News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I wanted my own Charger thread

Started by terrible one, February 08, 2008, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Quote from: WingCharger on December 22, 2008, 10:14:07 AM
Dude, I love your Charger! The paint is going to be mean, and the Slot's look really cool. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Thank you man. I appreciate that! I guess I need to move my actual questions to a different section though.

Still uploading pictures from the afternoon I got it home:

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

terrible one

Whew, alright!

This thread is about to get interesting. I've just ordered:

-Addco front sway bar
-Comp Cams timing gear set
-Comp Cams valve springs
-Aluminum radiator
-Carpet
-Door panels
-Front calipers,hoses and pads
-Rear drum hardware and drums
-Fuel Sending Unit
-Fuel Tank
-Fuel Lines
-Stainless fuel tank straps (So I had to splurge on something, right? Shiny!)
-Lightweight mini starter, shield, hardware
-Flexplate
-Aluminum water pump and housing
-Billet waterneck
-Alternator

I'm also going to get on the phone Monday and probably end up giving Firm Feel some money for a Stage 2 box, and get a Flaming River coupler to top off my steering upgrade. Also a torque converter . . . that might be it?

I'm EXCITED! If everything goes according to plan (which it rarely does) the car will be on the road in February! (With no heater though  :rotz:)  :2thumbs:

"Just got home" pictures continued:

terrible one

Some of the stuff has started to show up!

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

WingCharger

Steve P.

I spy a PTC converter. Which one did you get? Where from? Price?

I ask as this is one of the next pieces I need...

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

69bronzeT5

Quote from: terrible one on January 12, 2009, 12:27:11 AM

Looks like your grille needs to be painted...it'll make a huge difference :2thumbs:

terrible one

Quote from: Steve P. on January 12, 2009, 08:22:15 PM
I spy a PTC converter. Which one did you get? Where from? Price?

I ask as this is one of the next pieces I need...

:cheers:

Hey man,

I got the 11" PTC converter from Cope Racing Transmissions. . . after getting my engine info they spec'd me at a 2400-2600 stall speed (they have it built by PTC and drop-shipped to me, makes me feel special). The total was $304.00 to my door! Not bad in my opinion.

Pictures continued:

terrible one

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 12, 2009, 08:54:17 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 12, 2009, 12:27:11 AM

Looks like your grille needs to be painted...it'll make a huge difference :2thumbs:

Yeah but then the rest of the car would look even worse!

More pictures I took the day I got the car home:

Steve P.

Quote from: terrible one on January 13, 2009, 12:21:29 AM

Hey man,

I got the 11" PTC converter from Cope Racing Transmissions. . . after getting my engine info they spec'd me at a 2400-2600 stall speed (they have it built by PTC and drop-shipped to me, makes me feel special). The total was $304.00 to my door! Not bad in my opinion.

Wow!! That's a bunch cheaper than the 9.5 inch I need.....

Thanks for the info...

Steve
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

terrible one

Quote from: Steve P. on January 13, 2009, 12:25:37 AM
Quote from: terrible one on January 13, 2009, 12:21:29 AM

Hey man,

Wow!! That's a bunch cheaper than the 9.5 inch I need.....

Thanks for the info...

Steve

Yeah man, I sure wouldn't know why but everywhere I looked the smaller diameters were $150-300 more so I would imagine so! For the record, John Cope was an AWESOME guy to deal with.

skip68

:o  9.5 in.  :shruggy:   Will that be a 4000rpm stall?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

terrible one

Even the small things bring a huge smile to my face!  :icon_smile_big:

I've had Christmas for about a week now!

And the last of the pictures from the day I got it home:

Steve P.

T-one,

Yes, Cope seems to be a pretty great guy. I had some questions for him a few years back and he was more than willing to help me out. I thinked him for his time and help and he told me to call him anytime weather I was buying from him or just needed more info, he didn't mind at all...  Great guy...

Where is that purdy carb you bought??

Chuck,

Yes, there abouts. It much depends on the power the individual motor is putting out though, but yes, in that neighborhood. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

terrible one

Quote from: Steve P. on January 13, 2009, 08:01:23 PM
T-one,

Yes, Cope seems to be a pretty great guy. I had some questions for him a few years back and he was more than willing to help me out. I thinked him for his time and help and he told me to call him anytime weather I was buying from him or just needed more info, he didn't mind at all...  Great guy...

Where is that purdy carb you bought??

Chuck,

Yes, there abouts. It much depends on the power the individual motor is putting out though, but yes, in that neighborhood. 

It's sitting on top of my Edelbrock RPM of course!  :2thumbs:

You'll see it in this thread pretty soon I hope. I probably won't get down to the machine shop tomorrow but Thursday I hope to have those springs switched out and then it's just torquing the engine together and putting it in!

I'm more than ready for this shit man! I have to do something about my trunk floor though before I put the new gas tank in. I'm definitely not down for replacing the pan but I need SOMETHING. I'm guessing right now I'll just saw the bad shit out and get a piece of sheet metal cut to replace it with. Won't be pretty but it will be functional!

Steve P.

You may want to rethink that sheet metal fix buddy.  :scratchchin:  Your new gas tank will be sandwiched between the straps and that trunk floor.....   

I just saw a trunk floor for it on EBAY. Used, but out of a 68 or 9 B body.  It had a pretty cheap buy it now price.... You should look.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

terrible one

Quote from: Steve P. on January 13, 2009, 09:40:25 PM
You may want to rethink that sheet metal fix buddy.  :scratchchin:  Your new gas tank will be sandwiched between the straps and that trunk floor.....   

I just saw a trunk floor for it on EBAY. Used, but out of a 68 or 9 B body.  It had a pretty cheap buy it now price.... You should look.....

What makes you think so? I don't really see any other option . . . I have no welding equipment or anything like that anyways. I didn't see the trunk floor you were looking at on Ebay I don't guess, but the way I see it if I cut the bad shit out and then just put a temporary bit of sheet over it, no harm done there. Later, I can go back and cut the whole bitch out and weld in a new one?

Steve P.

I just looked for it too. I was going to add the link. I guess someone hit the buy it now and it's gone.  Sorry..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

terrible one

Just got an exciting package in today! It's my restored instrument cluster from Mike (lilwendal). Before and after pictures . . .

69bronzeT5

Awesome man! Did you get the alt. gauge converted too?

The70RT

Coooool.......did you have the bezel rechromed?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

terrible one

Cody,

Nah, it's still an amp gauge. I may get around to sending it out sometime but it's money that could go elsewhere right now. The car is bone stock when it comes to wiring, and it will stay that way for a while at least, so I think it'll be fine.

70RT,

Mike touched this bezel up for me really well! It's not new or rechromed however, but the rest of the bezels and things like armrest bases, etc. are in such bad shape that it will put them to shame as is!

Eventually I decided to at least make it all the same color, spray paint . . .

aone415

T-One the car is coming along nicely... The gauge cluster looks great!  I can't wait to hear that thing fired up!

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.