News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1000$ budget!what parts?

Started by gordo1968charger, January 18, 2008, 08:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

If you are really planning to stroke the motor next year I would wait on the cam and heads.  You need to start with a good plan and keep to it.

Most times the cam you would chose for a stock stroke will be different than a good choice on a stroker.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on January 28, 2008, 08:17:03 PM
Most times the cam you would chose for a stock stroke will be different than a good choice on a stroker.

Exactly...the longer stroke and larger displacement will want more cam. If you go with an aftermarket head you will also want to chose a gring with more high lift area to take advantage of the better cylinder heads. With a stock head that hasn't had the guides trimmed down you will be limited to .510 valve lift.

The cam profiles would be different from the mild 383 to the hotter 438.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs