News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opions please on setup

Started by 70_charger, January 15, 2008, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70_charger

Car is gonna be mostly street driven sometime strip!440 stroker indy EZ heads with max wedge port or fully ported,ported indy intake to match. I want 10:1 compression,where should I get my crank and pistons from? What pistons should I get flat top,dome or what?I decided to go with the 4brrl 950 pro form?I have no Idea what cam selection I should even start with,hyd roller,hyd,flat,soild  IM a cam dummy!!!! Gonna go with a dlocker with 3.73 or  4.11 .
thanks Marty

mally69

I got my 512 kit from 440 source good stuff and affordable. I have a set of indy ez-1 cnc 295's When it comes to the heads and cam the best thing i can do is direct you to dwayne porter at porter racing here is his number (802) 951-1955   He worked up a custom grind cam for my specific application and i got the entire top end from him  heads, intake, rocker, etc...  He is a great guy to deal with, and also an indy dealer.

firefighter3931

:iagree: If you're going with an Indy top end....Dwayne is the man to deal with. He does a pretty good job of speccing out cams too.  :2thumbs:

There are several companies selling rotating assemblies ; 440 source, muscle motors, campbell enterprises, best machine, etc...take your pick  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70_charger

oh man that guys is great!!!! thanks for his number he got me all straightend out

70_charger

4 got to ask 1.5 or 1.6 rockers ? anyone know ?

mally69

He suggested me to go with the 1.5 becuase of clearences and durability. The 1.6's are harder on the valvetrain, so he made sure when he custom ground my cam to give me the correct amount of lift i needed by using the 1.5's.

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on January 17, 2008, 11:23:10 PM
He suggested me to go with the 1.5 becuase of clearences and durability. The 1.6's are harder on the valvetrain, so he made sure when he custom ground my cam to give me the correct amount of lift i needed by using the 1.5's.

Yep, yep and yep.....1.5 is the way to go !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70_charger

Ok thanks I just priced the harlan sharps Ill stick with the indys .