News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI 500 at Barrett Jackson

Started by 69_500, January 18, 2008, 10:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Well the HEMI 4 speed car just went accross the block at BJ. Brought $110K.

That is a far cry from what some thought it would go for. I think the thing that killed that car is the non numbers matching, and there is still something fishy with the fender tag on that car.

PocketThunder

I think my guess of $75k for a 440 4-speed car then is close to what the "market" is bringing right now.  :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Moparmatty

The 440 Superbird did very well I thought.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Dodge Don

Quote from: 69_500 on January 18, 2008, 10:14:18 PM
Well the HEMI 4 speed car just went accross the block at BJ. Brought $110K.

That is a far cry from what some thought it would go for. I think the thing that killed that car is the non numbers matching, and there is still something fishy with the fender tag on that car.

What drove me nuts was listening to the auctioneers repeatedly yelling "in Galen's registry...in the registry....in the registry" like that adds some value to the car.

69_500

Well here is the thing about both 4 speed 500's that have been mentioned for sale recently. The HEMI on on BJ wasn't a #'s car, and neither is the one that 69Charger500 has. His has a warranty block in it, but I must add that his car has the #'s tranny in it still. I'm not sure on the HEMI 500. For some reason I was thinking the entire drive line was from a 67 car. Having only seen the HEMI 500 1 time in person, for about 15 minutes, I'd love to go over it with a fine tooth comb. Because that car has been up for sale pretty much solidly for the last 4 years. First time asking price was $35K US (at the time $45K Canadian), then it went to $50K US, then to $95K US, then to $125K US, and most recently to $155K US. There has to be something wrong with the car somewhere, that takes a little bit of poking or looking to see. Otherwise I would think that the car would have had no problem selling at any of those above asking prices in the past, but I think it only sold 2 of the times it was up for sale.

Ghoste

The problem could be just that the car has been mired into the flipper market with each portfolio holder trying to maximize their return and it's scaring away the big wallet collectors?  :shruggy:

69_500

Well I just remember something being a little "fishy" about that car the first time that it came up for sale a few years ago. Something to do with the fender tag. I know the tag on the car is a replacement tag, but i'm just wondering what they used to make the new tag? If they have the old tag that is one thing, or if they have the broadcast sheet that would be fine too, but to just guess is a whole other story.