News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 3rd gen/superbee hood

Started by plum500, October 05, 2005, 08:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

TruckDriver

If this would be febuary, this hood would become mine :-\

Interesting as that looks like a '72 hood to me ???
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

flashley18

i Was the highest bidder then got beat out by 10 dollars.

plum500

...damn...10 bucks....

I didn't bid at all, with pickup only on most bulge hoods I see on there... I'm never gonna get one up here :(

Daytona R/T SE

I've got to to get back in the habit of watching e-bay :flame:  That hood would have been mine-oh yes it would :flame:

RD

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 05, 2005, 08:40:15 PM
If this would be febuary, this hood would become mine :-\

Interesting as that looks like a '72 hood to me ???

it was a 71 for two reasons, superbee and vent louvers covered over 3/4 of the hood.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NicksGarage

The '71 insert hoods come in two vent styles plus there is a third that seems to be a replacement one based on later stampings. My '71 has the small gap between the vents like the auction hood. I have another hood without the gap. There are also ones that have the two small sets of vents. These seem to be replacement ones.

It would be interesting to gather information on them to see why there is a difference with the first two. Could be from different assembly plants or just a running change.

Nick.

71 RT

Maybe the different hoods came from 2 differnent plants, as Nick Suggested.  I have a hood with no "space" between the vents, my car was a Lynch road car.  ANyone with a St. Louis 71 RT or Super Bee, just wondering if its a plant difference.
MP

NicksGarage

Hmmm... mine is a Lynch Road car too. Has the original hood. My car was produced in February of 1971. I need to check on my other hood to see where/when it came from. I have the matching doors from the parted out car but I can't remember if the door label is still there.

Nick.

WM23N1G1

Quote from: 71 RT on October 06, 2005, 03:48:53 PM
Maybe the different hoods came from 2 differnent plants, as Nick Suggested.  I have a hood with no "space" between the vents, my car was a Lynch road car.  ANyone with a St. Louis 71 RT or Super Bee, just wondering if its a plant difference.
MP
Mine is a St-Louis car (WM23N1G148035), and I have a space between the vents.

RD

seems that we have inconsistencies, imagine that? hehe...  makes ya wonder what else is different between the assembly plants.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

joww3

I read this from somewhere, but forgot where it was from, maybe from the old forum. Hood with vent that has no gap is all 1971, some of the 71 which were built later in the year had vent with small gap between the vent, which is same as 1972 model. The 1973 models had a bigger gap between the vents than 72, and 1974 models had no vents at all. Really, I didn't make this up.

Mr_fixit

yikes?   810?
73 and 74 info is correct.
but the 71 and 72 thing seems to have no rhyme or reason on the vent space/no space.

plum500

I just watched one without the insert go for ~650US and the insert, though needing repair -- but nothing impossible, for 80 bucks.

I had to let it go as I wasn't going to be home to do the bidding...and wanted to make sure I got both....

Fellow was willing to store it for months too, until I could get it picked up....

Oh well....  :(

haueter66

I had an NOS superbee hood I sold last year for $1200

guess I should have held on a little longer!!

superblu72

Here's an nos r/t,superbee hood that was painted and not mounted, check out the small vents.

Mr_fixit

That would be a replacement hood bought through the dealer.  I have one just like it.

RD

Quote from: superblu72 on October 21, 2005, 08:55:17 PM
Here's an nos r/t,superbee hood that was painted and not mounted, check out the small vents.

fyi, you should rest that hood on its side, not on the two cowl corners for (1) stability (2) corners wont get bent up