly) at hemi crate engines - dont suppose anyone has an inside track on where to get one without having to rename my first born son?

Lastly, think I'm going to go with Duponts "Gun Metal" Hot Hues colour - lovin' it!!!!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

suntech

Awsome Pistolpete!
Great to see more pro touring freaks here :2thumbs:
Have you consithered Mark williams rearend ?( modular)  Strong and light!!!
The Dana and Strange are big and heavy, so you will have a lot of unsprung weight :rotz:
As far as Crate engine, i assume you are going hemi.  I would get it professionally buildt, and dynoed. There has been a number of people not beeing happy with crate engines.
Contact Tim Manning, at For Hemis Only. A great guy to deal with.
Hope everything works out grat with the Keisler kit. Has been some here on the forum that has unhappy with the service. Lets hope everything works well.
Rolf
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Blown70

Maybe Tim Banning?  From For hemi's only?  You like to call him Manning for some reason there skippy?

MSRacing89

:yesnod:  She is coming around, no Tremec yet.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

Hemidog

man, that picture makes me seriously consider losing the front bumperrettes....  :scratchchin:

suntech

QuoteMaybe Tim Banning?  From For hemi's only?  You like to call him Manning for some reason there skippy?

Hehe sorry!!! My hearing is not what it used to be, so i guess i heard wrong!! :brickwall: :brickwall:

MSRacing89: Love the stance on your car!! Is it 18 front and rear ??

six-tee-nine

I backed away of the Keisler 5 speed because I heard not enough positive feedback on it. Id just scared me off a little. Several people think they're not capable of the rated 600 hp?

Maybe a little less pro touring but I'm putting a 18 spline 4 speed in my 69.

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

moparstuart

Quote from: six-tee-nine on February 28, 2008, 02:01:36 PM
I backed away of the Keisler 5 speed because I heard not enough positive feedback on it. Id just scared me off a little. Several people think they're not capable of the rated 600 hp?

Maybe a little less pro touring but I'm putting a 18 spline 4 speed in my 69.
add the over drive unit !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemidog

Quote from: suntech on February 28, 2008, 01:35:16 PM
QuoteMaybe Tim Banning?  From For hemi's only?  You like to call him Manning for some reason there skippy?

Hehe sorry!!! My hearing is not what it used to be, so i guess i heard wrong!! :brickwall: :brickwall:

MSRacing89: Love the stance on your car!! Is it 18 front and rear ??

19 x 10's and 18 x 9's

Pistolpete

Wow, thats surprising - I've heard nothing but good things about the Tremec 5 speed...........but thanks for raining on my parade....LOL

BTW, what are the tire sizes are you running on your 68 MSR?

Look like 295's in the back? did you have to make any mods?
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

six-tee-nine

Quoteadd the over drive unit !

Why?   try to make me feel positive about it......
I can't afford issues with it cuz I'm in Europe and will not ship the thing back an forth a dozen times even under warrantee....

suntech

QuoteI backed away of the Keisler 5 speed because I heard not enough positive feedback on it. Id just scared me off a little. Several people think they're not capable of the rated 600 hp?

I was also thinking about Keisler for a while, but i wanted the T-56 (6 speed). When i called them, they were not very helpful, and did not want to sell me anything else than a std 5 speed kit, and when i asked a bunch of questions, and asked for different solutions, he kinda cut me off with " are you going to order a kit or not?"  I said yes, but i guess not from you, dumbass!!
I am getting a T-56 6 speed, rated to 1200 hp/1000 lbs from D&D Performance. They can build something that works :2thumbs:

Blown70

Quote from: suntech on February 28, 2008, 03:28:46 PM
QuoteI backed away of the Keisler 5 speed because I heard not enough positive feedback on it. Id just scared me off a little. Several people think they're not capable of the rated 600 hp?

I was also thinking about Keisler for a while, but i wanted the T-56 (6 speed). When i called them, they were not very helpful, and did not want to sell me anything else than a std 5 speed kit, and when i asked a bunch of questions, and asked for different solutions, he kinda cut me off with " are you going to order a kit or not?"  I said yes, but i guess not from you, dumbass!!
I am getting a T-56 6 speed, rated to 1200 hp/1000 lbs from D&D Performance. They can build something that works :2thumbs:

Do you have to alter your stock tunnel to run that?   Seems to me like it may need to be?

Pistolpete

Wow, thats really weird, I had nothing but a pleasant experience with them.........
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Go Hogs Go

My old ride. 472 Hemi, SSBC 4-wheel disc, .96 torsion bars, SS springs, KYB shocks, firm feel steering box, and 18" Magnums. The one I'm doing now will have torq thrust M wheels and has a 500 h.p. 440 that saved me about 20g's.
Go Hogs!

Blown70

Quote from: Pistolpete on February 28, 2008, 03:39:31 PM
Wow, thats really weird, I had nothing but a pleasant experience with them.........

I think the concern seems if you need any type of warranty or technical support.  At least from what I have seen here. :shruggy:

Khyron

Quote from: Pistolpete on February 28, 2008, 09:50:26 AM

looking (half heartedly) at hemi crate engines - dont suppose anyone has an inside track on where to get one without having to rename my first born son?

I know i'm going to catch crap for this, but I would highy suggest going with a 440. You can make just as much if not more horse power, and have better reliability and not having to give up a kid and a home for it.  :Twocents:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Go Hogs Go

Quote from: Khyron on February 28, 2008, 03:47:05 PM
Quote from: Pistolpete on February 28, 2008, 09:50:26 AM

I know i'm going to catch crap for this, but I would highy suggest going with a 440. You can make just as much if not more horse power, and have better reliability and not having to give up a kid and a home for it.  :Twocents:

I highly second that. I've had two Hemi's, and I still have one. I just built a 440 with 500 h.p. for $3800. Best decision I ever made. Instead of constantly maintaing and tuning the Hemi I'm burning rubber out on the road with 440. I'll never build another Hemi for a driver.
Go Hogs!