News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro Tour Charger Pics? (update)

Started by Pistolpete, February 13, 2008, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttawaCharger

ovrchrgd - very cool!  ;D
Reaper I like too.  :2thumbs: 
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Lostsheep

My goal is to get my Charger to the pro touring point. My 70 Fastback that I sold right before I got my Charger was well on her way. Y'alls Chargers look incredible!!!

suntech

Yup, the stance in the stang was nice :2thumbs: What size wheels are that?
I am going 18 on the Charger, both front and rear. I am not in to staggered wheels.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Lostsheep on June 10, 2008, 11:40:03 PM
My goal is to get my Charger to the pro touring point. My 70 Fastback that I sold right before I got my Charger was well on her way. Y'alls Chargers look incredible!!!

Nice Mustang!  :drool5:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

0X01B8

Quote from: Pistolpete on March 15, 2008, 10:34:14 AM
Hey gang,

I think I am going to drop it down to 3.90's or 3.56's - I really need this thing to perform on the highway.....thanks for the input.

http://vexer.com/68rt/speed.html

Blakcharger440

I too have heard way too many negative things about the Keisler 5spd swap. And from what I have read you do have to cut into your trans tunnel for a 68-70 Bbody even if your car is already an orginal 4 speed car...I didnt want to do it for that reason.

I have heard that Passon offers a Hemi 833 4speed with an overdrive gear installed so I will probably be going that route because there would be no cutting and I would still get the benefit of overdrive....plus I think that the Passon trans would be stronger than the Tremec if I remember correctly which is a good thing if you are pushing 600 HP.

suntech

QuotePasson trans would be stronger than the Tremec if I remember correctly which is a good thing if you are pushing 600 HP.
D&D performance and Rockland Standard Gear has both T-56 Tremec´s that will hold up to 1200 hp. That , toghether with a dual disc clutch should hold up to pretty much whatever you can throw at it!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Lostsheep

Quote from: suntech on June 11, 2008, 12:07:04 AM
Yup, the stance in the stang was nice :2thumbs: What size wheels are that?
I am going 18 on the Charger, both front and rear. I am not in to staggered wheels.

Thanks.. I miss that car. I had 17x11's with a 315/35 on rear and 17 x 8's with a 255/35 on the front. The front tires turned out to be a smidge too big, the driverside got trimmed pretty good by the fender. :lol: The suspension was wicked stiff but I went over a large dip way too fast. :brickwall:

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on June 11, 2008, 08:30:57 AM
Nice Mustang! :drool5:

Thanks!! :cheers:

dodgey68

Quote from: MSRacing89 on February 28, 2008, 06:14:40 PM
Quote from: Pistolpete on February 28, 2008, 03:19:53 PM
Wow, thats surprising - I've heard nothing but good things about the Tremec 5 speed...........but thanks for raining on my parade....LOL

BTW, what are the tire sizes are you running on your 68 MSR?

Look like 295's in the back? did you have to make any mods?

295's are correct.  Once you get into 19", the choices are limited.  Its a 27" tire and almost 12" wide. No mods were required    I worked hard to get the baclspacing correct.  For a small fee I will tell you. :icon_smile_big:

nice ride and stance
if the rears are 27" tall,,, do you or did you stay with the same height for the front?,
i am guessing you got 295/35/19 for the rear, not an easy tyre to get  to make the 27"tall,
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

Dukes69

Quote from: autodynamics on February 19, 2008, 12:17:35 AM

Killer car!! :2thumbs:

Most Mopar pro tourers are way more subtle then Chevy counter parts.  I like that!   :drool5:

J-440

Ya'll mentioned Keisler's tranny was a little "iffy" with toughness, cutting the tunnel, and lack of tech support.  What about a Gear Vendors unit?  You get a 6 speed auto, direct bolt-in, and for the same price as a Keisler.  Plus it'll handle up to 1500 horses and turns a 4.10 gear into a 3.23 on the highway.  Just throwing it out there Pete. :icon_smile_big:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

69charger440

Quote from: J-440 on January 20, 2010, 09:17:52 PM
  Ya'll mentioned Keisler's tranny was a little "iffy" with toughness, cutting the tunnel, and lack of tech support.  What about a Gear Vendors unit?  You get a 6 speed auto, direct bolt-in, and for the same price as a Keisler.  Plus it'll handle up to 1500 horses and turns a 4.10 gear into a 3.23 on the highway.  Just throwing it out there Pete. :icon_smile_big:

Dont know anything about them?? Can you make me smarter. :shruggy: I have a 727 TF, is the gear vendor a 727? how may speeds does it have? I was running 3:91's at 4000 RPM! Want to change this and possible have 4:10 gears! Anyway to accomplish this? Thanks J-440
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

OttawaCharger

If you can wait a bit, The Macleod M-800 5-Speed Transmission is supposed to be released.  Apparently, less money, no hacking and a stronger tranny.  Of course, that's all just marketing until someone tries it but it looks promising.

69charger440 - the 727 is a 3 speed, non-overdrive automatic.  The Gear vendor unit goes on the back (actually replaces the very back part) and it is a 2 speed auto gear box.  So in the end, you have 3x2 gears with your top gear being overdriven.  There is a lot of good info here on the forum on the GV unit.   :cheers:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

69charger440

Quote from: OttawaCharger on January 20, 2010, 10:07:46 PM
If you can wait a bit, The Macleod M-800 5-Speed Transmission is supposed to be released.  Apparently, less money, no hacking and a stronger tranny.  Of course, that's all just marketing until someone tries it but it looks promising.

69charger440 - the 727 is a 3 speed, non-overdrive automatic.  The Gear vendor unit goes on the back (actually replaces the very back part) and it is a 2 speed auto gear box.  So in the end, you have 3x2 gears with your top gear being overdriven.  There is a lot of good info here on the forum on the GV unit.   :cheers:

So do they supply the hole transmission or just the bolt on overdrive? And how much are these bad boys!!!? I want an automatic transmission, driving on California hi ways is a pain with a stick shift! 

b5blue

GV is just the back part of the tranny you supply the front part, they are around 3K and then modifications, shorter drive shaft, and such are more. 

69charger440

SO what would be the best way to go? Does the TKO 600 have an automatic transmission adapted to a 440(500 stroker :D)?

b5blue

If you do a "search" here for gear vendors you will find links to others (with photos) and details, it's not cheap!  :eek2:

J-440

69...just like Ottawa said, it will turn your 3 speed into a 6 speed OD.  It is a 99% bolt-on affair with a 1/4 size dimple with a ball pean hammer in one area of the tunnel and then your good to go.  If you have 3.90 gears, you'll be smooth sailing on the hwy.  Took me about an hour to hook it up.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

DodgeChargerNeeded

Jeff

69charger440

HITMAN 149

if i remember correctly??... its a ford gt blue.. i forget what year??? but there is a thread all about it!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

1974dodgecharger

great convo. from the greats that have moved on  :2thumbs: