News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ebay STRIKE !!! no buying or selling Febuary 18 to 25

Started by migsBIG, February 05, 2008, 07:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

migsBIG

Don't cross the picket line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4MtVPuU9-Q

Ebay STRIKE !!! no buying or selling Febuary 18 to 25
Heck, if you don't even go there to view during that time, that would be best!
show how your not happy with them.

Shakey

I have no issues with e-bay. 

What's your gripe?

Seems to me this would be a great time to get some deals on whatever is available.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Badbob

My current eBay feedback score is 283, 99% positive, It's been very good for me.  :2thumbs:

Bob

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Ebay strike, yeah right.  If you want to see ebay go down, start up a company and do it right.  Give them some competition.  I dont like ebay at all but they get the job done (usually).

terrible one

I'm cool with Ebay. They do more for the sellers than the buyers, as that's where the money comes from, but I've had an overall good experience. Remember, most of the time it's the individuals that fuck it up. Ebay is just not the best at solving things. Don't know my thoughts on Paypal though. . .

69charger2002

paypal blows. i still accept it, but the convenience is not worth the 3%. that is just silly. especially on large amounts.. i don't have a problem with ebay overal, but man every time you list a vehicle and get stiffed on it with a 0 feedback bidder etc. as a seller your hands are tied.. and since it's roughly $50 to list and $50 when it ends.. you have to wait a week to turn them in, then another 8 days to get your $50 final fee back. so let's recap. 7 day auction, 3-4 days of realizing your guy isn't gonna go through on it, gotta wait a week to turn him in, then 8 days.. geez just over 3 weeks before you can "legally" relist and hope it sells the second time around so you can get your first $50 back. so your "put it on ebay fast to get some money" turns into a 1 month + adventure with a lot of BS involved... it happens on every other car i sell now seems like, and there isn't anything you can do about it.. prosecuting is a joke.. and ebay doesn't do anything.. a strike against your account.. OH NO!!! lol it's so easy to make a new account
rant off
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger1973

A lot of times when I list on ebay anymore I use a fixed price and require immediate payment.  That stops a lot of the BS, but kind of defeats the purpose of an "auction".

ChgrSteve67

So a seller is pissed at the rate increases and wants the buyers to stop buying?
Shouldn't he just move on and stop selling on ebay if he doesn't like the fees?
There are other auction sites out there.

I have sold a few things without any problems. The paypal fees are steeper than the posting fees.
At least if your selling something you still have your product, ebay to go after for you posting fees and you haven't incurred any shipping costs. Your just out the time to wait then relist the product again.

I have had problems with more than a few power sellers misrepresenting their product, selling product they don't even have in their possession or flat out not shipping it at all and saying it must have got lost in the mail. Paying for insurance and then trying to get the shipping company to pay up is a real pain in the ass, not to mention you will never get what you paid for.

Ebay looks the other way when it comes to the sellers, and if your a really bad seller.....
Like Trav said, "it's so easy to make a new account"

41husk

This is much like those, "don't buy gas on this date schemes" in theory they sound good, but realisticly never work.  I have never sold on ebay, but have bought often, To often.  It is an addction I used to bid on items I really did not need because it seemed like a good deal, or over pay on items I get carried away with on the auction.  I had my account stollen a couple of years back.  e mailed E-bay cancelled my account and have never started another.  I still lurk and sometimes miss out on things I could really use, but overall my E bay withdraw is gone. People who are a addicted are not gonna let that great deal auction exspire.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

migsBIG

No guys, it's not spam. I'ts an organized boycott of ebay doing alot of very uncool stuff.
FInal Value Fee's are going UP 66%
a dishonest person can leave you feedback, but as a seller you can't
reserve pricing to go up $2.00
IF you use paypal, they will now hold your cash for 21 days bebore they release it

That is way overboard and a bit excessive. It's being posted on the mopar sites and has a few decent amount of hits.
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4166616&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Dodge Don

Go build your own EBAY and do it all for free if you think it is that easy......in the meantime I have no issues with EBAY.

Tilar

Quote from: Dodge Don on February 05, 2008, 06:36:39 PM
Go build your own EBAY and do it all for free if you think it is that easy......in the meantime I have no issues with EBAY.
Someone already has... Right here
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ChgrSteve67

I have always had a problem with sellers holding a buyers feedback hostage.
I buy and immediately pay. Seller doesn't hold up their end so they get neg feed back then retaliate by giving the buyer neg feed back.
I usually don't give feedback unless the seller gives feedback first. As a buyer I could care less if I get feedback or not.
I have always though that giving a buyer feedback was stupid.

ChgrSteve67

Feedback changes starting in May? Talk about dragging your feet.

I'm happy to hear about the feedback changes.
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200801.shtml#2008-01-29054823

Direct Quote from the notice.
~~~
Today, the biggest issue with the system is that buyers are more afraid than ever to leave honest, accurate feedback because of the threat of retaliation. In fact, when buyers have a bad experience on eBay, the final straw for many of them is getting a negative feedback, especially of a retaliatory nature.

Now, we realize that feedback has been a two-way street, but our data shows a disturbing trend, which is that sellers leave retaliatory feedback eight times more frequently than buyers do ... and this figure is up dramatically from only a few years ago.
~~~

Also in reading about the holding of funds for 21 days, it only applies to sellers with a rating of less than 95% and funds are released as soon as positive feedback is given to the seller.  Whats the problem with that?
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200801.shtml#2008-01-29061132

JimShine

I can live with the Pay Pal fee. But I also lived with taking a 4% whack on credit card purchases in the 90's. Taking the hit has been part of life since surcharging became illegal.

The final auction fees suck, but I stll get more money for stuff on eBay even after all fees are paid than anywhere else.

Lord Warlock

Paypal has made things so much cheaper to do business online than it was in the 90s before the internet.  I had to pay for a merchant cc account back then to process orders and for low volume sales, and i'd love to have paid 4%.  The fees were over a grand to start with just for equipment.  Instead now i can sell something and at least verify i got funds online with no need to pay merchant fees. 

I'll live with the horrors of paypal for now. 
As far as Ebay goes, I try to avoid it if i can, only because looking usually means finding, finding involves spending, spending begets debt, debt begets a worried wife, worried wife begets a living hell for me.  So to make life easier, i only search ebay when i know i'm ready to buy something.  Then i use it to determine how close to a new price it will be and then decide for instant gratification at a local store or save a few bucks and endure shipping times. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Khyron

it's funny, I have never..... ever used Ebay. Nor do I intend too.

So my question is, I can live without it, why can't the people that don't like it?

I'm not taking sides. I just don't care enough to ... well, care.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

rav440

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on February 05, 2008, 06:58:39 PM
I have always had a problem with sellers holding a buyers feedback hostage.
I buy and immediately pay. Seller doesn't hold up their end so they get neg feed back then retaliate by giving the buyer neg feed back.
I usually don't give feedback unless the seller gives feedback first. As a buyer I could care less if I get feedback or not.
I have always though that giving a buyer feedback was stupid.

its up to the buyer it leave feedback first in my book . when i first started selling on ebay years ago i always left feedback when the item was paid for but alot of the buyers would not do their part and leave feedback . so i started waiting till the buyer left FB then i would give them FB this method works well . im not holding anything hostage . i just feel that when the buyer get thier item they won the ball is in their court .
last year i did a little test i sold 20 items and left FB as soon as the item was paid for out of 20 i got 3 FB . the buyer is less likely to leave FB once they have recived the item and FB was left for them , as a seller your more likley to leave feedback because your more active on ebay and there are reminders on you ebay page .

as for the strike IM IN  :cheers:

i just hope alot of sellers do the same , the fact the ebay is making a change that sellers no longer have the right to leave negitive feedback is wrong  :flame: out of over 400 sales i have yet to give negitive FB nor do i want to , but i have canseled bids of buyers with neg FB .
im not sure why ebay is waging war on sellers  :shruggy: after all thats where they get the $$$ from not the buyers .

i guess well just have to wait and see .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

bill440rt

I agree with the Paypal fees being too high. eBay whacks you to post an auction, then the final value fee, then Paypal hits you with another fee. This may be better once the initial posting fees & gallery goes down, that will help on unsold items.

For the feedback issue, as a seller I always wait until I know the buyer has received their item & leaves feedback for me. The transaction is only truly complete once I know the buyer receives their item & is satisfied. Just because they pay me doesn't mean it's over. Once I know their happy by the feedback they've posted for me, THEN I leave feedback for them.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Tilar

Hell, Ebay owns PayPal so it's a win win situation for them.

Quote from: rav440 on February 06, 2008, 08:46:42 PM
its up to the buyer it leave feedback first in my book . when i first started selling on ebay years ago i always left feedback when the item was paid for but alot of the buyers would not do their part and leave feedback . so i started waiting till the buyer left FB then i would give them FB this method works well . im not holding anything hostage . i just feel that when the buyer get thier item they won the ball is in their court .
last year i did a little test i sold 20 items and left FB as soon as the item was paid for out of 20 i got 3 FB . the buyer is less likely to leave FB once they have recived the item and FB was left for them , as a seller your more likley to leave feedback because your more active on ebay and there are reminders on you ebay page .

As a buyer, I end up seeing just the opposite. I always leave appropriate feedback as soon as I get the item and see that it is exactly as was described. I have had to wait a couple months for my items and still leave pos feedback, but I will mention very slow to ship. However I end up with roughly 10% of the sellers do not leave any feedback at all. So what I have started to do to remedy this, is check their percentage of feedback received VS feedback left. If they dont leave feedback, I'll send them an email and mention their feedback percentages and that if they want feedback in return, they need to leave it first. Nothing worse than looking at someone ratings and see they are a power seller with 2500 feedback ratings, and they have only left 350 ratings for their buyers.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hemihead

I have bought off Ebay and no probs . I will never sell there . Way to much money . I think it's not right that if you leave negative feedback as a buyer , the seller seems to always have a negative comeback .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

rav440

Quote from: Tilar on February 10, 2008, 09:50:20 AM

As a buyer, I end up seeing just the opposite. I always leave appropriate feedback as soon as I get the item and see that it is exactly as was described. I have had to wait a couple months for my items and still leave pos feedback, but I will mention very slow to ship. However I end up with roughly 10% of the sellers do not leave any feedback at all. So what I have started to do to remedy this, is check their percentage of feedback received VS feedback left. If they dont leave feedback, I'll send them an email and mention their feedback percentages and that if they want feedback in return, they need to leave it first. Nothing worse than looking at someone ratings and see they are a power seller with 2500 feedback ratings, and they have only left 350 ratings for their buyers.

i guess the door swings both ways , but im not changing my ways i still feel it is upto the buyer to be first to leave feedback . i always leave feedback and i have never nor do i ever want to leave negitive feedback .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

superduperbee

Quote from: bill440rt on February 06, 2008, 10:36:21 PM
I agree with the Paypal fees being too high. eBay whacks you to post an auction, then the final value fee, then Paypal hits you with another fee. This may be better once the initial posting fees & gallery goes down, that will help on unsold items.

For the feedback issue, as a seller I always wait until I know the buyer has received their item & leaves feedback for me. The transaction is only truly complete once I know the buyer receives their item & is satisfied. Just because they pay me doesn't mean it's over. Once I know their happy by the feedback they've posted for me, THEN I leave feedback for them.
:Twocents:
I agree, I never leave feedback till we're both satisfied with the transaction. Myselfe and others I sell for/do business with  have been burned by non-paying bidders who leave negative feedback after you leave it for them. In my 6 years of selling on ebay I have only 2 neg. both from bidders who never paid. It is totally unfair to not allow sellers to leave feedback for these deadbeats.
For instance, you list an item, it sells, a couple weeks goes by and you don't recieve payment. You have to file a payment reminder, wait another week, file a non payment form, wait 2 or 3 weeks. then the deadbeats can take it to arbitration and tie you up a couple more weeks before they finally get a non-payment strike on their account.
  Good luck making a second chance offer to any of the previous bidders after 2 months has passed! And now how can you as a seller screen out potential deadbeats if you have no feedback to go on?
  I've been burned as a buyer also so I understand both sides of the story. But to put the total burden of the process on the seller and open them up to blackmail from buyers is unacceptable for me. Ray