News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buying A Welder

Started by MoparYoungGun, October 06, 2005, 07:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparYoungGun

I really want to learn how to weld and do it fairly well. So, that means I'm going to need to buy a welder. I'm thinking of getting a MIG because of its simplicity and the fact that it is fairly easy to operate, just point the gun and shoot so to speak. So browsing through some catalogs I have found three that I think would be a good unit. They are the Hobart Handler 140, the Lincoln Electric SP-135T, and the Lincoln Electric SP-135 Plus. What do you all think of these? What would another good unit be? Any help and all suggestions are welcomed! Thanks!

4402tuff4u

Millermatic 210. I love it! :icon_smile_tongue:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

69bananabeast

At school I used Millers and Lincolns . I liked the Millers alot better , mainly because of the handle . I have heard that Hobarts are similiar to Miller
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Charger4404spd

I agree, Miller is the best. I have a Lincoln 135 jujst because it was free. It does a very good job but its only good for say 3/16" metal and thinner. If you plan on any heavier use, I'd recommend the Miller 210 also. But for light duty weldong and the price, you wont go wrong with a Lincoln 135.