News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gasget Question

Started by tommymac, February 01, 2008, 09:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommymac

Which ones would be better,Cork or these blackkinda-stiff ones, for Oil Pan,Valve Cover.using Ultra-Copper Gold Silicone.

mally69

I usually have good luck with just cork gaskets..  Just dont over tighnten becuase the gasket will sqeeze out and won't seal up :Twocents:

firefighter3931

I don't like cork on the oilpan gasket...the black Felpros have worked well for me.  :2thumbs:

On the valvecovers the cork can work good with a stock type stamped steel valvecover but with a cast aluminum VC i prefer the rubber seals.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

4aThrill

the cork ones rip real easy, Felpro has a non tearable gasket they come in a pack of two, i think Summit has it. I recommand the Felpro ones, less of hassel.  :RantExplode:

tommymac

Ill try the black ones I have they seem a lot bit sturdier than cork, Plus they are much thicker for the Cast covers I have.

NMike

i stay as far away from cork as i can. use the layered black paperish gaskets for the pan. for small blocks i use the new rubber with steel spacers. can't overtighten, and reusable.

Charger Steve

I would stay away from cork gaskets, never had much luck with them sealing up.
Charger Steve