News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Welcome to DodgeCharger.com

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 01:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Greetings everyone! If you're here it probably means you've managed to find your way out of the devastation of the latest Dodge-Charger.com mishap. I'd love to say that I have a detailed explanation of what happened but I honestly don't. I had hope that a miracle would happen and we'd have the old board back but that hope dissipated rather quickly as the days went by without any news - good or bad. All backup and contigency plans pretty much backfired and the frustration finally set in. So, after many phone calls and serious discussions with key members (and family and friends), a decision was made to start something new in an attempt to continue the awesome community that we all enjoyed.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control I won't be able to pick up the thousands of threads made over the last several years from D-C.com and repost them here. However, I am working to restore all of the technical information in an organized and searchable format - but that will take a bit of time and a lot of effort. There is a basic plan in place to get things moving again and restoring what we had as well as making overall improvements when possible. I'll do my best to keep everyone informed and involved as we move forward. I am attempting to get some graphics and a decent layout made up but this all happened on very short notice and I didn't want to wait until things were perfect to get rolling. There will be many changes for the foreseeable future so please bear with me through the construction. I'll start adding more boards and features as we recover.

Thanks!
Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Johnny SixPack

Well, I had a feeling it might go down like this, so it's no shocker. ::)

It's still unbelievable that we're at this point, but there's no use in holding onto past now I guess. :'(

Troy, thank you (+ Chris and Neil) for crusading to find/create us a new home. ;D

Here's to this being better than what we had before. 8)

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Mefirst

Thanks Troy.. I have a feeling this site will be awsome..

/Tom

Lostsheep

Fingers are crossed, and thanks for getting this goin for us! ;D

NHCharger

Thanks for all your effort Troy. I'm going to miss re-reading the " So I got my back waxed thread".
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Thanks Troy! You got all my support! ;D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Telvis

Thanks Troy. Let us know if you need anything. I'm ready to make the fiirst donation to the new site. Just let me know where to send it. I'm sure there are others that feel the same.

chargermick

A big thanks to Troy, once again you have dug us out of the ashes. This new board is really exciting because we won't have to keep worrying about when the next crash will occur. Regarding the new name, I don't really care what we call it. As long as we have the same mods and the same people it will be our new home. Thanks one more time to Troy, and as soon as you set up a way to make donations, count me in.
Mick

Just 6T9 CHGR

Well Troy, looks like you did it now.........your in for it buddy! 8)

Looks like a great start to a new beginning.   Hopefully the masses can migrate here in some way.

I will miss D-C.com since I was there from its inception, but honestly I can't pledge my allegiance there anymore.   I'm glad Troy has come up with a plan to start fresh and yet try and salvage some of the "good stuff"

Even if D-C.com eventually comes back I suggest a ban on the site so that Jesse cannot dupe anyone else again.

Strength comes in numbers.   Lets make this site stronger than the last!

Welcome alll!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Telvis

Yep...What he just said.

694spdRT

Thanks Troy for all of your hard work to get a Charger site up and running again for all of us. I too have grown tired of the on again off again problems at D-C.com and will stick with the new site. As stated before it is the members that make the site not the site that makes the members.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

2muchrust

Thank you thank you ect...

topbanana

I knew the site had been going through some crap for a while, not just recently. And honestly I hadn't been on here for quite a while, but was able to register again with the same username and password as before. Thanks Troy for all your time and work and it was great to get to personally meet you at Carlisle as part of the c-c.c group. Thanks for your efforts and hang in there Mopar bud, the ride may be bumpy at first but when the smoke clears (from the burn out) the Mopar will cross the finish line first!

Paul G

Thanks for all the work Troy and Mods. I have only been on Dodge-Charger for a couple of years but it became a warm and fuzzy place for me. Getting everything working on my 73 would not have been as easy as it was without the help I got from D-C crew. Post up a donation place when you are ready, think about bringing in vendor adds as well. They can help support the site and with the extra cash you can make it better than you ever thought.   
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

dart3404

alenglish

Quote from: Telvis on July 18, 2005, 06:33:08 AM
Thanks Troy. Let us know if you need anything. I'm ready to make the fiirst donation to the new site. Just let me know where to send it. I'm sure there are others that feel the same.

I'm sure  there are lots  either  here or  comming in soon  that will   help,  me included    let us know         Big Al
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

smasherofall

I wasn't a member very long, but it turned into my favorite site. I'm looking forward to this one being better!!! thanks very much....... :) ;)

River

69 Charger  R/T    Q5      C5X

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Drache

Starts Singing:

"Welcome to the Forum, We got fun and games, We got everything you want, buddy, we know the names, We are the people that can find, Whatever you may need, If you got the money, honey
We got your Dodge!"
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JimShine

I must say, it feels good. Clean slate and a new beginning. Good job!

Neal_J

Me too:

Adios D-C.com

Hello whatever.com

Thanks Troy & mods.

Neal

Chris G.

Nice job fellas! There's no looking back now. d-c.com was a great place, and it's sad how it ended. Knowing what I know now, I am glad I never defended Jesse.

Good Luck with the site, and when do t-shirts become available? :P :D

Mass_Mopar

Thanks, I too was getting weary of the old format
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun